Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just finished my exotic sword quest, easier than I thought it was going to be.

doing my last one at the moment
    material farming
    dear god no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

gimli2112 wrote: »
    doing my last one at the moment
    material farming
    dear god no

Yup, farming relic iron... Painful.

I have 4 out of 10 found for about a month now, not sure if I'll bother finishing it out. Pointless grinding for no other reason.

I must have spent 2 hours farming relic iron on Saturday and got 3. THREE!!!
    The other seven came relatively quickly.
    Then realised I was a sunsinger and had zero ability kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just finished my exotic sword quest, easier than I thought it was going to be.

Which one did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Which one did you get?

Opted for the solar one myself , was pleased to see it was 310. For some reason I thought it was going to be 290.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All the swords are 310, Gimli I will bring you on a farming run when im on later ill have you sorted in a few mins ;)

It's great! Melts yellow bar enemies.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    All the swords are 310, Gimli I will bring you on a farming run when im on later ill have you sorted in a few mins ;)

Got the mats but I still have to get void ability kills. I'm only at 30% - don't remember it taking so long before but I guess I had the firey and smashy titan so they racked up quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got the mats but I still have to get void ability kills. I'm only at 30% - don't remember it taking so long before but I guess I had the firey and smashy titan so they racked up quick.

Do the sowrd trick i told you about and leg it to my spot on venus youll have the kills in a few mins, or partol the cosmo and as you spawn go left nad down the stairs, 3 yellow bar lads in there count as 15 kills :D

It's great! Melts yellow bar enemies.

You should see the void do its job when you do the black spindle quest, insta clear out of ads :D

• Advertisement

You should see the void do its job when you do the black spindle quest, insta clear out of ads :D

Yeah I've seen someone use it. It's the last sword I need to get and I'm slowly working on it. Still need about another 15 Crucible kills and then I can move onto material gathering. Oh joy! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Any of you guys watch streams of destiny?

I was watching a guy last night called Real Kraftyy play Trials. He was helping seemingly random people get to the Lighthouse. Fairly cool as it seemed to be him vs three other guys the whole time.

Yeah I've seen someone use it. It's the last sword I need to get and I'm slowly working on it. Still need about another 15 Crucible kills and then I can move onto material gathering. Oh joy! :pac:

Mayhem is the way to go. Got one of those Mars maps with tight corridors and massacred people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've noticed a higher volume of people at the CoO lately... Assume it's down to all the new guardians we acquired over christmas......although a majority of them were level 40.

Any of you guys watch streams of destiny?

I was watching a guy last night called Real Kraftyy play Trials. He was helping seemingly random people get to the Lighthouse. Fairly cool as it seemed to be him vs three other guys the whole time.

Yeah, I probably watch more than I play at this stage. Kraftyy is great. I watched him get an 8 year old Guardian to the Lighthouse last week. He's one of the best players out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Yeah, I probably watch more than I play at this stage. Kraftyy is great. I watched him get an 8 year old Guardian to the Lighthouse last week. He's one of the best players out there.

I think he had the same kid on again last night! It was priceless, either that or it was a replay or something, i'm not quite up to speed with twitch yet.

The kid was fairly sharp too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Have a question about a part (possibly) of a mission. My warlock has always been FWC since TTK launched. Last week, Zavala (I think) told me to change alliegence to Dead Orbit, saying something along the lines of "we need to find out what they're up to / keep an eye on them". What's this about? Nothing has happened since I moved to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    Have a question about a part (possibly) of a mission. My warlock has always been FWC since TTK launched. Last week, Zavala (I think) told me to change alliegence to Dead Orbit, saying something along the lines of "we need to find out what they're up to / keep an eye on them". What's this about? Nothing has happened since I moved to them.

I think I had a quest line where I had to join each of the factions, or complete a mission for each of them... Can't really remember what happened with that.

I believe there is also a faction quest that awards an exotic class item, which can be worn with another exotic armour item.

I think I had a quest line where I had to join each of the factions, or complete a mission for each of them... Can't really remember what happened with that.

I believe there is also a faction quest that awards an exotic class item, which can be worn with another exotic armour item.[/QUOTE]

You need to be level 25 with the faction to start these. Seriously grindy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I believe there is also a faction quest that awards an exotic class item, which can be worn with another exotic armour item.[/QUOTE]

You need to be level 25 with the faction to start these. Seriously grindy.

Or costly, buy heavy ammo synths from Variks for 1 etherseed + less glimmer, use all your legendary marks to buy planet mats (donate the weekly one to your faction), Use strange coins to buy heavy ammo synths.

What I don't get it though, it then just gives you more faction rep to that faction, after level 25 chances are you have all the shaders/ships/gear anyways

• Advertisement

start saving those exotic engrams, looks like some new ones coming in

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/41icuc/there_are_still_some_exotics_left_guardians/

syboit wrote: »
    start saving those exotic engrams, looks like some new ones coming in

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/41icuc/there_are_still_some_exotics_left_guardians/

Any chance of a summary, reddit is blocked in work :(

this one caught my eye

2) Astrocyte Verse
    Teleportation: Reduces Blink cooldown and increases travel distance.

Shotgun users rejoice, I'll be playing Borderlands!

Big list :)

Warlocks:

1) Ophidian Aspect: Probably the best one of them all,

Improved Energy Drain, and weapons ready and reload very quickly.

Basically Quickdraw + Force Barrier's Reload speed and Skull of Dire Ahamkara combined, what else do you need???

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=1062853751&itemname=Ophidian%20Aspect

2) Astrocyte Verse

Teleportation: Reduces Blink cooldown and increases travel distance.

Yep... And you though Blink was bad? Say hello to your new hemet, not with 100% more Salt induction, on the enemy!

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2778128366&itemname=Astrocyte%20Verse

3) Transversive Steps: Finally, Walocks too can have some classy boots to step on people!

Strange Angles: Gain faster movement speed while crouching. Picking up ammo automatically reloads the weapon matching that ammo's type.

These are not as exciting as the other, sure, but they might come in handy during Trials and Sweaties where stealth approaches and having weapons with reloaded magaine is always important :D

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2275132880&itemname=Transversive%20Steps

Titans:

1) Dunemarchers: Hope you like running! The fastest class in the game now gets the best boots in the game (in my opinion)!

Speed Demon: Increased sprint speed, increased movement speed while aiming your weapon, and tighter turn radius while sprinting.

Yep! Pair this with Striker, Titan Skating and Mida and nothing will be even able to reach you :D

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2479526175&itemname=Dunemarchers

2) Hope you like to punch stuff.... A lot!!! Cause this massive pair of Gauntlets will make you do that!!! The Thagomizers!

One-Two Punch: Unlocks the Striker subclass node Amplify for free. You gain an additional melee charge.

Yep, not much to say...

Hunters

1) Shinobu's Vow. You like Nothing Manacles (pre nerf edition)??? Then this set of gloves might fit you!!!.... Maybe... I don't really know you...

New Tricks: Improves Skip Grenade and you gain an additional Skip Grenade charge.

We don't really know what "improves" means, but, if it's anything even close to what the Manacles used to be.... THis gon be good ;)

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?item=2217280774&itemname=Shinobu%27s%20Vow

2) Fr0st-EE5: even more boots!!! Hope you like running, cause this boots are good for that!

Rapid Cooldown: Tighter turn radius while sprinting. Increased grenade and melee regeneration while sprinting.

I had a look at the Bungie.net armory and it also showed other year 1 exotics such as the "glasshouse" helmet now at 310 aswell, so there might be even more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the exotic sword quest really that bad. Im on the part where i need 50 major kills and 20 pvp kills i think. What else is involved after this. Im currently 295 light. Is it worth doing? Will it push me over 300?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the exotic sword quest really that bad. Im on the part where i need 50 major kills and 20 pvp kills i think. What else is involved after this. Im currently 295 light. Is it worth doing? Will it push me over 300?

You'll get a 310 sword for your heavy slot. Probably won't push you over 300 but will get you close.
    The next leg is the worst. You have to farm planet materials (and get ability kills). This doesn't sound bad. Trust me it is. After that you have to do a lvl 42 strike under certain conditions and y'er done.
    It is worth it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Now this is crazy. Someone won a Trials match with 26 kills and zero deaths solo.
    [Url] http://kotaku.com/unstoppable-destiny-player-goes-solo-in-trials-without-1754026152[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You'll get a 310 sword for your heavy slot. Probably won't push you over 300 but will get you close.
    The next leg is the worst. You have to farm planet materials (and get ability kills). This doesn't sound bad. Trust me it is. After that you have to do a lvl 42 strike under certain conditions and y'er done.
    It is worth it though.

I have to kill 3 guys now to fight some other boss i think. The crucible kills actually werent that bad in the end. The farming sounds pretty bad alright. Once i get to 301 light do exotic engrams decrypt at 310?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have to kill 3 guys now to fight some other boss i think. The crucible kills actually werent that bad in the end. The farming sounds pretty bad alright. Once i get to 301 light do exotic engrams decrypt at 310?

They have a chance to but you'll still get a lot of 290's. Once you get to 311 or above you are almost guaranteed 310 but apparently there's still a low chance of 290.

• Advertisement

Forgot about that part. It's easy enough. You do the quest which is really the start of the sunless cell. You'll get to a door that's locked. Kill all the adds and leave the three knights. You need to kill them all within 10 seconds of each other to open the door. Boss is just up the road then.
    Alternatively bring Jonny with you and get him to do all the heavy lifting like I did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement