Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Checked in on destiny last night after my recent move to Rainbow Six.

Nobody from the clan on Xbox one ... okay, it's 10pm on a Wednesday. Surely that means nothing.

Two trips to the tower in my brief spell on line ... on both occasions I was there with one other new player (level 6 or 9 with low grimoire) ... and tumbleweed.

Look ... I'm not going to down Destiny - it gave me a solid 14 months ... but I can't help feeling that if folk actually knew what was coming and when they might be more inclined to play a bit. Player numbers must have fallen off a cliff.

Of the 20 or so players I know from Destiny I rarely see more than one online on any given night ... and mostly these days it's nobody on.

Why does this bug me? Well, because destiny is possibly the smoothest, best playing shooter out there ... it's a blast to play. But grinding away at the same PvE or PvP matches kills the joy of it. I'll be back on for iron banner (as I suspect others will be) because playing with a six man team is fun ... but playing on your Todd against blink shotgun or last word rushes? Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nobody from the clan on Xbox one ... okay, it's 10pm on a Wednesday. Surely that means nothing.

Two trips to the tower in my brief spell on line ... on both occasions I was there with one other new player (level 6 or 9 with low grimoire) ... and tumbleweed.

Of the 20 or so players I know from Destiny I rarely see more than one online on any given night ... and mostly these days it's nobody on.

While it's gotten quiet alright, the playstation side still has plenty of people online and up to 2 (sometimes 3) Raid groups each night.

Then again we have a wider net to draw on seeing as we've, for the most part, all added every other PS Clan member and have the chat rooms which are handy

Quiet is good though given how time consuming the game can be and was for a great part..... running 6 Raids a week took a lot of time, and while it was fun, the rewards were often not worth the effort.

Me and 3 other Destiny players are playing borderlands and we're constantly drawing comparisons.

People are thinking the Division will be gods gift to gamers and hailing it as the game Destiny should have been.

Honestly it looks great, but they are quiet different, it'll probably pull a lot of players over for a few weeks/months whatever, but if the gun play isn't as spectacular, if it doesn't have stuff like Exotics that feel special, or it doesn't remove you from reality and make you feel like a god (a-la Novabombing a load of aliens) some peoples interest will dwindle

That being said, I hope it does well, and I'd be interested in picking it up, but I'm tempering my excitement (the Angry Joe video did not Blow me away by any stretch)

It's all good though. People should just play what makes them happy.
    I don't get people that hate on others for playing any given game (i.e. people getting judged for playing Fifa/CoD or whatever) and I don't think any one game needs to cover a person for a year or so.

People (not yourself) are all doom and gloom and it's getting beyond hyperbolic now.

There's a weekly update later today, maybe it'll have something of interest, or maybe it'll just be more placeholder text
    but playing on your Todd against blink shotgun

To be fair, as a Blink-shotgun player, this tactic (if you can call it that) has now been hit so hard it's pretty much unviable now.

The reductions to range and weapon handling and the nerf to Blink and the time needed to ready a Shotgun after blinking has made it far less effective

For some context, if you look at me as a Blink Player I've gotten 4,700 Shotgun kills in PvP and I've gotten 4,200 kill with Pulses or Scouts.

My point being that (since the great Auto Rifle nerf) I've been getting more kills with my Shotgun than my Primary. I AM THE BLINK SHOTGUNNER. And can't justify the bloody things anymore.

And even I've stopped using them. Blink Shotgun is not this game breaking thing it was 6 months ago. It's been exaggerated greatly.

A Sidearm with Rangefinder is a better option right now if you're not rocking a sniper.
    Why does this bug me? Well, because destiny is possibly the smoothest, best playing shooter out there ... it's a blast to play. But grinding away at the same PvE or PvP matches kills the joy of it.

+1 to this. But they don't want every single player to clock up 1,000+ hours, they don't have the man power to push content out fast enough to please players so dedicated.

Best they can do is make the game good for the players with 100-500 hours and if people are willing to continue beyond that, that's all well and good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Checked in on destiny last night after my recent move to Rainbow Six.

Look ... I'm not going to down Destiny - it gave me a solid 14 months ... but I can't help feeling that if folk actually knew what was coming and when they might be more inclined to play a bit. Player numbers must have fallen off a cliff.

Why does this bug me? Well, because destiny is possibly the smoothest, best playing shooter out there ... it's a blast to play. But grinding away at the same PvE or PvP matches kills the joy of it. I'll be back on for iron banner (as I suspect others will be) because playing with a six man team is fun ... but playing on your Todd against blink shotgun or last word rushes? Nope.

depends on the night I suppose, last night no-one from the other xbox lads I know where on, tues night there was 8 or 9 of us and we were short for a 2nd raid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I wonder does the KF challenge that runs on a particular week affect numbers playing in that week. If you've satisfied all three characters with 320 drops you might skip that week in rotation. It was busy enough Tuesday night on PS4, 2 raid groups, and just short of a third I think.

PetKing wrote: »
    I wonder does the KF challenge that runs on a particular week affect numbers playing in that week. If you've satisfied all three characters with 320 drops you might skip that week in rotation. It was busy enough Tuesday night on PS4, 2 raid groups, and just short of a third I think.

I don't believe they do, but I'd like to see a numbers break down per week, active users vs how many times certain events are completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So after denying they had implemented skill based matchmaking, Bungie announce in the weekly update that they have in fact implemented skill based matchmaking. They're becoming a joke tbh

Well, they got to give people something new to whine about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wonder what this new game mode will be - crimson doubles. Clearly the two players are going to have to work together to win and more so than just getting kills.

Maybe something like only assisted kills count - forcing the players to actively work closely together.

wonder what this new game mode will be - crimson doubles. Clearly the two players are going to have to work together to win and more so than just getting kills.

Maybe something like only assisted kills count - forcing the players to actively work closely together.

Re. the admission of skill based match making..

firstly, I have no skill, stop matching me with people who do!
    secondly - bungies communication with its player base is too inconsistent, misinformed and down right lies. It is part of the problem with Destiny, the developers themselves, through their poor communication are alienating and annoying the player base, consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You guys werent joking about that matetial gathering for the exotic sword. F*^k me its mind numbing. Mars is so boring

I'm glad it's Rift for Iron Banner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Same weekend as The Division beta starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You guys werent joking about that matetial gathering for the exotic sword. F*^k me its mind numbing. Mars is so boring

if you have a ghost that highlights relic iron it'll make it a little easier, not a lot but every little helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

gimli2112 wrote: »
    if you have a ghost that highlights relic iron it'll make it a little easier, not a lot but every little helps

What counts as void ability kills. Is it supers, grenades and melees only or do void weapon kills count too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

DeSelby83 wrote:
    What counts as void ability kills. Is it supers, grenades and melees only or do void weapon kills count too?

Everything except the weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Just supers, grenades and nelees, though I've heard sword kills count if it has no ammo.

Just supers, grenades and nelees, though I've heard sword kills count if it has no ammo.

There is a process to getting the sword to count for it - I think it has to have ammo first, then you block until the ammo is gone and THEN melee kills with it will count as ability kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

secondly - bungies communication with its player base is too inconsistent, misinformed and down right lies. It is part of the problem with Destiny, the developers themselves, through their poor communication are alienating and annoying the player base, consistently.

This.
    More than anything else it is this that alienates me so much and has led to me giving up on this game. I'll play some lag banner, but only if I see some of the old heads online.

It's the ****ty way that Bungie interacts with the player base that grates on me - the smarmy BS corporate speak they use when they do irritates as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can also use the door orb keys in the spindle mission.

When holding it it gives you constant charged melee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Lads - I'm around this weekend for the first time in about 5 months. I've havent completed the latest Raid yet. I've been about half way through it and usually the raid team members have to leave. :( Whats the process in getting a team together. I'm only a 304 Warlock... anyone doing one on Friday night or Saturday? Would appreciate some help on it....

Xbox GT: SharperKiller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Lads - I'm around this weekend for the first time in about 5 months. I've havent completed the latest Raid yet. I've been about half way through it and usually the raid team members have to leave. :( Whats the process in getting a team together. I'm only a 304 Warlock... anyone doing one on Friday night or Saturday? Would appreciate some help on it....

post in the fireteam finder thread, all the lads are sound and have been raiding pretty regularly of late.

Anyone on PS4 care for 2 Heroics Strikes and a NF later at 8pm-ish? I have 1 spot and would like some help blitzing them (if possible) with a mate so he can get his 300 1kys for finishing the Vanguard Strikes quest :)

Muppet Man wrote: »

golgoroth challenge aswell this week, few of us have being doing that so your guarantee's a 310/320 (on hard mode) drop of armour. Helps bring up the light levels. As stone said there's a good few still doing stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 care for 2 Heroics Strikes and a NF later at 8pm-ish? I have 1 spot and would like some help blitzing them (if possible) with a mate so he can get his 300 1kys for finishing the Vanguard Strikes quest :)

Is it not a fusion or a shotgun for that chain?

Is it not a fusion or a shotgun for that chain?

Yup, you are correct, regardless, he'd be happy out with a 300 secondary at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got twilight garrison from xur and I helped two people get black spindle on the first try but it was close, there was only 3 seconds left on the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »

Sure, finished RotTR and just started Uncharted Collection so I haven't been on Destiny in over a week.

Will be on for Iron Banana next week will be interesting with it being Rift this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I've got a Sword to 280 but haven't received the Exotic Quest? Anyone know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've got a Sword to 280 but haven't received the Exotic Quest? Anyone know why.

Did you unlock the last node?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement