Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Aye, we'll sit down some day and blitz crota... We almost had it there two weeks ago but one of the lads died just as we were getting ready to take down crota!!!

How about tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I bet this is how exciting SRL was in the Bungie Dev's minds:

DRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wow, that was soooooo forced.
    Why do they make Car Noises?
    How expensive would this be?
    I mean fun concept...... but not scaleable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    This is surely a pi$$ take right?

Yes it was forced.
    I think the car noise was added behind the scenes.
    Very expensive.
    Maybe but if horse dressage can make it into the Olympics you never know.

I initially watched it without sound, so didn't hear the fake F1 sounds. Much better without the sound.

I'd say it'll be a niche "sport", just like that frisbee thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

How about tonight??

I'd be up for that Steve, second last achievement to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

How about tonight??

Possibly.... IB and the Kings Fall first!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Damn going into iron banner solo isn't a good idea, every game I've had so far I've be been matched against parties of 6 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

wexdevil wrote: »
    Damn going into iron banner solo isn't a good idea, every game I've had so far I've be been matched against parties of 6 :/

Same happened me last night. Took me a few minutes to realise it wasn't the same guy killlig me, they were clan members with similar names.

They had invisible hunters camping the heavy spawn, so any time you went near, you were shredded.
    Whenever the carrier came near our rift, we were completely swarmed.

Ran challenge mode on my 303 Titan last night - finished Oryx.
    Got my Titan up to 313 :)

Made an attempt to run through with my Titan on Saturday and completed it last night (from the totems). With Oryx being the only drop who actually dropped me armour.
    Everyone else dropped Mouldy Shards!

• Advertisement

Made an attempt to run through with my Titan on Saturday and completed it last night (from the totems). With Oryx being the only drop who actually dropped me armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yup can't beat RNG, did oryx yesterday and racked up a ton of stuff (including 4 exotics), 3 of us got 320 helmets aswell. Poor Van Damme never got his 320 primary for completing the challenge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

syboit wrote:
    Yup can't beat RNG, did oryx yesterday and racked up a ton of stuff (including 4 exotics), 3 of us got 320 helmets aswell. Poor Van Damme never got his 320 primary for completing the challenge mode.

Was it not at the postmaster afterward? I have a question on the challenge drops. What exactly is guaranteed to be 320? I got the 320 primary last night, but hat was 304. Is it just the primary that is guaranteed on Oryx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    Was it not at the postmaster afterward? I have a question on the challenge drops. What exactly is guaranteed to be 320? I got the 320 primary last night, but hat was 304. Is it just the primary that is guaranteed on Oryx?

You are guaranteed a single 310/320 drop from the bosses loot table and a 310/320 artifact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It is one or the other; 320 primary or helmet.

It is one or the other; 320 primary or helmet.

Yes, for once I reckon I got a 320 drop from having 20 shards, usually my 20 turn into 2!. I ended up with 320 primary and helmet.

Van Damme did check the postmaster afterwards and no 320 there, unless he got a helmet and didnt see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

9 times out of 9 on Oryx I've gotten a 320 Primary OR Armour Piece (99.99% sure all have been helms)

9 times out of 9 on Oryx I've gotten a 320 Primary OR Armour Piece (99.99% sure all have been helms)

this is why there are no helms left for the rest of us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

PlainP wrote: »

So that's where the strange coins in my account came from!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PlainP wrote: »

Be interesting to see if they try and get in front of the hate train in this weeks weekly update.

I've seen communities get pi$$ed off with games before, but nothing on the level of what seems to be going on at the moment. surely they'll have to announce something soon?

syboit wrote: »
    did oryx yesterday and racked up a ton of stuff (including 4 exotics),

Was this in 1 run???? :eek:

I rarely get exotics from Oryx, however I'm fairly stingy with the 3oC's.

Was this in 1 run???? :eek:

I rarely get exotics from Oryx, however I'm fairly stingy with the 3oC's.

1 full raid and just oryx on second character. At this stage I try use a 3oC on warpriest, golgoroth and every second time we go into the shade.

I thought SRL was great for 3oC's, but I rarely use them in Crucible/Iron Banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

syboit wrote:
    1 full raid and just oryx on second character. At this stage I try use a 3oC on warpriest, golgoroth and every second time we go into the shade.

I NEVER have the time to pop a 3oCs for the shade. I'm spinning like a headless chicken looking for relics in the sky before scattering for my plate.

I NEVER have the time to pop a 3oCs for the shade. I'm spinning like a headless chicken looking for relics in the sky before scattering for my plate.

:) , lucky for me I'm never the runner. Pop one before we start oryx, after killing the shade, enough time just to get in and pop another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

All is not well in Bungie....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-28-bungie-replaces-ceo-after-destiny-2-delay
    Bungie president Harold Ryan has exited the company.

Studio veteran Pete Parsons has been promoted to the role of CEO.

A short statement released by Bungie last night gave no reason for the change, although the timing - less than a week after Destiny 2 was reported delayed - is sure to raise eyebrows.

"I want to personally thank Harold for his friendship, passion, hard work, and dedication in helping make Bungie the great company it is today," Parsons said. "As a team, we celebrated many victories and weathered many storms.

"To the players of Destiny, I want you to know that my number one priority, and Bungie's, is and always has been to deliver great games that we can all share together. I believe that Destiny is a one-of-a-kind experience. I also believe you have yet to see our studio's best work. My new role here at the studio will be entirely focused on fulfilling that promise.

"This is yet another new beginning, and a new challenge for our studio. We remain committed to creating great experiences in Destiny."

There was no statement from Ryan, or word on what he will do next.

Bungie is currently working on the sequel to Destiny while still supporting the original game with new content.

But players are becoming frustrated with Bungie's lack of communication concerning its plans for Destiny in 2016 - and have been calling out for a clear schedule.

It's clear, however, Bungie is being stretched to support its game while delivering a sequel. This year's Destiny 1 DLC schedule was reportedly canned in favour of smaller events to allow Destiny 2 more development time - but even this was not enough.

Ryan had been with Bungie since working as a tester on the original Halo. He was promoted to a producer for Halo 2, then studio manager at the start of 2006. Harold's tenure as president began in 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

quad_red wrote: »

So its just Jason left basically with his madness, what could go wrong?

Worrying times ahead for this game now at this stage....

quad_red wrote: »
    Fieldog wrote: »
    So its just Jason left basically with his madness, what could go wrong?

Worrying times ahead for this game now at this stage....

This doesn't sound too good at all. Hopefully over the next week or so, Bungie will come out with a clear statement on whats in store for Y2Destiny and Destiny 2 itself.

Who knows what's been going on behind the scenes. Do you think anyone there may be, not regretting, but questioning the decision to tie themselves to Activision? Is the whole Activision thing nothing more than a scapegoat?

This doesn't sound too good at all. Hopefully over the next week or so, Bungie will come out with a clear statement on whats in store for Y2Destiny and Destiny 2 itself.

Who knows what's been going on behind the scenes. Do you think anyone there may be, not regretting, but questioning the decision to tie themselves to Activision? Is the whole Activision thing nothing more than a scapegoat?
    The Activision deal always struck me as an odd one. they moved away from Microsoft to gain autonomy (or so I thought) and develop multiplatform. They then tied themselves to Activision arguably more strongly than they had been tied to Microsoft.

If Bungie had stayed with MS, and did Destiny as a console exclusive for them, would it have become a better game? Would the concentration on Xbox (and probably just Xbox One, at that) been better? Would MS have pushed Bungie financially as much?

• Advertisement

You can now see calcified fragments per character on Bungie.net. Assume the 3rd party sites will update soon enough.

After all my bitching about glitched fragments etc.... it turns out my 50th fragment is (according to Bungie.net) the THIRD fecking fragment, just sitting there in the Dreadnaught waiting to be picked up. IDIOT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement