Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The Activision deal always struck me as an odd one. they moved away from Microsoft to gain autonomy (or so I thought) and develop multiplatform. They then tied themselves to Activision arguably more strongly than they had been tied to Microsoft.

If Bungie had stayed with MS, and did Destiny as a console exclusive for them, would it have become a better game? Would the concentration on Xbox (and probably just Xbox One, at that) been better? Would MS have pushed Bungie financially as much?

Of course MS would have, I would have bought an Xbox Day one if Destiny had its exclusive **** on the platform....

I was following where Bungie were going for years after Reach, reading the teasers and clues about Destiny for 4 or 5 long years to even see a screenshot, and it was a case of where they went I would follow...

I was just about to go to bed watching the first PS4 Sony conference when the lads waded out "not knowing what to do with their hands"

PS4 pre ordered next day, haven't looked back...

This is very very very worrying with Ryan gone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Activision deal always struck me as an odd one. they moved away from Microsoft to gain autonomy (or so I thought) and develop multiplatform. They then tied themselves to Activision arguably more strongly than they had been tied to Microsoft.

If Bungie had stayed with MS, and did Destiny as a console exclusive for them, would it have become a better game? Would the concentration on Xbox (and probably just Xbox One, at that) been better? Would MS have pushed Bungie financially as much?

I think, if they had stayed with MS, the game would be more complete. Given the history of MS and Bungie with Halo, I think MS would have allowed Bungie all the time they needed to get the game right, the way it was originally intended, or close enough at least. Getting into bed with Activision forced Bungie to get the game out quick, which ended up being to the detriment of game in some respects.

Now, I don't know if the game would be as successful if it was an Xbone exclusive. This is not a console war thing, just basing it on the numbers we have in our own clan, the majority of players are PS. Now, if it was an exclusive, and it was as close to as originally intended, who knows what the pickup would have been like on XB, considering it's Bungie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think, if they had stayed with MS, the game would be more complete. Given the history of MS and Bungie with Halo, I think MS would have allowed Bungie all the time they needed to get the game right, the way it was originally intended, or close enough at least. Getting into bed with Activision forced Bungie to get the game out quick, which ended up being to the detriment of game in some respects.

Now, I don't know if the game would be as successful if it was an Xbone exclusive. This is not a console war thing, just basing it on the numbers we have in our own clan, the majority of players are PS. Now, if it was an exclusive, and it was as close to as originally intended, who knows what the pickup would have been like on XB, considering it's Bungie.

I think there are a few PS players who went with PS because of the extra content. I know there are a few of us that have both consoles. Personally, I would have bought it on the Xbox if the console exclusives were on the Xbox side rather than PS.

https://m.imgur.com/a/5c8XA

If there is any truth to this Reddit post by a Bungie employee - things are well going down the sh1tter....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://m.imgur.com/a/5c8XA

If there is any truth to this Reddit post by a Bungie employee - things are well going down the sh1tter....

The mods on reddit contacted the guy for verification.

He provided none at all, and lied about sending them two mails as part of trying to prove himself. All that was offered up, last time i looked at the thread, was an 8 year old image of someone, with their face blurred out, standing in reception (i think) of Bungie HQ.

The mods on reddit contacted the guy for verification.

He provided none at all, and lied about sending them two mails as part of trying to prove himself. All that was offered up, last time i looked at the thread, was an 8 year old image of someone, with their face blurred out, standing in reception (i think) of Bungie HQ.

Sounded a bit real though - hes obviously not gonna identify himself either way, I thought he said the live team was 10, pretty sure that is what they say in the Vidoc... So it could be anyone!

Just seems all the old timers are dropping away now, they have had their fill and can't bare the thought of doing it all over again with D2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Top comment on Reddit:
    FYI, When a CEO steps down, he (or she) will "give a few words". When a CEO is fired, the new CEO gives a few words.

Just so we're all crystal clear on what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its funny, I wonder they had gone down the World of warcraft route at the start, and had amonthly subscription, would they be facing these problems now.

anyway tonight is update night, so that might (although probably wont) have some further info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its funny, I wonder they had gone down the World of warcraft route at the start, and had amonthly subscription, would they be facing these problems now.

anyway tonight is update night, so that might (although probably wont) have some further info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they had stayed with Microsoft I'd say Destiny would have been an Xbox and PC exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nah they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot, but PS would've never gotten hawkmoon.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If they had stayed with Microsoft I'd say Destiny would have been an Xbox and PC exclusive.

well, yes - it would have been xbox exclusive. I reckon the 360 would not have got it though, it would have been used as a system seller. So they dev team would not have been held back by the previous generation limitations. A focus on one console would have been a help to the dev team I think, and I reckon they would have got more time and space from Microsoft than they got from Activision.

Nah they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot, but PS would've never gotten hawkmoon.

What Microsoft published/funded games have come out on Playstation?

If Bungie had stayed with MS, with the same relationship they had on Halo games, there is no way Destiny would have released on PS.

You can now see calcified fragments per character on Bungie.net. Assume the 3rd party sites will update soon enough.

After all my bitching about glitched fragments etc.... it turns out my 50th fragment is (according to Bungie.net) the THIRD fecking fragment, just sitting there in the Dreadnaught waiting to be picked up. IDIOT.

Couldn't see the fragments on the site. Where is it located?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Couldn't see the fragments on the site. Where is it located?

My Legend - Advisors. Scroll down to Calcified Fragments.

My Legend - Advisors. Scroll down to Calcified Fragments.

I had a look in advisor's but misses it completely.

Thanks for that.

What Microsoft published/funded games have come out on Playstation?

If Bungie had stayed with MS, with the same relationship they had on Halo games, there is no way Destiny would have released on PS.

Minecraft and Story Mode says hello... :)

MS can't say No to a bit of spare cash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

But Telltale are a multiplatform developer

Bungies Halo series (discounting their PC games like Myth The Fallen Lords) was not

Ah but Minecraft was already on Playstation by the time MS bought Mojang.

• Advertisement

Minecraft was already multi-platform prior to MS buying it, so I have no surprise that it has continued that way. I believe there were discussions prior to sale regarding that.

I think that scenario is vastly different to what could/would have transpired had Bungies relationship with Microsoft remained as it was during the Halo years.

Sure why is Halo not on PS, if MS can't say no to a bit of spare cash? Why is Forza a console exclusive? Why is gears of war not playable on PS?

EDIT: Sure isn't Mojangs next game (which will sell off Minecraft popularity) a console exclusive for MS?

Why is Forza a console exclusive?

Because Forza is a poor mans Gran Tourismo :cool:;)
    Why is gears of war not playable on PS?

PS cant handle the awesomeness of GoW :cool:;)

Because Forza is a poor mans Gran Tourismo :cool:;)

PS cant handle the awesomeness of GoW :cool:;)

Forza hasn't been a poor mans GT in a while. the last couple of entries/teasers from the GT franchise have been sterile, boring disappointments.

Not a fan of Forza 6 though, myself.

I can see them announcing Minecraft 2 inevitably on all system's and possibly a timed exclusive to Xbox/Windows 10...

It's an interesting one as Minecraft was out on PS4 before MS took over the brand, and consistently update it sometimes even before the X1 release....

I thought they wouldn't allow Story Mode go to PS4 but possibly have no say in where the game ended up....

I would love Gears on PS4, can't see that happening but stranger things have happened - its not a system seller for me for me to buy a console though...

@Mitch - my 360 Forza loving friend migrated to PS4 with and oddly enough has no interest in F6 either - he says he is happy with Project Cars and his old 360 wheel works on it so bonus....

He is really anticipating Asseto Corsa, I'm not into racing sims so I wouldn't have a clue... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Finally got my first Oryx kill with my Titan last night, infused the ToM afterwards. Very happy. IB for weekend now. Need better ghosts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Think I'm upto my 4th competitive shell in a row for completing shaxx's weekly bounties, thank god I ain't grinding these.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

i9XrG8fl.jpg

Chocolate Ghost anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This reminds me of someone.
    I knew the inevitable comparison was going to come up eventually. Besides the Xbox marketplace algorithm informing me that somehow I might like Just Dance 2016 and Dance Central because of playing Destiny. I mean, the commonality is so obvious: both games have dancing, right?

Anyway, I played JD 2016 for an hour and I was thoroughly disappointed. Ubisoft advertised some kind of functionality with smartphones, something I figured was similar to the Destiny companion app. They also mentioned something called "the Kinect", but none of my friends have that lol. As it turns out, instead of being able to look into my characters' inventory, I have to wave around my smartphone to execute my emotes. Lame, right?

I found out that you can do Michael Jackson moves in JD 2016, but I found that was just like the "summon zombies" emote from Tess that I paid some silver for. Originality point goes to Destiny!

That aside, I have to come right out and say it: Destiny's gunplay completely craps on JD 2016's version. I mean, all you have in JD 2016 are pre-recorded, choreographed finger guns. Wut? How is someone supposed to enjoy this? By comparison, Destiny has all sorts of different guns: rocket launchers, lmgs, pew-pew guns, fa-zhoom guns, rat-tat-tat guns and pulse rifles. And they are all satisfying, with great sound effects, amirite? In JD 2016, for sounds all you get are a bunch of JLo and Britney Spears songs. I mean, come on.

Sure, we complain about missing story, but who cares? Destiny has much better dancing and gunplay. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Top posts on Destiny subreddit right now: Just Dance and The Division

• Advertisement

Finally grinded out my 5000th kill with sidearms. All the grimoire be mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement