Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Finally grinded out my 5000th kill with sidearms. All the grimoire be mine.

Only so many Hive I can wake before I stopped caring.

Ha, just used sidearms while doing missions, less repetition/boredom that way.
    Had to level up my Titan and Hunter, so it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bungie must be adding doubles as a permanent game mode, they have added an additional 15 grimoire to the card for the usual number of wins per tier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bungie must be adding doubles as a permanent game mode, they have added an additional 15 grimoire to the card for the usual number of wins per tier.

Could that not be directly related to Crimson Doubles next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Year 1 Salvage says "Hello"

• Advertisement

Could that not be directly related to Crimson Doubles next week?

The doubles card was already in the grimoire, but was only worth 5 points and only required a single game completion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Apparantly, Bungie have started sending out emails to players, asking if we are still having fun. It's a small questionaire, with answers being ranked 1 to 5.

The doubles card was already in the grimoire, but was only worth 5 points and only required a single game completion.

So they add more to try and engage more people with crimson doubles. It's a plausible explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Maintenance from 4pm to 10pm. Anyone for some Monopoly and maybe a sneaky game of Cluedo this evening.

Anyone for some Monopoly and maybe a sneaky game of Cluedo this evening.

I've lost enough friends thanks! :D

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've lost enough friends thanks! :D
    Buy whatever monopolies you can, buy all the houses - never upgrade to hotels; ruin the game for everyone.

Buy whatever monopolies you can, buy all the houses - never upgrade to hotels; ruin the game for everyone.

Damn straight. Creating a housing shortage is the way to go, get as many of the 32 houses as possible and ignore the hotels. Getting them into the corners is very profitable.

Hotels are end-game, if you can't handle it, s**t or get off the pot, git gud you homeless bum, there's guys on twitch who can carry you to flawless Hotel street

Hotels are end-game, if you can't handle it, s**t or get off the pot, git gud you homeless bum, there's guys on twitch who can carry you to flawless Hotel street

A lack of strategic awareness.

If you create a housing shortage, the others can't put many houses (or any hotels) on their plots - so you rake it in on rent, and they can't do sh1t about it.

Oh no I'm back here...as in Destiny btw :P

I have had my arm twisted to get The Taken King as a buddie of mine only bought his Xbox last week.

Haven't played Destiny this since June 2015......

Is there an in depth guide to follow to get up to speed?

A lack of strategic awareness.

If you create a housing shortage, the others can't put many houses (or any hotels) on their plots - so you rake it in on rent, and they can't do sh1t about it.

I didn't even twig that's why it's called "Monopoly" tbh :o

I'd probably just open a 2nd box if we ran out of houses.

Zelda Monopoly meets Star Wars Monopoly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Zelda Monopoly meets Star Wars Monopoly!!!

No franchises allowed.

Old skool or die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Are some maps only available in 3v3 games? Came across two there I've never played before.

As per the Bungie update as of Tuesday you will now start 3v3 PvP matches with no special ammo.

• Advertisement

Community Spirit :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So playing as a Warlock is fun enough, nice having a 20ft melee range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

As per the Bungie update as of Tuesday you will now start 3v3 PvP matches with no special ammo.

Could be good for trials.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could be good for trials.

Indeed, hope it resets every round for trials/elimination. It would give you an incentive to press hard before the special ammo spawns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Doesn't reset every round.

Played some games last night. SBMM is as bad as ever. Don't think I played anyone who had below a 1.3. Every round just a sweatfest of Thorn and 1KStare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Doesn't reset every round.

Played some games last night. SBMM is as bad as ever. Don't think I played anyone who had below a 1.3. Every round just a sweatfest of Thorn and 1KStare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

No more teleporting ogres when the 2.1.1 update lands, they also mention the camera issue at the daughters being fixed, I'm guessing this is when you slam and your camera goes ape****.

dudeeile wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

No more teleporting ogres when the 2.1.1 update lands, they also mention the camera issue at the daughters being fixed, I'm guessing this is when you slam and your camera goes ape****.

No its the bug where your viee reverts to 1st person before running the jumps.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh no I'm back here...as in Destiny btw :P

I have had my arm twisted to get The Taken King as a buddie of mine only bought his Xbox last week.

Haven't played Destiny this since June 2015......

Is there an in depth guide to follow to get up to speed?

Theres's some guides you can google but I'm gonna give ya the main points

There's not a whole pile to concern yourself with just now right this second.

tTK basically breaks down into 3 compontents
    • Act 1: Story Missions (you'll know when Act 1 ends as some credits style text will pop up saying "The Taken King" BOM BOM BOMMMMMM!!!!!)
    • Act 2: The Taken War, a mix of mission, patrol and strikes until you finally get the "Road to Kings Fall" quest, also there is 2 other worthwhile quests to complete, one by taking part in the Court of Oryx and another called "The Never Ending Battle".... by doing all this you should be around 280-295 light. Keep doing the daily PvPs and Mission where appllicable
    • Act 3: Nightfalls, The Raid, Iron Banner, Trials, getting your exotic sword, getting the touch of malice etc etc etc

The only thing you need to know is that your overall light level is based on
    • Weapons: 12% each
    • Armour 10% each
    • Ghost, Artifact, Class Item: 8% each.

If one is holding you back, consider buying a Vendor item for Legendary marks
    1. If you have legendary weapons or armour you don't want, fully level them up before dismantling them to get 5 marks instead of 3
    2. You can now use Motes of Light to level gear up if needed.
    3. The speaker will exchange almost all of Year Materials for Glimmer or Motes.
    4. The Gunsmith sells weapons parts and you should rank him up as much as possible by using his test weapons
    5. WHENEVER YOU GO TO DECRYPT ENGRAMS ENSURE YOU ARE WEARING ALL THE HIGHEST NUMBERS GEAR POSSIBLE - Bungie.net now has a feature in it's "Gear" section called "Maximise Light"... use this (Engrams now normally decrypt at your existing light level or higher)

There's more to go into, but for acts 1 and 2, just enjoy the ride (which does include grinding 11 strikes total, but since they are new and rewards marks in the latter half, it's not so bad but a great source of getting gear to get you over that oft times frustrating hump between 240 light and 275 light)
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Community Spirit :/

You're damn right!!! Now go enjoy! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

No its the bug where your viee reverts to 1st person before running the jumps.

Ah right, I hadn't actually experienced that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement