Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So playing as a Warlock is fun enough, nice having a 20ft melee range

Don't pretend that it's not offset my the ability to not do double, triple or quad jumps, go invisible, slide further yadda yadda yadda :pac:

With Warlocks you really need to play within a certain sub-class given the game type as opposed to say Hunter where one can just run Bladedancer in all modes and generally be alright.

Biggest Warlock issue? Only having Blink on Voidwalker. I love the Stormcaller super and the Sunsinger Melee and Grenade combo, but it's a total trade off.

That being said, master the Shoot->Blink->Shoot->Melee combo and you'll have a lot of fun especially if you have the Ram :)

Sidearms are best if you're not using Snipers as you don't need a shotgun with warlock melee :pac:

No its the bug where your viee reverts to 1st person before running the jumps.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    they also mention the camera issue at the daughters being fixed, I'm guessing this is when you slam and your camera goes ape****.

I think Dudeeile is right. It's really just about how you interpret the word "Default" though, default could be "1st Person" or "Straight Ahead".

I can't say I've ever heard anyone in my party complain about it going into 1st person. The swinging back to "Straight Ahead" though happens on every single slam ever
    Gavin: If you’ve ever been the “runner” in the Daughters of Oryx encounter, you’ve probably encountered an incredibly annoying issue where your camera would snap back to a default position. We’ve fixed that, which should make the runner’s job more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think Dudeeile is right. It's really just about how you interpret the word "Default" though, default could be "1st Person" or "Straight Ahead".

I can't say I've ever heard anyone in my party complain about it going into 1st person. The swinging back to "Straight Ahead" though happens on every single slam ever

Think it happened to Salty once when I was doing the Daughters. It went to 3rd person when he was chosen then snapped back to 1st person., can't really say its a common bug though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

With Warlocks you really need to play within a certain sub-class given the game type as opposed to say Hunter where one can just run Bladedancer in all modes and generally be alright.

I ran a blade dancer to get the the sub-class quest done last week during IB and had great fun with it. It may have been due to opponents grouping up and allowing for lots of blade dancing multi-kills though!
    Last week was the first time I specced for max agility. I normally go for max armour and recovery - but can see myself going for agility more often (again this may have worked out for me because rift was the mode).

Think it happened to Salty once when I was doing the Daughters. It went to 3rd person when he was chosen then snapped back to 1st person., can't really say its a common bug though.

You're using Salty as the yardstick for gauging bugs/issues?!?!?!?!

Get Out in the garden you!

:pac:
    nevelator wrote: »
    I ran a blade dancer to get the the sub-class quest done last week during IB and had great fun with it. It may have been due to opponents grouping up and allowing for lots of blade dancing multi-kills though!
    Last week was the first time I specced for max agility. I normally go for max armour and recovery - but can see myself going for agility more often (again this may have worked out for me because rift was the mode).

I don't necessarily "Max" it.

But IMHO Agility>Armour now (expect for maybe trials where you need to survive XYZ 1-hit kills)

• Advertisement

Also, for all you non-sidearm peasants

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/695384776576860165

I'll just leave my sidearm here for ye to enjoy looking at, but no touching!!!!

l6RZd2D.jpg?1

Also, seems the secondary legendary engrams are basically just churning out PoE weapon

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/44abrm/do_not_buy_special_weapons_legacy_engrams_they/

Funnily enough the only 2 exotic weapons I don't have are PoE weapons :pac:

Everyone's obviously on lunch break so I'm here on my own!

Cormac Riot!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

'Ere lds, does that cormac fella ever STFU?

EDIT: Opps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Advertisement

Also, for all you non-sidearm peasants

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/695384776576860165

I'll just leave my sidearm here for ye to enjoy looking at, but no touching!!!!

l6RZd2D.jpg?1

That is probably due to the spawn with secondary ammo perk tha all sidearms have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have always specd max agility and recovery. More useful than armour IMO. The difference between low recovery and max is massive

Also, seems the secondary legendary engrams are basically just churning out PoE weapon

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/44abrm/do_not_buy_special_weapons_legacy_engrams_they/

Funnily enough the only 2 exotic weapons I don't have are PoE weapons :pac:

Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I enjoyed your post so much I even thanked your double post :D

Also Cormac I thought you didn't like cheese and cheap tatics yet your a strong advocate of Blink, the only move in Destiny that still has no effective counter to.

It was getting to a stage pre-nerf Blink shotgun was what was killing me 70% of the time, snipers 25%, suicide 3% and everything else 2% :D

Also I assume your go to exotic will be Astrocyse Verse when it's released?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2778128366&itemname=Astrocyte%20Verse

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Also Cormac I thought you didn't like cheese

I don't like them in Raids. That's my personal preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Could this be Destiny 2's Gjallahorn?
    ESLsXdp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Could this be Destiny 2's Gjallahorn?
    ESLsXdp.jpg

that microphone heavy looks like a mad yoke, looks like it would just fire a blast of mini rockets.

syboit wrote: »
    that microphone heavy looks like a mad yoke, looks like it would just fire a blast of mini rockets.

It's also errant data. That heavy was scrapped during production of TTK. Still no sign of the Fire or Voidlords though, both of which do exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It's also errant data. That heavy was scrapped during production of TTK. Still no sign of the Fire or Voidlords though, both of which do exist.

They could bring it back for D2 (if it ever happens), or a variant of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

AdamD wrote: »
    Have always specd max agility and recovery. More useful than armour IMO. The difference between low recovery and max is massive

Yeah, I think I am going to change to that kind of a set-up. Means I have to be a little bit more clever picking my fights; which is no bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just hit 300, kinda delighted seen as I haven't tried KF yet.

Does this mean now that my engrams will decrypt over 300?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just hit 300, kinda delighted seen as I haven't tried KF yet.

Does this mean now that my engrams will decrypt over 300?

Your exotic engrams have a chance to decrypt at 310.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Don't pretend that it's not offset my the ability to not do double, triple or quad jumps, go invisible, slide further yadda yadda yadda :pac:

Biggest Warlock issue? Only having Blink on Voidwalker. I love the Stormcaller super and the Sunsinger Melee and Grenade combo, but it's a total trade off.

That being said, master the Shoot->Blink->Shoot->Melee combo and you'll have a lot of fun especially if you have the Ram :)

Sidearms are best if you're not using Snipers as you don't need a shotgun with warlock melee :pac:

Best part is being able to wreck with all the Yr 1 favorites. VoC and Pocket Infinity FTW :pac:

Theres's some guides you can google but I'm gonna give ya the main points

There's not a whole pile to concern yourself with just now right this second.

tTK basically breaks down into 3 compontents
    • Act 1: Story Missions (you'll know when Act 1 ends as some credits style text will pop up saying "The Taken King" BOM BOM BOMMMMMM!!!!!)
    • Act 2: The Taken War, a mix of mission, patrol and strikes until you finally get the "Road to Kings Fall" quest, also there is 2 other worthwhile quests to complete, one by taking part in the Court of Oryx and another called "The Never Ending Battle".... by doing all this you should be around 280-295 light. Keep doing the daily PvPs and Mission where appllicable
    • Act 3: Nightfalls, The Raid, Iron Banner, Trials, getting your exotic sword, getting the touch of malice etc etc etc

The only thing you need to know is that your overall light level is based on
    • Weapons: 12% each
    • Armour 10% each
    • Ghost, Artifact, Class Item: 8% each.

If one is holding you back, consider buying a Vendor item for Legendary marks
    1. If you have legendary weapons or armour you don't want, fully level them up before dismantling them to get 5 marks instead of 3
    2. You can now use Motes of Light to level gear up if needed.
    3. The speaker will exchange almost all of Year Materials for Glimmer or Motes.
    4. The Gunsmith sells weapons parts and you should rank him up as much as possible by using his test weapons
    5. WHENEVER YOU GO TO DECRYPT ENGRAMS ENSURE YOU ARE WEARING ALL THE HIGHEST NUMBERS GEAR POSSIBLE - Bungie.net now has a feature in it's "Gear" section called "Maximise Light"... use this (Engrams now normally decrypt at your existing light level or higher)

There's more to go into, but for acts 1 and 2, just enjoy the ride (which does include grinding 11 strikes total, but since they are new and rewards marks in the latter half, it's not so bad but a great source of getting gear to get you over that oft times frustrating hump between 240 light and 275 light)

You're damn right!!! Now go enjoy! :pac:

Still sounds overwhelming :eek:
    Cheers for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

Best part is being able to wreck with all the Yr 1 favorites. VoC and Pocket Infinity FTW :pac:

using year one gear... your one of them......

u should really go play the classic playlists. this bull about year one guns still viable in the pvp aspect is a load of balls to be fair.

using year one gear... your one of them......

u should really go play the classic playlists. this bull about year one guns still viable in the pvp aspect is a load of balls to be fair.

I think they were on about POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

I think they were on about POE.

maybe maybe not.. who knows.

maybe maybe not.. who knows.

Also Thorn still kicks ass in regular PvP :D

Blink is **** though. I used it yesterday for the first time and I felt dirty :( don't hate me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Also Thorn still kicks ass in regular PvP :D

Blink is **** though. I used it yesterday for the first time and I felt dirty :( don't hate me :(
    Cyrus doesn't approve of blink shotgunning http://imgur.com/dTGGePT

• Advertisement

dTGGePT

What is it? the image didn't load :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement