Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

using year one gear... your one of them......

u should really go play the classic playlists. this bull about year one guns still viable in the pvp aspect is a load of balls to be fair.

Hardly bull, in regular Crucible they are perfectly capable of competing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What is it? the image didn't load :(

Should be working now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Cyrus doesn't approve of blink shotgunning http://imgur.com/dTGGePT

I see what you did there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Should be working now.

If I could thank it twice I would :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,232 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

was having a bit of fun in crucible today - getting some decent K/Ds (after STANKING. IT. UP. in a couple of games with cormac the other night). A few very good games stat wise for me - and then destiny goes and ruins it all by putting me in skyshock of skyhook or whatever that map is called, twice in a row. BLEH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

was having a bit of fun in crucible today - getting some decent K/Ds (after STANKING. IT. UP. in a couple of games with cormac the other night). A few very good games stat wise for me - and then destiny goes and ruins it all by putting me in skyshock of skyhook or whatever that map is called, twice in a row. BLEH!

I only just played that map for the first time last week, joined in the middle of a game, losing obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyone else need to do the Chaperone - Kill Shield Brothers Quest?

I have a few exotic questlines I'd like to finish out.
    I got the Boolean Gemini yesterday.
    Waiting for Armsday for my exotic Sword.
    Going to go for the Sleeper Stimulant tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have a few exotic questlines I'd like to finish out.
    I got the Boolean Gemini yesterday.
    Waiting for Armsday for my exotic Sword.
    Going to go for the Sleeper Stimulant tonight.

The sheild bros is a good quest to do either way for exotic farming so you should get a good few to do it later :)

Ill give you a hand tonight if you give me a hand getting my Touch of Malice :P

Fears Embrace? I've run it a few times it's not too bad if you have help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fears Embrace? I've run it a few times it's not too bad if you have help.

Yeah thats the one, its the only dam exotic quest I have left open and a ToM would be nice to have :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Spent the weekend playing Fallout 4, but am back to me bread 'n' butter now...at least for the next few days.

I need this one as well, so I'd be up for that.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah thats the one, its the only dam exotic quest I have left open and a ToM would be nice to have :D

Stick back in the doorway you entered. Black spindle/1k stare for the echo, void heavy machine gun for the wizard. I think the other mobs have arc shields - so the Zhalo would be fairly handy for them. If you need a hand drop a message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

In one of the IGN fireteam chats they spoke about 3 bubble titans camping and once they got supers just kept popping bubbles. Played a few games of mayhem clash this morning and came accross a team doing this, just bubble after bubble, hunters would pop out with tethers and warlocks with stormtrance. Pretty hard to combat with a team of randoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

syboit wrote: »
    In one of the IGN fireteam chats they spoke about 3 bubble titans camping and once they got supers just kept popping bubbles. Played a few games of mayhem clash this morning and came accross a team doing this, just bubble after bubble, hunters would pop out with tethers and warlocks with stormtrance. Pretty hard to combat with a team of randoms.

We did this before on regular crucible but were either too drunk or too uncordinated to get it to work properly. Was real funny though. Be difficult to play against on Mayhem I imagine.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We did this before on regular crucible but were either too drunk or too uncordinated to get it to work properly. Was real funny though. Be difficult to play against on Mayhem I imagine.

We were getting the hang of it towards the end... But the first few matches didn't go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    I need this one as well, so I'd be up for that.

I need to shotty shield brothers too, so I'm up for that if there's space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »

Oh the good old days when we used to have five bubbles going and a golden gun.

I think Ger and Steve got 30+ kills in one game and only two were from a normal weapon kills, everything else was super after super.

Completed my first NF in a long time, got 290 something ghost, done with that.

dudeeile wrote:
    Completed my first NF in a long time, got 290 something ghost, done with that.

And apparently they had reduced the drop rate of ghosts from nf

PetKing wrote: »
    And apparently they had reduced the drop rate of ghosts from nf

We had 2 ghosts drop, the other was 300 I think. SirConar got 20 strange coins. I'd appreciate the coins but is that really good enough of a reward. I won't be rushing to do a NF again but if someones stuck then I may jump in.

dudeeile wrote:
    We had 2 ghosts drop, the other was 300 I think. SirConar got 20 strange coins. I'd appreciate the coins but is that really good enough of a reward. I won't be rushing to do a NF again but if someones stuck then I may jump in.

3ofC's is probably the best drop out it it now. I'd run it out of boredom provided the modifiers don't crucify you.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    3ofC's is probably the best drop out it it now. I'd run it out of boredom provided the modifiers don't crucify you.

These ****ty drops are really pissing me off.

I really enjoyed logging on to Destiny on a Tuesday and running the Nighfall for the chance of an exotic, now it seems the best you can do is get enough Strange Coins to buy an exotic from Xur or 3oC.

The whole point of a 3oC is to keep grinding somewhat relevant. They completly remove the fun from the game.

But every week, Xur is selling 280 exotics and I don't have enough infusion material to bring them up to a usable level.

The whole NF grind is now pointless. I was awarded an exotic helmet last week that was 290 light! Now where in the fúck am I going to get a helmet higher than 300 light that I can use to infuse it?
    Not to mention infusing an exotic only really added about 6 light levels to it. So you'll need a steady supply of 310+ light helmets in order to get any exotics to a usable level.

:mad:

In summary: Less guaranteed drops, lower light drops. More grinding with the 3oC for the chance of a decent drop because the Nightfall drops are deliberately being held back.

[/rant ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

These ****ty drops are really pissing me off.

I really enjoyed logging on to Destiny on a Tuesday and running the Nighfall for the chance of an exotic, now it seems the best you can do is get enough Strange Coins to buy an exotic from Xur or 3oC.

The whole point of a 3oC is to keep grinding somewhat relevant. They completly remove the fun from the game.

But every week, Xur is selling 280 exotics and I don't have enough infusion material to bring them up to a usable level.

The whole NF grind is now pointless. I was awarded an exotic helmet last week that was 290 light! Now where in the fúck am I going to get a helmet higher than 300 light that I can use to infuse it?
    Not to mention infusing an exotic only really added about 6 light levels to it. So you'll need a steady supply of 310+ light helmets in order to get any exotics to a usable level.

:mad:

In summary: Less guaranteed drops, lower light drops. More grinding with the 3oC for the chance of a decent drop because the Nightfall drops are deliberately being held back.

[/rant ]

I've done one NF since TTK dropped. Can't even remember what I got, but obviously worthless as I haven't gone back to the NF since.

Ah the 3oC. In my experience, another worthless endeavour and waste of SC's. I think at this stage, from the farming method when they first arrived to the economy, to SRL to Crucible to IB and the Raid, I'm probably close to about 80 or 90 3oC's used, and all in, I've had a fantastic return of 5. Not expecting to be seeing Gold Engrams after every use, but would like a slightly better return than 1in17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

On another note, my Kontroller looks like this now.

Getting used to them, still need to find optimum sensitivity with them. Had 3 matches with them other night. K/D went 0.67 - 1.58 - 2.50. I normally hover around the 1.5 mark there abouts. A few more games, proper settings and should be well used to them. I did snipe a Triple Down (which I was very impressed with).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfalls have been irrelevant for 4 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

still need to find optimum sensitivity with them

Good stuff. I actually thought I'd raise my sensitivity when I got mine since.... maths + science = kills

But I found I lowered it and was more accurate within that lower sensitivity (which I think is 5 or 6 now)

Now you just need to get used to Puppateer control scheme and you're sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good stuff. I actually thought I'd raise my sensitivity when I got mine since.... maths + science = kills

But I found I lowered it and was more accurate within that lower sensitivity (which I think is 5 or 6 now)

Now you just need to get used to Puppateer control scheme and you're sorted

And maybe switch the triggers to maximise the fire rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

totems seems odd last night, timing seems off since they fixed that glitch. Boomers coming out late, more issues of brand not transferring. With so many other things in the game, they fix this this glitch!!

Ah the 3oC. In my experience, another worthless endeavour and waste of SC's.

I thought the whole point of 3oC was to remove the grinding / farming.

What Bungie have actually done is; they've decreased the odds of a decent drop from one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game (rushing home on a Tuesday, to run NF while I still had the TV to myself :) ) making it now one of the least rewarding aspect, in terms of actual rewards and enjoyment levels.

syboit wrote:
    totems seems odd last night, timing seems off since they fixed that glitch. Boomers coming out late, more issues of brand not transferring. With so many other things in the game, they fix this this glitch!!

Brand transfer became an issue for us last night. On subsequent attempts, I was keeping an eye on our footing on the totem, and aura of weaver/unraveller as I headed for centre. I couldn't work out what was going wrong. It always seemed to be when the person was leaving the totem for centre with deathsinger's power. The weaver left behind had no brand and was screwed. All of that said, we ran the rest of it to the end on first run. No report of any marked improvement in slamming the brand on the daughters or the vessel though.

• Advertisement

Theres a knack to slamming the brand at the daughters: Let go of the movement sticks while the animation is happening, that prevents you getting turned 360.

Most people do this by default now - so probably wouldn't really notice any improvement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement