Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good stuff. I actually thought I'd raise my sensitivity when I got mine since.... maths + science = kills

But I found I lowered it and was more accurate within that lower sensitivity (which I think is 5 or 6 now)

Now you just need to get used to Puppateer control scheme and you're sorted

So basically it just switches out Circle and R3? Might give that a go.

syboit wrote: »
    totems seems odd last night, timing seems off since they fixed that glitch. Boomers coming out late, more issues of brand not transferring. With so many other things in the game, they fix this this glitch!!
    PetKing wrote: »
    Brand transfer became an issue for us last night. On subsequent attempts, I was keeping an eye on our footing on the totem, and aura of weaver/unraveller as I headed for centre. I couldn't work out what was going wrong. It always seemed to be when the person was leaving the totem for centre with deathsinger's power. The weaver left behind had no brand and was screwed. All of that said, we ran the rest of it to the end on first run. No report of any marked improvement in slamming the brand on the daughters or the vessel though.

I still find the best thing to do at Totems, is for the person who SHOULD be receiving the brand, to actually call out when they have it, and for the other person to wait until they hear the call. Yes, the transfer can still bork out, but calling the transfer can remove the issue of someone running a fraction too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah puppateer ftw. Been using it in FPS games since around 2009. When a game comes where it's not an option I'm totally lost (aye Borderlands). S'all about having more control of the character with the sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,232 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonder if we will get some form of clarity on the state of Destiny today with the Activision finance call - I would imagine they will be laying out windows for up coming games - so we could find out if Destiny 2 is slated for Q3 2016 or some point in 2017.

Some clarity regarding the future of Destiny would be nice...

Wonder if we will get some form of clarity on the state of Destiny today with the Activision finance call - I would imagine they will be laying out windows for up coming games - so we could find out if Destiny 2 is slated for Q3 2016 or some point in 2017.

Some clarity regarding the future of Destiny would be nice...

It would be nice alright. Really need some substantial info on either new DLC end game content or D2.

No game in recent memory has grabbed me (and a lot of us) the way Destiny has (and I wasn't a fan of it during beta). Despite all the teething issues in Year 1, adjustments to economy, even MT's which, so far, have no material impact on the game, I want Bungie to realise their "10 Year plan". IF they get it right, Destiny could become (and I hate the comparison) the WoW, as it where, of this new FPSMMORPG genre.

• Advertisement

It would be nice alright. Really need some substantial info on either new DLC end game content or D2.

No game in recent memory has grabbed me (and a lot of us) the way Destiny has (and I wasn't a fan of it during beta). Despite all the teething issues in Year 1, adjustments to economy, even MT's which, so far, have no material impact on the game, I want Bungie to realise their "10 Year plan". IF they get it right, Destiny could become (and I hate the comparison) the WoW, as it where, of this new FPSMMORPG genre.

Best we can hope for from the call, imo, is a statement that Destiny 2 is due to be released in Quarter X - we'll get no info on the game itself. However, if Activision confirm some sort of release window, it may mean Bungie get some leeway to talk about the plans more openly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Was a bit bored last night following exotic sword quest and decided to try out Grasp Of Malok farming for the laugh. I spent almost an hour running it with two English lads. We all launched in solo and one guy messaged the two of us to enter fireteam chat. Had a solid strategy for killing Omnigul outside the final room, then replenishing orbs before wiping. After 10/15 mins we were running it and just chatting randomly about other stuff. Passed the time and was surprisingly entertaining. One guy got it about a half hour into the run, and stayed with us for another 15 mins seeing could he get a better roll. No joy myself, but it wasn't grindy and was good to chat to randoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Was a bit bored last night following exotic sword quest and decided to try out Grasp Of Malok farming for the laugh. I spent almost an hour running it with two English lads. We all launched in solo and one guy messaged the two of us to enter fireteam chat. Had a solid strategy for killing Omnigul outside the final room, then replenishing orbs before wiping. After 10/15 mins we were running it and just chatting randomly about other stuff. Passed the time and was surprisingly entertaining. One guy got it about a half hour into the run, and stayed with us for another 15 mins seeing could he get a better roll. No joy myself, but it wasn't grindy and was good to chat to randoms.

I was doing something similar myself doing the "shadow thief" looking for the "does not bow" auto-rifle. Its amazing how many times you end up with the same players farming.

Best we can hope for from the call, imo, is a statement that Destiny 2 is due to be released in Quarter X - we'll get no info on the game itself. However, if Activision confirm some sort of release window, it may mean Bungie get some leeway to talk about the plans more openly.

Is probably the most likely thing to come from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Some Destiny player levelled up from 1-40 just by doing the first mission, some people have too much time on their hands :pac:

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-level-1-40-without-leaving-tutorial/?utm_content=buffer6f889&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Some Destiny player levelled up from 1-40 just by doing the first mission, some people have too much time on their hands :pac:

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-level-1-40-without-leaving-tutorial/?utm_content=buffer6f889&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

No, just..... No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like there will be some Destiny off brand Lego kits out later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Lads whats the deal with joining the clan on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

heffo9 wrote: »
    Lads whats the deal with joining the clan on PS4?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1405355

Just go to the interact button on left.

From reddit, someone made a calender heat map for Destiny.

Get yourself a little something like this:
    0Oumggp.png

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have very few white tiles in mine..... like VERY few :o

377910.PNG
    so..... yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...

The circled bit is Cormac playing on my account - cause he just can't get enough!

Well at least you have a Hereafter now... I mean that's like definitely something.... maybe a not a gun.... but like a nice hat rack or you could use it to steady a growing tree

Have a look at this lag - its unreal. I died due to it once, survived and killed him with it on the other.... the shadow shot death is SO LATE.

Have a look at this lag - its unreal. I died due to it once, survived and killed him with it on the other.... the shadow shot death is SO LATE.

One I had from the Clash IB. Parachuted in at the start, and was lost by the way :o

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

More than likely for the Crimson Shells. Noice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

That or the one about ice breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wasn't aware of an Icebreaker update... What are the "fixing" now?

There's an update to fix the Crimson Shells not displaying in the menu. You also can't preview the new shells.

Wasn't aware of an Icebreaker update... What are the "fixing" now?

They're "fixing" the Ice Breaker exploit in crucible to stop people getting special ammo on snipers so fast, I would guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

One I had from the Clash IB. Parachuted in at the start, and was lost by the way :o

Controllers would of been smashed! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Totally outplayed there. Git Gud Scrubz :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Had the young lad stay with me for a few days of his mid-term, he got me my ToM and all, I'm gonna feel kinda dirty when I use it cos I didnt get it myself haha

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Had the young lad stay with me for a few days of his mid-term, he got me my ToM and all, I'm gonna feel kinda dirty when I use it cos I didnt get it myself haha

I wouldn't feel bad, it's really just a boring ole farm (like the exotic swords and the gunsmith exotics).... those 45 fragments and quest steps are just a bit long winded (in fact that's what I'm going to be doing w a bit of with my mate later too)

Now if he got you the Black Spindle it would have been a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    I wouldn't feel bad, it's really just a boring ole farm (like the exotic swords and the gunsmith exotics).... those 45 fragments and quest steps are just a bit long winded (in fact that's what I'm going to be doing w a bit of with my mate later too)

Now if he got you the Black Spindle it would have been a different story.

Well he only had to do the last mission in fairness as I had all the farming and all done.

Oh I made sure my blood, sweat and plenty of gimlis tears went into getting my black spindle so its a pleasure to use that now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement