Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm so proud of this I may never even again

NL Shadow is OP

ezRFcNR.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Congrats, still have to get that myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Used 15 rolls with Glass Needles trying to get a Dis/Str split on Alpha Lupi chest and failed. How is that even possible. ****ing pisstake.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally got around to doing hm oryx and I also did the challenge mode, got a 320 pulse rifle, 320 artifact and 3 autorifles(2x310 1x313)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wexdevil wrote: »
    Finally got around to doing hm oryx and I also did the challenge mode, got a 320 pulse rifle, 320 artifact and 3 autorifles(2x310 1x313)

always nice getting those 320 primaries, only problem is what your going to infuse first :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My sniping skills are slowly improving. Was happy with these few shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

3 Full HARD Taken King Raids (Challenge Included)
    $250.00

http://www.gunsofdestiny.com

Cormac... wrote:
    3 Full HARD Taken King Raids (Challenge Included) $250.00

I'm a bit slow, what is this??

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm a bit slow, what is this??

Did you click the link?
    You can pay for people to help you with X, Y and Z activities in Destiny

Cormac... wrote:
    Did you click the link? You can pay for people to help you with X, Y and Z activities in Destiny

Yes I clicked, I just wanted to be sure. Some of those prices seem shockingly unreasonable. Do people really pay that much???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

3 Full HARD Taken King Raids (Challenge Included)
    $250.00

http://www.gunsofdestiny.com

$85 for a flawless Trials run.

Jesus you got away lightly when the YouTubers ran you through for free :D

emmetkenny wrote:
    Jesus you got away lightly when the YouTubers ran you through for free

I was about to ask, has anyone here used a service of this kind paid or otherwise to reach the lighthouse? How did you find the experience? Did you play a legitimate part, or were you told to effectively stay out of the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was about to ask, has anyone here used a service of this kind paid or otherwise to reach the lighthouse? How did you find the experience? Did you play a legitimate part, or were you told to effectively stay out of the way?

Bar Cormac I think there has been a few who had a TOO run with YouTubers but not 100% on that.

I highly doubt anyone here has actually paid to to be brought to the Lighthouse though, but you will always get some who just want to get there and have the cash to pay it.

I read on Reddit last night that two guys brought a 5 year old the whole way but the kid still managed 12 kills and a few revives to help out the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

85 for a flawless run?! May have to quit my job and take this up

Went with 2 Aussie lads on Twitch back in Year 1 as I wanted the grimore.
    They were great to play with, used to watch their stream a decent bit (N0Cal put me onto them) and I think I was like 0.7KDR or something like that (in the 7 or so games we played).

They did it for free, it was based off a kind of "Lucky Dip" thing where you had more chances to get chosen based on how long you've watched the channel etc.
    N0Cal won the lucky dip and basically gave me his slot instead cause he's sound.

Was delighted with the result (A Void Messenger in Year 1 was awesome) so I opted to donate them like $10 Aussie Dollars (about €6) - They didn't ask for any money before or after the run
    Their channel fell apart shortly afterwards though so they don't do it anymore.

On the same channel I won about $20 Aussie Dollars towards those Kontrol Freeks I use, so I came out with a net gain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

As far as I know - charging for Trials carries and the like is against Bungies terms and conditions, so these players may be banned.

There's supposedly loads of Twitch players - not so much charging for carries, but they'll carry you if you donate enough to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ so you're a professional gamer then! I'm, just in it for the ships n giggles.

Some channels do it better than others.
    I think the best ones are ones you can get in for Free if you're a loyal viewer.
    N0Cal has a better Idea about the good and bad ones than me, but at time Lucky and Buttwipe were touted as fair guys to get carried by.
    You accumulate currency as you watch the channel, and you use that to gamble on getting a spot or whatever.
    Same premise as the channel I used to watch.
    I would probably steer clear of people looking for donations up front.
    Sure at that rate you'd be as well off asking some combination of Salty/Dudeeile/ChunkyDave or whatever to help you instead

Played with ChunkyDave twice and went 9-1.

I had started off the card with a loss :(

Chunky went to the lighthouse and all I could do is sit there and try to pretend I was happy and not holding a lifelong grudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Played with ChunkyDave twice and went 9-1.

I had started off the card with a loss :(

Chunky went to the lighthouse and all I could do is sit there and try to pretend I was happy and not holding a lifelong grudge.

Did you not get to the lighthouse aswell though ?

Unless there is a trials mode without snipers, I' m happy getting the 5 wins just for that bit of extra loot, my poor head is a like a magnet for snipers.

After this weekend of trials though have to say, "icebreaker" nerf that sh*t. I don't mind getting one shotted/res sniped, but when yer man is using an icebreaker, light level of 170 and I'm supposed to be a 315+ character. If light levels are supposed to matter then icebreaker shouldn't be one shot one kill.

• Advertisement

Your best bet for Flawless, is logging on early on a Sat morning and making a go at it.
    Logging on Friday / Saturday night with competing with all the MLG try hards, and the American teams, makes it way tougher.

Your best bet for Flawless, is logging on early on a Sat morning and making a go at it.

True, sure even me and Gimli did well one Saturday afternoon, both of us hungover.

syboit wrote: »
    Did you not get to the lighthouse aswell though ?

Nope :(

Not yet, but I might try making a go at again it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

True, sure even me and Gimli did well one Saturday afternoon, both of us hungover.

I don't get any better when sober just less worse. You're pretty handy in comparison.
    If it was the afternoon I was probably drunk not hungover.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I don't get any better when sober just less worse

I genuinely laughed aloud in work at this poignant way of putting it. :pac:
    I feel your pain man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Bar Cormac I think there has been a few who had a TOO run with YouTubers but not 100% on that.

I've done it with a Twitch streamer, Ramblinnn. Got wrecked for most of it, think I managed a 1.0 k/d overall though, but was getting matched with 1,500+ elo players, whereas I was at 1,100 at the beginning of that run, so I was way out of my depth for the most part.

If you hop on over the weekend, there are vast amounts of streamers who are carrying viewers to the Lighthouse. Some have only 10 or 15 viewers, so you have a great chance of getting selected if you stay in the channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Totally intentional like :D

Mad skillz

Do you know those Calcified Fragments you get for the Tier 2 CoO Combos? Do you need to put the rune down or just partake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Do you know those Calcified Fragments you get for the Tier 2 CoO Combos? Do you need to put the rune down or just partake?

Has to be your rune.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement