Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do you know those Calcified Fragments you get for the Tier 2 CoO Combos? Do you need to put the rune down or just partake?

Has to be yours. Got caught with a few tier 3 that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If any of the "Old Guard" wants me to add them to the "Newbie Chat" on PS4 let me know.

The newbie chat has about 37 players, of which about 12 of us are Admins etc.

So there's no point pretending I can make this go back to a "1-Chat scenario", if nothing else, it'll let you add a further 25 clan players to your list

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hey guys,

sorry to bug ye with this.

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/sale-or-swap/9866992

Do you have to redeem the take king dlc? would this game be ok to buy as it includes all the old dlc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Do you have to redeem the take king dlc? would this game be ok to buy as it includes all the old dlc.

Says in the comments he's already used it so it's just the base game which I wouldnt even pay a tenner for much less what they're asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hey guys,

He says in the comment's TTK code has been used so you'll just be buying the base game there.

£27 on base.com

http://www.base.com/buy/product/destiny-the-taken-king-xbox-one/dgc-dstytkx1.htm

The lads might know where to get it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Its the taken king version in the pic, didnt know it was a dlc code, thought TTK was a game, thanks for your help guys have the base game been looking for it cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Cormac... wrote: »
    If any of the "Old Guard" wants me to add them to the "Newbie Chat" on PS4 let me know.

The newbie chat has about 37 players, of which about 12 of us are Admins etc.

So there's no point pretending I can make this go back to a "1-Chat scenario", if nothing else, it'll let you add a further 25 clan players to your list
    If you wouldn't mind I'd like to be added to the chat.
    Just getting back into destiny after a long time away. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I left the n00bie chat like a n00b, any chance of re-adding me Cormac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just a thought - a few guys were asking about normal mode raids, to bring up their alt characters.
    Might be a good idea to add them to the noob chat and get a bit more action going.

Just a thought - a few guys were asking about normal mode raids, to bring up their alt characters.
    Might be a good idea to add them to the noob chat and get a bit more action going.

Well they know where to find me :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac, add me in so I can give a hand when the lads are looking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'll be looking to (finish) a raid so you may as well add me in too....

It's quite nice here on the aul bandwagon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PlainP wrote: »
    I'll be looking to (finish) a raid so you may as well add me in too....

It's quite nice here on the aul bandwagon.

Plain, have you only part done a normal raid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Plain, have you only part done a normal raid?

Yep, normal all the way up to the Oryx just have to beat him.

PlainP wrote: »
    Yep, normal all the way up to the Oryx just have to beat him.

Ah grand job, theres nothing as good as that feeling of first beating him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm so proud of this I may never even again

NL Shadow is OP

http://i.imgur.com/ezRFcNR.png

Went into Rift yesterday to practice sniping. Ended up with a pretty similar result.

mWx0xpd.png

Got bored and farmed those last 40 Hydra kills for Grimore while waiting to Raid last night.

The Black Garden seems a decent way of doing it imho, especially since you can hold the check point as the ones on Patrol in Mars often disappear due to "Taken in the area".

Just get to the "Scan the clusters" part and kill the Hydra and suicide in it's death blast

I have another 85 to do, they shall surely be done in boredom some day.

I have another 85 to do, they shall surely be done in boredom some day.

If you did it in groups of like 25 or so, it's not so bad. Takes about 40 seconds a run. Just go Low Armour, High Agility and have a grenade that damages you and ensure you're at 60% or less health and the death blast will kill you

Not too bad so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bought a hung jury SR4 at 280 last night... trying to upgrade but it won't let me disassemble anything except my Suros Regime (293) (even though I have an Apple Of Dischord at 290)...

Is there any reason for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Bought a hung jury SR4 at 280 last night... trying to upgrade but it won't let me disassemble anything except my Suros Regime (293) (even though I have an Apple Of Dischord at 290)...

Is there any reason for this?

Are the other infusable weapons locked? You can only use unlocked weapons and armour for infusing

It won't let you use the Apple of Discord for infusion if its currently equipped, or locked, as SolvableKnave said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Havent got anything locked that Im aware of, but I'll check it later once im home... Whats the general opinion on the SR4? I like it so far, but the regime is my go to if im stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hugely depends on the map, I'm a sucker for Hard Lighy but I'll go NL Shadow and anything with long open spaces.

The Hung Jury is a grey gun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Solid Destiny day - found sherpas + a group on reddit to take me through VoG and CE, and then one of them had a checkpoint on Oryx so I joined them for that too. Got 2 300+ scout rifles from Oryx. Solid day considering I'd never done a raid before. I should take annual leave more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Doing PvP to get the last exotic tea towel for the titan. The Thorn my god the Thorn. Loved that gun so much I had four of them at one point in case we got a new character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A Neurotic wrote:
    Solid Destiny day - found sherpas + a group on reddit to take me through VoG and CE, and then one of them had a checkpoint on Oryx so I joined them for that too. Got 2 300+ scout rifles from Oryx. Solid day considering I'd never done a raid before. I should take annual leave more often.

Are you Liamur? I spotted your thread there. If I'm around at the weekends, I'm always up for running VoG or CE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

PetKing wrote: »
    Are you Liamur? I spotted your thread there. If I'm around at the weekends, I'm always up for running VoG or CE.

Yeah, saw your reply, thanks! I'd definitely like to run them again, especially VoG. The group I was with was so pro it felt more like a guided tour than raiding, but I suppose that's just how it is with old content.

• Advertisement

With TTK increasing your light level, most of the Crotas End stuff feels like an easy strike now. To be fair, you could (and most of us did) solo most of CE anyway.

As PetKing said, stick up a message - theres usually a few of us around on any given night, espically weekend night - there's usually a drunken raid going on :)

You haven't experienced a raid, until you experience it steam boats!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement