Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You haven't experienced a raid, until you experience it steam boats!

Well I havent drank while raiding cos im off it until at least may/june now but playing with all you mofo's when your steamed is brilliant :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Doing PvP to get the last exotic tea towel for the titan. The Thorn my god the Thorn. Loved that gun so much I had four of them at one point in case we got a new character.

I never used it before it was nerfed, infact it unlocked automatically for me with TTK as I had the bountie on the go, but I swore I would never use it after getting killed so much by it....

Flash forward a few months and I'm raping people with it last few games and denying it to myself.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fieldog wrote: »
    I never used it before it was nerfed, infact it unlocked automatically for me with TTK as I had the bountie on the go, but I swore I would never use it after getting killed so much by it....

Flash forward a few months and I'm raping people with it last few games and denying it to myself.... :P

I hadn't played regular crucible for a good while so when I was hit by it my initial reaction was "What the f**k is that?" Then the penny dropped. I was still carrying it around on my Titan so just equipped it & off I went on my merry way. :)

Was having some fun in Skirmish last night, was on the receiving end of some unwarranted tbagging. Thankfully I had a run of 3 or 4 games with one of these tbaggers, and I was lucky enough to destroy, and tbag viciously, in each of those matches.

Oh, and move over res snipes, I managed a glorious res sticky, but didn't think to save the video of it.

Up to 40/100 skirmish match wins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Has Thorn only now become a possible drop from primary legacy engrams? It seems lots of people are talking about it all of a sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Has Thorn only now become a possible drop from primary legacy engrams? It seems lots of people are talking about it all of a sudden.

Didn't Bungie say if you were missing any yr1 weapons/gear the legacy engrams were weighed heavily towards decrypting to those. A lot of new players won't have Thorn as the bounty was got rid of, (wasn't it)

I miss those early days of TTK with people losing the rag over getting a 160 Gjallarhorn.

Conspiracy Theory: Bungie is making sure everyone's inventory is up to date before spring updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Decrypted 8 exotic armor engrams on my warlock, only got one warlock piece. Jokeshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Didn't Bungie say if you were missing any yr1 weapons/gear the legacy engrams were weighed heavily towards decrypting to those. A lot of new players won't have Thorn as the bounty was got rid of, (wasn't it)

I miss those early days of TTK with people losing the rag over getting a 160 Gjallarhorn.

Conspiracy Theory: Bungie is making sure everyone's inventory is up to date before spring updates.

So does that mean if you got the bounty and didn't pick Thorn you won't get it dropped as a legacy?

Have I the same chance as everyone else or because I had the bounty it won't drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I never had the bounty and got a thorn from a legacy engram yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PlainP wrote: »
    So does that mean if you got the bounty and didn't pick Thorn you won't get it dropped as a legacy?

Have I the same chance as everyone else or because I had the bounty it won't drop.

Bounty auto-completed as soon as TTK dropped. You still have a chance.

I got Dregs Promise from a secondary legacy. That used to be a Prison of Elders exclusive.

• Advertisement

I got Dregs Promise from a secondary legacy. That used to be a Prison of Elders exclusive.

Ooh, I didn't know the Prison Of Elders exotics were dropping. I need Dregs Promise and the shotty

Yea, it noticed a few weeks ago. Think I blew the majority of my strange coins in the search for Dregs Promise and Queenbreakers Bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

PetKing wrote: »
    Ooh, I didn't know the Prison Of Elders exotics were dropping. I need Dregs Promise and the shotty

Is the shotgun the "lord of wolves" one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »
    Is the shotgun the "lord of wolves" one ?

Yup that's it.

productive weekend
    got last exotic mark, 320 class item, 318 raid MG (thanks lads) and last exotic sword (thanks johny) but best of all discovered how good the havoc pigeon is. Been using the ironwreath as it had a higher ll but the range on the HP makes it so much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

productive weekend
    got last exotic mark, 320 class item, 318 raid MG (thanks lads) and last exotic sword (thanks johny) but best of all discovered how good the havoc pigeon is. Been using the ironwreath as it had a higher ll but the range on the HP makes it so much better.

No probs dude, 3 Exotic swords now to mess about with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,231 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Haven't even got one exotic sword myself - getting 25 kills in crucible with it is just a really unappealing task for me!

Haven't even got one exotic sword myself - getting 25 kills in crucible with it is just a really unappealing task for me!

I found that the funniest part of it tho.... legging it around with no ammo hitting them twice to kill them haha

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Farming mats on patrol was by far the worst bit. Was happy enough getting one sword and leaving it at that.

I tended to use Mayhem. Lots of heavy ammo. The farming of materials was the most diabolical part for sure.

• Advertisement

Chance the mayhem playlists when they crop up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's actually not so bad if you play something like Control or Clash solo.
    Camp the Heavy (with your super charged) all 3 times.
    Then basically just sit around and watch the kill feed till you know the enemy does not have heavy left.
    Then just sneakily sit around corners and hit guys as they come through.
    The hardest part is trying to ensure you're alive when the heavy spawns in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Then basically just sit around and watch the kill feed till you know the enemy does not have heavy left.

This is what I did, and really enjoyed this part of the quest. I think I actually did it during one of the Iron Banners.
    Did wonders for my K/D ratio too.

Anything that involves me killing anyone in a specific way in Crucible is just off-putting. You have SEEN me play Control Cormac. You know the level of play I am dealing with here!

I put on the Armatarium the other day and ran around the Crucible sticking grenades to victims. Lots of fun. Had loads of post mortem badges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anything that involves me killing anyone in a specific way in Crucible is just off-putting. You have SEEN me play Control Cormac. You know the level of play I am dealing with here!

He's Tilting!!!!!

He's Tilting!!!!!

ugh..............................................sigh.

I put on the Armatarium the other day and ran around the Crucible sticking grenades to victims. Lots of fun. Had loads of post mortem badges.

I use that exclusively on my titan - all the time. Teir 5 Disc - lightning grenades for days!

Had great fun on banner fall - they kept trying to capture A - so I'd come from the outside of the map (So I can't see the capture point) and chuck a grenade against the wall opposite, the distance was close enough to pin them in and kill them - got about 6 kills off doing that. the 4th time I attempted it they were wise to me and came running round the corner as I approached... and ate my fist of havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I use that exclusively on my titan - all the time. Teir 5 Disc - lightning grenades for days!

Had great fun on banner fall - they kept trying to capture A - so I'd come from the outside of the map (So I can't see the capture point) and chuck a grenade against the wall opposite, the distance was close enough to pin them in and kill them - got about 6 kills off doing that. the 4th time I attempted it they were wise to me and came running round the corner as I approached... and ate my fist of havoc.

I love rushing C flag on Rusted lands and pegging grenades on the point. You can usually get 3/4 kills with a well placed grenade.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I love rushing C flag on Rusted lands and pegging grenades on the point. You can usually get 3/4 kills with a well placed grenade.

When you get B there, it is great to ping a lightening grenade onto the opposite wall (from either side) to stop the oppo in their tracks as they come in.

I also love waiting for the other team to try cap B on Twighlight Gap - and chuck a grenade onto the back wall. Tick Tick BOOM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement