Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I love rushing C flag on Rusted lands and pegging grenades on the point. You can usually get 3/4 kills with a well placed grenade.

My Spot is pantheon at the outside sniper lane. As you head towards B throw 2 grenades either side of the pillar where the special spawns and wait for the kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've started playing Rumble for grimore (while watching TV etc) since tbh 3v3 with SBMM is the anti-craic (too many sweaty games).

I'm actually not doing too bad. 5 wins in 12 games and going 1.2 on average is good for me.
    http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadHead?mode=13&startDate=2016-02-28&endDate=2016-03-07&characterId=0

Might have been a good thing I avoided it for so long so I got a bit better.

That being said, getting Heavy is game changing, I had many kill streaks and even a game where I came from 2,000 down to 2,350 to win by a handful of points at the last minute
    http://destinytracker.com/dg/4739691612

The whole "not feeding Kills" and "Fight or Flight" stuff is actually making this playable, I was playing far too fast and loose with my own lifee in the past I think

All in all, I basically decided if I was doing well, I'd keep playing, if I lost a few games or started getting angry I'd stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nice abuse of the Havoc Pigeon Cormac. Was actually my second most used gun this weekend after the IB pulse rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When you get B there, it is great to ping a lightening grenade onto the opposite wall (from either side) to stop the oppo in their tracks as they come in.

I also love waiting for the other team to try cap B on Twighlight Gap - and chuck a grenade onto the back wall. Tick Tick BOOM.

I got Nothing Manacles for the first time the other day and used them. If you land the scatter grenade anywhere near the enemies feet your guaranteed a kill either with the grenade or a quick shot/melee. It's really strong.

Myself, Manad and Aces came up against a level 28 using a Thorn yesterday and we were all getting what seemed like two shotted but I think he was using a modded controller and just firing extremely fast, I might have a clip of it.

I tried using a Sidearm without rangefinder (the Ironwreath roll I have) it's not as good. Not as good at all... get those range perks people!

• Advertisement

Yeah think you're right. I'm probably going to infuse my 319 Ironwreath into the 310 Pigeon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    I tried using a Sidearm without rangefinder (the Ironwreath roll I have) it's not as good. Not as good at all... get those range perks people!

Sure, I'll just have a word with the Cryptarch tonight and get myself a Havoc Pigeon with range finder...

Wish I'd thought of that before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was saying it to the lads last night, I've decided to give up the ghost with my Havoc Pigeon, I'm just not enjoying it. My Jabberhakke is faster, smoother, and packs more of a punch, and saw me through Trials this weekend. Neither have a rangefinder perc but I prefer getting stuck in for CQC with it.

Sure, I'll just have a word with the Cryptarch tonight and get myself a Havoc Pigeon with range finder...

The one Arcite is selling has Hand Loaded (granted it's not quite Rangefinder) but......

latest?cb=20130221021013

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    I was saying it to the lads last night, I've decided to give up the ghost with my Havoc Pigeon, I'm just not enjoying it. My Jabberhakke is faster, smoother, and packs more of a punch, and saw me through Trials this weekend. Neither have a rangefinder perc but I prefer getting stuck in for CQC with it.

Tbh, they are the exact same gun, all sidearms pretty much are, the only thing that makes them stand out is the 3 perks and the sights (go for Suresight).

It's not like comparing a Suros Regime vs Monte Carol type thing.

If your Jabberhakke is better, use that, I only use the HP as I have a great roll on mine, I'd have no problem moving to the Jabberhakke if I got a god roll on one.

Just realised - I've reinforced barrel on mine and I don't have it selected... D'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,231 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The one Arcite is selling has Hand Loaded (granted it's not quite Rangefinder) but......

latest?cb=20130221021013

Still think the base Conviction II sold by NM is a better role than the base Havoc Pigeon (and I LOVE my Havoc Pigeon).

Reactive Reload (bonus damage after reload after a kill).
    Battle Runner (sprint speed after kill)

Then a choice between:

Speed Reload
    Higher Caliber Rounds
    Larger Mag size.

If you don't have a sidearm, the standard conviction II is the best one to buy.

Wish I had kept my vestian dynasty. damn it.

Still think the base Conviction II sold by NM is a better role than the base Havoc Pigeon (and I LOVE my Havoc Pigeon).

Reactive Reload (bonus damage after reload after a kill).
    Battle Runner (sprint speed after kill)

Then a choice between:

Speed Reload
    Higher Caliber Rounds
    Larger Mag size.

If you don't have a sidearm, the standard conviction II is the best one to buy.

Wish I had kept my vestian dynasty. damn it.

If it doesn't have a Range or ADS/Readying perk...... I don't want to hear about it (it's like rolling a shotgun with no Range or damage perks)

Also, I believe if you do the HoW quest you get the Vestian Dynasty in that quest.

But beware, the VD is NOT hitscan, so it's a different beast in PvP

If it doesn't have a Range or ADS/Readying perk...... I don't want to hear about it (it's like rolling a shotgun with no Range or damage perks)

Also, I believe if you do the HoW quest you get the Vestian Dynasty in that quest.

But beware, the VD is NOT hitscan, so it's a different beast in PvP

Yeah - Rangefinder is game changer for side arms.

BUT you can't buy a stock sidearm with it. My argument is simply the CII is the best one you can buy. You can get better ones RNG.

I've actually changed by faction to NM to try increase my chances of getting a nice CII role.

I would actually rank that NM vendor CII BELOW the Vendor bought Jabberhakke. So of the 3 available Vandor sidearms I would rank it 3rd :P

It's really about getting a good rolled one. Heck even a blue one with Suresight and Rangefinder would be unreal

all I can hear now is the sound it makes pew-pew-pew

You can buy the Vestian Dynasty one from yer wan in the Reef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I dismantled mine and thought it was gone. Good to know.

I had a look yesterday but she aint selling it to me. a couple of shaders and the ship.

• Advertisement

Pick up the House of Wolves quest from the machine by the vanguard and re-do it. I got one from that (I re-did all the quests when I got TTK)

Cormac... wrote:
    Pick up the House of Wolves quest from the machine by the vanguard and re-do it. I got one from that (I re-did all the quests when I got TTK)

Why?

PetKing wrote: »
    Why?

At the end of the quest you get a Vestian Dynasty, I just couldn't be bothered constantly quoting people

Getting the ToM is actually the least "Casual Friendly" thing in the game what with all the time gated stuff.

Am trying to kind of help my mate towards getting it but the below are a total barrier to players who only play every few weeks or so:
    Dreadnaught Agnorach Rune (needing 7 different daily major kills)
    Tier 2 CoO combos
    Tier 3 Bosses rotating
    Challenge mode kills rotating
    The one you get from doing a dreadnaught NF.

Like my mate plays maybe twice a month and it's seeming unfeasible to get 45 tbh.

Now yes, I realise that the ToM is the most OP "End-Game" bit of gear around and basically giving players a guaranteed way of getting it instead of hoping for a raid Boss Drop a-la Vex/Crux but still it's irksome

I wish they let you get the calcified fragments for participating in CoO and not using your own rune since then I could put down 20 runes and we'd be sorted but still...... grrrrrr

I hope they reduce the time gating of stuff going forward. I can see the logic, it just irks me

ToM isn't a great gun, I only equip is once I get to the Sisters on Kings Fall. As soon as Oryx is dead - back to the vault it goes...

Considering the grind for it, I wouldn't be bothered. If someone is a real casual player, I wouldn't recommend the ToM, that grind was the most off putting thing in the game for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ToM isn't a great gun, I only equip is once I get to the Sisters on Kings Fall. As soon as Oryx is dead - back to the vault it goes...

Considering the grind for it, I wouldn't be bothered. If someone is a real casual player, I wouldn't recommend the ToM, that grind was the most off putting thing in the game for me.

As you said, ToM for the Sisters, and Oryx, and even then only REALLY needed by the two Titans in middle for Ogres. Everyone else could get by no worries with a Hung Jury or raid primary.

While you don't need ToM - especially if running with a group that mainly do have it - the criticism of the grind to get it is still valid.

As Cormac said, even dropping the CFs for CoO for participating (and beating) the required combos would be a sensible move; and lessen the issues for everyone. It having to be on your own rune - and the Tier 2 ones being RNG at that - is just a stupid level of additional grind.

The game should be fun, and Bungie have argued certain changes they have made have been to increase the fun - but with things like ToM or mat farming for exotic swords (so I am told) all fun goes out the window.

It doesn't matter if ToM is worth the grind, really, the problem is that to a casual player the gun is near unobtainable. You can argue that is fine - the gun should only be for dedicated players (similar to the useless Exotic faction class items which seem like they are near impossible for a year 2 player to get), but it is a worthwhile discussion anyway.

Getting Tier 2 Runs is actually pretty tricky if you don'y have Eris Ranked up (so you can buy them)

I only really did all the PvE content on my Main (warlock) and even I found myself having to buy one or two as they were not dropping full stop.

Getting the calcified fragments from those Tier 2's was by far more frustrating than the 3x Tier 3 bosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

While you don't need ToM - especially if running with a group that mainly do have it - the criticism of the grind to get it is still valid.

I don't think anyone would argue against that. I have ToM and haven't got it levelled up fully as I hate mat farming. I've only got the last bubble to go so will get to it eventually.

What I was pointing to was that for all the grind to get it, it is not a v1.0 Vex. It is not a must have gun like Fatebringer or Gjallahorn.
    It doesn't matter if ToM is worth the grind, really, the problem is that to a casual player the gun is near unobtainable. You can argue that is fine - the gun should only be for dedicated players (similar to the useless Exotic faction class items which seem like they are near impossible for a year 2 player to get), but it is a worthwhile discussion anyway.

I'm a year 1 player and I'm nowhere NEAR getting any of the factions to 25 for the Exotic. I completely ignored them as they added nothing, other than different variations of the same weapons. Ships, while nice on the loading screens, add nothing.

• Advertisement

I'm a year 1 player and I'm nowhere NEAR getting any of the factions to 25 for the Exotic. I completely ignored them as they added nothing, other than different variations of the same weapons. Ships, while nice on the loading screens, add nothing.

I'm in the same boat, although I wasn't ignoring the factions, I used assign 1 faction each character and just work on them as I played. Now I have all 3 working with one faction for about 2/3 weeks, before moving on to the next faction. It seems a lot of the guys in the clan are more savvy about dumping excess mats into factions than I was, and apparently the accepted mats each week rotate? I'm overstocked on wormspore all the time, but run out of relic iron, helium filaments, and spinmetal weekly. Just shows how little time I spend on patrol these days; I all but ignore the vanguard bounties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement