Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,231 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I got my Titan to 25 on DO - and was underwhelmed. Meh, wouldn't recommend the grind to anyone, not worth it.

Have swapped my titan over to NM (rank 6 I think) but not bothered about getting them to 25 - have only swapped because DO don't have a sidearm and NM do. Grinding for that with a good roll.

Still, feels wrong. "Repping" New Monarchy while still using my DO shaders and emblems, and wearing my real life DO hoody (right now). I don't want any of their light red shaders or emblems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's absolutely no reason to have the exotic class items and yet I find I must have them. Have 3 on the Titan and one each on the other two guys.
    This has been my problem with the game from Day one Beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Also - if you're running low on materials, make sure to visit Variks in the Reef every week to collect your package from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Suppose I should probably work on ranking up Variks before I rank up the factions then... Sigh... 

Edit: just checked there, level 15 with New Monarchy is my highest faction rep. Variks, I'm 1 with everyone. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Suppose I should probably work on ranking up Variks before I rank up the factions then... Sigh... 

Edit: just checked there, level 15 with New Monarchy is my highest faction rep. Variks, I'm 1 with everyone. :/

What level does Variks have to be for the weekly materials?

My Highest so far is dead orbit @ 12.... class items are a good bit away just yet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also - if you're running low on materials, make sure to visit Variks in the Reef every week to collect your package from him.

If I'd known this when HoW dropped, I would have put more time into levelling Variks. I am FOREVER short of mats. Time to grind.........
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    What level does Variks have to be for the weekly materials?

My Highest so far is dead orbit @ 12.... class items are a good bit away just yet for me.

Think it's 4.

You get about 60 materials per week from Variks, if I remember correctly.

You get about 60 materials per week from Variks, if I remember correctly.

Is that per character or total?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dammit its gonna be a slog getting his faction up now haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that per character or total?

No around 20 per character.

• Advertisement

Actually I'm pretty sure it's about 20 planetary materials and 20 ether seeds (or something else) per character per week.
    I also think that he gives packages at rank 2 but the rank 3 packages are a bit better - which is why you're only getting 20 emmet.

I should be on early enough tonight, so if anyone is interested in grinding PoE, that's what I'll be doing, till I get pissed off. Also, level 32 is Qodron so I'll defo be looking to get that done as I still need the grimoire for it. Me **** will I be touching Skolas. Completed him once. Wont be touching him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I should be on early enough tonight, so if anyone is interested in grinding PoE, that's what I'll be doing, till I get pissed off. Also, level 32 is Qodron so I'll defo be looking to get that done as I still need the grimoire for it. Me **** will I be touching Skolas. Completed him once. Wont be touching him again.

Skolas is easy now - just use a sword to block the damage from the essence.

Alternatively use the Titan bubbles and ToM technique to burn him fast.

Cal can sherpa ya through skolas so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I completed Skolas with Dudeeile and Johnny on "Sherpafest"..... *tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nocal wrote:
    Skolas is easy now - just use a sword to block the damage from the essence.

nocal wrote:
    Alternatively use the Titan bubbles and ToM technique to burn him fast.

I'd be up for helping out with a PoE for the craic. Haven't been back to Skolas since. Interested to see what he's like now.

Give him a tea bagging for me!

Cormac... wrote: »
    I completed Skolas with Dudeeile and Johnny on "Sherpafest"..... *tumbleweed*

Man that was funny, spending ages hearing about how hard he was and all and the fecker didnt last long at all haha
    I'd be up for helping out with a PoE for the craic. Haven't been back to Skolas since. Interested to see what he's like now.

Ah sure I'll give POE a bash when I get home later, should be on round 7 or so :D

I will happily run Skolas and other POE's, but there is a brand new game sitting in the glove box of my car that needs some attention - but over the weekend I would be happy to run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Actually I'm pretty sure it's about 20 planetary materials and 20 ether seeds (or something else) per character per week.
    I also think that he gives packages at rank 2 but the rank 3 packages are a bit better - which is why you're only getting 20 emmet.

got to level 3 of house of judgement last week, video of my haul. Got something similar again today. I thought I read some-where that he can give etheric light aswell sometimes.

and if you scrap those tokens of flight/tokens of identity you get 10rep for HOJ aswell.

• Advertisement

Give him a tea bagging for me!

A Teabag and Coffee Colonic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yup just checked and he's only rank 2 on my Titan.

Was it POE that ranked him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

syboit wrote: »
    got to level 3 of house of judgement last week, video of my haul. Got something similar again today. I thought I read some-where that he can give etheric light aswell sometimes.

and if you scrap those tokens of flight/tokens of identity you get 10rep for HOJ aswell.

Much love for Variks, I've been collecting that sh1t for so long. I tend to hover somewhere around 600 of each mat all the time, if I start overflowing I just spend them at the factions, I've had a few Etheric Light from him in my time.

Went farming for the Grasp of Malok yesterday, after about 4.5hrs including breaks and that, we ended with 5, only 1 with a decent roll was mine:) and also a couple of class items. Doesn't really feel like that much of a grind to be fair but you do have to give it a bit of time, good laugh and it becomes pretty robotic. 2 hunters using tether and 1 titan, we started with the titan throwing hammers after the first tether but ended up settling on a weapons of light bubble.

Titan drops bubble close to Omnigul, first hunter tethers, all 3 pass through bubble with swords and just go ham on her ass, 2 lads had exotic swords, I was using a legendary and also Invective, second tether and grab more weapons if needed. We actually downed her a few times on the first tether, it's a bit hit and miss as to how long the tether was lasting. You get legendary engram drops so that's some legendary marks. Ghost with extra glimmer for hive and black wax idol and I think I banked well over 20K in glimmer, quickly spending it on weapon parts as I went. We needed to be making journeys back to the tower to keep the inventory's clear (or just use an item manager).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've played the game a fair amount and never even thought of doing ToM or an Exotic Sword quest, they don't look remotely enjoyable.

AdamD wrote: »
    I've played the game a fair amount and never even thought of doing ToM or an Exotic Sword quest, they don't look remotely enjoyable.

ToM i have only used on Oryx in fairness but thats all i'll use on him now.

I have to say tho I do love my exotic swords :D

The exotic sword quest has you farm planetary materials for about an hour, maybe a little more.

The ToM is incredibly painful...
    First you have to farm 50 Hadium Flakes on the Dreadnought, which takes a balls load of time, then you have to find each of the Calcified Fragments - which really took a huge chunk of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

So much so, that I have about 90% of the Chaperone, Sleeper Stimulant and exotic sword quests done but I'm just not arsed to finish them.

Literally all I have to do for the Chaperone is the Shield Brothers strike, the Sword is waiting on some other bullsh!t strike but realistically the ToM and planetary material farming really got to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Farming materials for the exotic sword isn't fun but the crucible part and the bit at the end have been a good laugh. The other legs you do as you play the pve.
    Back in the day you had to run round a planet for an hour just to upgrade a disc on a gun.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Back in the day you had to run round a planet for an hour just to upgrade a disc on a gun.

I remember it well, and it wasn't fun back then either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yup just checked and he's only rank 2 on my Titan.

Was it POE that ranked him?

Yeah, as far as I know only the Prison gives that rep. At least at this stage you can beat level35 (including) skolas in less than 30mins.

• Advertisement

I will do the shield bros. strike with you at some point Chimp. Then you can get your shiny new exotic.

They really got the material farming wrong in this game - it should not be a chore. Randomly mining materials as you pass by should give you enough mats. Having to go to an area and farm is a p.i.t.a.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement