Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

dudeeile wrote: »
    Went farming for the Grasp of Malok yesterday, after about 4.5hrs including breaks and that, we ended with 5, only 1 with a decent roll was mine:) and also a couple of class items. Doesn't really feel like that much of a grind to be fair but you do have to give it a bit of time, good laugh and it becomes pretty robotic. 2 hunters using tether and 1 titan, we started with the titan throwing hammers after the first tether but ended up settling on a weapons of light bubble.

Titan drops bubble close to Omnigul, first hunter tethers, all 3 pass through bubble with swords and just go ham on her ass, 2 lads had exotic swords, I was using a legendary and also Invective, second tether and grab more weapons if needed. We actually downed her a few times on the first tether, it's a bit hit and miss as to how long the tether was lasting. You get legendary engram drops so that's some legendary marks. Ghost with extra glimmer for hive and black wax idol and I think I banked well over 20K in glimmer, quickly spending it on weapon parts as I went. We needed to be making journeys back to the tower to keep the inventory's clear (or just use an item manager).

Thats good going getting that amount of them. Did it the other day for a while , I actually find it good craic (got the bond no grasp), went from around 2k glimmer to 25k in that time. Also if you got a ghost for the cosmodrome you can get spinmetal when you pick up engrams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The exotic sword quest has you farm planetary materials for about an hour, maybe a little more.

The ToM is incredibly painful...
    First you have to farm 50 Hadium Flakes on the Dreadnought, which takes a balls load of time, then you have to find each of the Calcified Fragments - which really took a huge chunk of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

So much so, that I have about 90% of the Chaperone, Sleeper Stimulant and exotic sword quests done but I'm just not arsed to finish them.

Literally all I have to do for the Chaperone is the Shield Brothers strike, the Sword is waiting on some other bullsh!t strike but realistically the ToM and planetary material farming really got to me.

Ah chimp the exotic sword qquest last step does be a laugh, me and gimli done all 3 and thankfully havent had too many issues running it cos we know it so well now :D I'll do that one with ya if you want :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I will NEVER farm a gun after the whole "Changing the Hopscotch Pilgrims Arhetype" bulls**t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cormac... wrote: »
    I will NEVER farm a gun after the whole "Changing the Hopscotch Pilgrims Arhetype" bulls**t

At the time everyone was farming the Pilgrim - I took a break.

I am happy to play a bit of Destiny now with the very occasional lost weekend to it.

Well the grasp is a fairly easy one, hour of that and glimmer, spinmetal, engrams a plenty.

Other than than, nightfall is really the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

syboit wrote: »
    Yeah, as far as I know only the Prison gives that rep. At least at this stage you can beat level35 (including) skolas in less than 30mins.

There's a quest involving the wolves which is also linked to the Petra quest that gains rep since TTK, I haven't been tracking what increases I made but I'm gonna guess it's probably just 1 level.
    syboit wrote: »
    Also if you got a ghost for the cosmodrome you can get spinmetal when you pick up engrams.

Didn't know about this, handy tip for some on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I usually use legendary marks to get stuff off the quartermaster fella (beside DO faction).

I find it handy as sometimes have loads of marks to burn, depending on the week of course, how much I've played...

It's strange coins I be looking for though. I've 5 atm, how do you get loads of these?

>Also if you got a ghost for the cosmodrome you can get spinmetal when you >pick up engrams.

Didn't know about this, handy tip for some on here.

I got lucky with one ghost, give's me glimmer for defeating hive, and its also a spinmetal detector. So you can change the detect one to give spinmetal when finding engrams on the cosmodrome.

PlainP wrote: »
    It's strange coins I be looking for though. I've 5 atm, how do you get loads of these?

I think the general consensus is level 28 POE if I remember right.

It's motes of light in my case, did CE last night and got 13 after changing the shards but that included 2 armour and 1 weapon, so that was a decent haul, really you'd expect less in a run.

Also just figured out you get 5 motes for a public event, anyone know if that's just once per character per day or can I farm these?

Play Crucible, I get plenty there tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://planetdestiny.com/best-way-to-farm/

this about covers it. PoE 28 is probably the quickest way most guaranteed way to get a lot provided you have the keys but doing the reef bounties to get keys can be a pain. NF if you're lucky could land you a truckload real fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think the general consensus is level 28 POE if I remember right.

It's motes of light in my case, did CE last night and got 13 after changing the shards but that included 2 armour and 1 weapon, so that was a decent haul, really you'd expect less in a run.

Also just figured out you get 5 motes for a public event, anyone know if that's just once per character per day or can I farm these?

You can farm public events as much as you like :)

zavala_hero.jpg

...message received from the Tower...

THANK YOU FOR THE REPORT

We received your report about players who were behaving in a way that made Destiny less fun and have taken action! Your concern for the player experience is most appreciated. Bungie remains committed to providing a fun and fair Destiny experience for everyone.

LEARN MORE ABOUT BUNGIE'S PLAYER RESTRICTION POLICY

Pretty sure we came up against a lag switcher in trials on Saturday and received this email last night, would Bungie be this quick to act. I had the video saved on my console to follow this up but just used the in game reporting tool at the time.

I might submit the video just to see if it was related and maybe get a glimpse of their response time on such stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Thanks for all the advice, I'll do all those things...

Not requouting as I'm on my sh1tty phone

What do Etheric Light and Token of Flight/Might/Blight/Heights exchange for again? Pointless Rep?
    I need to clear some vault space

I reported someone for abuse before and got a similar response within a week. I do know someone who reported someone maliciously several times and afaik Bungie never responded.

What do Etheric Light and Token of Flight/Might/Blight/Heights exchange for again? Pointless Rep?
    I need to clear some vault space

Wasn't etheric light something to do with a now defunct way of levelling up? The rest you exchange for ships, shaders, class items and other useless stuff. I just use them for rep.

I report people (instead of just giving out about it for 12 minutes) all the time and never get any thing back.

What's Abuse? Were they spamming you? I spam people all the time.

My new thing is REALLY bad insults..... like "You're clan title has an unusually large amount of characters in it's title compared to other clans"

F**king REKT!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mayhem rumble is the weekly playlist. If anyone wants/needs to finish off their subclass specific crucible quest (for the emblems) then they should jump in - loads of grenades and supers.
    Just watch out for Cuhlcannon's trip mine laser show!!

Nah it was my old clan. Things went crazy near the end. I was being called an Irish cn*t. I can be but was innocent this time. Tbh I made sure my responses had been ok before I reported it.

• Advertisement

Well..... f**king hell O_O

F**k that for a game of soldiers

I often message players who are level 2 to 5 in the tower saying "Welcome :)"

Normally they are happy out with it and say "Thanks :)" etc
    But then one time in the response I got called a Pedo and told they were glad my mother was dead and yadda yadda

It was the fastest escalation of things ever.

You can use etheric light to rank up with the queen but why bother if you have already unlocked all access to her items. These were once a very valuable so I'm holding on to a few just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Looks like SBMM has been removed and we're back to connection based.

I was doing well in Rumble last night, so I'm assuming this is why...

At least this will improve the lag, remove some of the saltyness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

But then one time in the response I got called a Pedo and told they were glad my mother was dead and yadda yadda

That deserves a ............ ?

1290.gif

You can use etheric light to rank up with the queen but why bother if you have already unlocked all access to her items. These were once a very valuable so I'm holding on to a few just in case.

Yeah, I see no point in that, she only sells rubbish

Do the Variks tokens level up House of Judgement?
    I would check myself but my fiancé knows i'm not allowed play Destiny till Friday so..... yeah..... she's watching me

Are you sure you didn't wander into COD by mistake? I loved COD but the stuff people said to each other was insane at times.
    I haven't had any real issues with anyone on Destiny as far as I remember. Other than people I knew well which wasn't Destiny's fault.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't wander into COD by mistake? I loved COD but the stuff people said to each other was insane at times.
    I haven't had any real issues with anyone on Destiny as far as I remember. Other than people I knew well which wasn't Destiny's fault.

BLOPS3 is Still in the box, I'd actually like to play it but in 4 player and do Zombies for fun.
    I'd get pretty bored playing solo.

Yeah, I see no point in that, she only sells rubbish

Do the Variks tokens level up House of Judgement?
    I would check myself but my fiancé knows i'm not allowed play Destiny till Friday so..... yeah..... she's watching me

Yes, the Variks tokens give you 10rep towards house of judgement. If you get to level 3 with Variks you can unlock the shaders, I really like those ones.

I keep the etheric light, I like to use the year1 weapons when messing around, might aswell be on max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

246.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement