Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I was on about the Grasp of Malok farming I did the other day, some of you heard me rant about it in my first PvP game, here it is in all it's glory.

Red Dot ORS1/Counterbalance/Fitted Stock or Injection Mold/Last Resort

obRgwwH.png

Not a million miles from the god roll: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3pgopl/grasp_of_malok_best_roll_with_numbers_wall_of_text/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    I report people (instead of just giving out about it for 12 minutes) all the time and never get any thing back.

What's Abuse? Were they spamming you? I spam people all the time.

My new thing is REALLY bad insults..... like "You're clan title has an unusually large amount of characters in it's title compared to other clans"

F**king REKT!

Never understood this tbh, have gotten the odd message after a PvP game. Why go to all that effort

Used to be easy enough on some of the old games where you could message the last people you'd played in < 10 seconds, especially on RFoM which had a fantastic in game interface. But nowadays you have to actually type their name in and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Never understood this tbh, have gotten the odd message after a PvP game. Why go to all that effort

Used to be easy enough on some of the old games where you could message the last people you'd played in < 10 seconds, especially on RFoM which had a fantastic in game interface. But nowadays you have to actually type their name in and all.

I actually just do it for the laugh while we're matchmaking before the game kicks off (usually we're in a team of 6). I normally go for the other groups of 3 or 4 and send them each individually made up dumb messages like that before the game starts.
    It's often times just cause I'm drunk and we're having fun.

I think my humour just went over your head here.

Like you're in orbit and I'm just like:
    "Hey you, you do know that despite an upper case "I" looking like a lower case "l" that I still saw through your deception and will be pronouncing your name phonetically as a result for the entirety of this match"

(••_••)
    ( ••_••)>⌐■■-■■
    (⌐■■_■■)

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

EDIT: What I DON'T do is send people messages after a game saying "f**k you lag switch with your Thorn" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Dear Bungie,
    Why can't I infuse an exotic into another exotic without needing another shard?
    Thanks,
    Yakuza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I would check myself but my fiancé knows i'm not allowed play Destiny till Friday so..... yeah..... she's watching me

As tonight is Cormac's last night before he's allowed back on, tomorrow he'll be loading up Destiny like..

517.gif1532.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As tonight is Cormac's last night before he's allowed back on, tomorrow he'll be loading up Destiny like..

Oh i think he should restart his ban cos he has been on here and even fapped to a few sexy spreadsheets, we could ban him from here for a few days to just appease to the other half :P

Well it's a self imposed break :D

She did comment on me being on Boards and Reddit when she was watching TV though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well it's a self imposed break :D

She did comment on me being on Boards and Reddit when she was watching TV though

Tell her I have my Ban Hammer at the ready :P

article_post_width_Destiny-Titan-Sunbreaker.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Tell her I have my Ban Hammer at the ready :P

article_post_width_Destiny-Titan-Sunbreaker.jpg

OP must nerf :P

Thank god I have practice after work or I'd be floating around the house like a waif again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Why are you doing this? Is it just to prove a point? Is this like no gaming at all or just no Destiny?
    G'wan have a game tonight sure no-one will know!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Why are you doing this?

To try and clear some backlog and free up more time to do other things
    Is it just to prove a point?

Essentially yes
    Is this like no gaming at all or just no Destiny?

Just Destiny
    G'wan have a game tonight sure no-one will know!

Pusher!

takingabreak-817x350.png?3ed840

Just leave this here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Just come play Division instead ... it's way more fun. :)

I've bought and cancelled The Division standard Edition. Then purchased the Gold edition which is (allegedly) enroute but I have cancelled the order and purchased the standard edition again which just dispatched this afternoon.
    My and the Division are not getting off on the right foot.

Just come play Division instead ... it's way more fun. :)

I would only be swapping one addiction for another :P

I've bought and cancelled The Division standard Edition. Then purchased the Gold edition which is (allegedly) enroute but I have cancelled the order and purchased the standard edition again which just dispatched this afternoon.
    My and the Division are not getting off on the right foot.

Why???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Taking a break from Destiny is the best decision I ever made. I enjoy playing it now (albeit less regularly) far more than I did before. Couple of games per night. No feeling like I need to complete every single bounty or daily/weekly activity.

Just a more relaxed and casual outlook on the game in general. I'd say if I hadn't have taken a break when I did I would have come to dislike playing the game in time, and perhaps not even want to bother with the next expansion or Destiny 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,231 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

being playing a lot more crucible myself of late - still sticking with Control as my situational awareness and speed isn't high enough for Rumble, Salvage or Skirmish - plus I hate sniper play. It is easier to avoid in Control most of the time.

Getting that K/D moving up fairly consistently in the last month.

Haven't touched a daily or nightfall in months. Have started doing the daily bounties again though - easy mats and helps leveling factions etc. Only pick up the crucible ones that I can complete in Control (or Clash), and generally don't bother with the class specific bounties.

being playing a lot more crucible myself of late - still sticking with Control as my situational awareness and speed isn't high enough for Rumble, Salvage or Skirmish - plus I hate sniper play. It is easier to avoid in Control most of the time.

Getting that K/D moving up fairly consistently in the last month.

Haven't touched a daily or nightfall in months. Have started doing the daily bounties again though - easy mats and helps leveling factions etc. Only pick up the crucible ones that I can complete in Control (or Clash), and generally don't bother with the class specific bounties.

Pretty much what I've been doing too. Raided last night and night before for first time in few weeks. IB week pushed raiding out the window.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why???

I'm an idiot, I hate the courier Amazon use and I have difficulty making decisions.

Pretty much what I've been doing too. Raided last night and night before for first time in few weeks. IB week pushed raiding out the window.

Had a great Raid run there last night - Totems, Warpriest, Gogoroth all done first go, Sisters on the 4th I think, Oryx on the first.

My actually rewards were rubbish though!

I went to check your grimore cause what I was going to suggest was working your way through the 100 wins of each game type......

Then I was just like "Collect the f**king dead ghosts Conovar Jesus H Christ"

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/ps/Conovar

Also, how are your "Wins" in game modes outside of Control so low? Like have you literally only ever played ~12 games of Skirmish (if so, it's no wonder you hate it) or something? How is that even possible in all that time.

Man, you need to get out of the "Control Safety Zone" or you won't become a better player (no offence intended of course)

Pick a game mode, and try (mostly) stick to it for a week or two

I did Controls 1st (obviously) back around 15 months ago, than 3 months later Clash, than Skirmish, then Salvage..... and now, despite my Rumblings (haha), I'm working on Rumble

Practice, practice, practice... Learn the mode.... how you need to change your build, class, weapons, exotic around etc.

Of course if all you're concerned with is KDR, well that's fine too, but I went from "ok/good" about 6 months ago to fairly decent now, all as a result of going for those 100 Salvage wins

FWIW, The Raid and PvP is all I play..... I don't do Strikes, missions, patrols, quests or bounties.

Just PvP and The Challenge Mode of the Raid each week x3

Just hit 50 Skirmish wins last night, definitely liking it more than I did Clash when I was going for the 100 there.

I went to check your grimore cause what I was going to suggest was working your way through the 100 wins of each game type......

Then I was just like "Collect the f**king dead ghosts Conovar Jesus H Christ"

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/ps/Conovar

Also, how are your "Wins" in game modes outside of Control so low? Like have you literally only ever played ~12 games of Skirmish (if so, it's no wonder you hate it) or something? How is that even possible in all that time.

Man, you need to get out of the "Control Safety Zone" or you won't become a better player (no offence intended of course)

Pick a game mode, and try (mostly) stick to it for a week or two

I did Controls 1st (obviously) back around 15 months ago, than 3 months later Clash, than Skirmish, then Salvage..... and now, despite my Rumblings (haha), I'm working on Rumble

Practice, practice, practice... Learn the mode.... how you need to change your build, class, weapons, exotic around etc.

Of course if all you're concerned with is KDR, well that's fine too, but I went from "ok/good" about 6 months ago to fairly decent now, all as a result of going for those 100 Salvage wins
    Grimoire? PAH! Dead Ghosts.... can't be arsed!

Yep, think I have only played a couple of games of skirmish, and enough in salvage and rumble to complete the crucible quest.

Wouldn't mind doing Salvage in a team, but match made is too much of a crap shoot.

Skirmish I'm just going to assume I suck at and will get sniped every two seconds like i do when I (used to) play Trials.

I enjoy Destiny, and I generally enjoy Control. I generally do NOT enjoy any of the other play modes cause I'm not good enough or quick enough - and after so long playing the game I don't see that skill level improve to where I'd be a usefull team member in 3vs3 or less than fodder in rumble.

Had a great Raid run there last night - Totems, Warpriest, Gogoroth all done first go, Sisters on the 4th I think, Oryx on the first.

My actually rewards were rubbish though!

Yeah last night rewards where utter $hite, shards to the left, shards to the right. Didn't get to take down Oryx though.

Tuesday on the Titan I got a 320 Helm so happy out. Just need Gloves, Boots and tea towel for 320....
    FWIW, The Raid and PvP is all I play..... I don't do Strikes, missions, patrols, quests or bounties.

Just PvP and The Challenge Mode of the Raid each week x3

Well, I have 2 CP's for Oryx so if we happen to cross paths at the same time... ;)

I'm an idiot, I hate the courier Amazon use and I have difficulty making decisions.

Use PM and they'll ship with Royal Mail. I got the Gold edition yesterday. Was in PM Tuesday.

Grimoire?

I only really did it as a "Challenge" for ME not so much for the actual points themselves
    Skirmish I'm just going to assume I suck at and will get sniped every two seconds like i do when I (used to) play Trials.

Boooo negative thinking.... booooooo!!
    I enjoy Destiny, and I generally enjoy Control. I generally do NOT enjoy any of the other play modes cause I'm not good enough or quick enough - and after so long playing the game I don't see that skill level improve to where I'd be a usefull team member in 3vs3 or less than fodder in rumble.

I am living proof you're wrong. I would also argue that Chimp, Nev and Dude are too.... all of us were NOT yuck-yucking it up in Salvage a year ago... but now if you put those 3 in a game of Skirmish, they could probably stomp a lot of other teams.

You'll never know unless you try.

Personally, since I know you're familiar with Trials, just go give Skirmish a run (even solo) and try get 25 wins and see how you feel (as a personal goal, not so much for the grimore).... I bet you'll feel better after.

Also, have you considered stacking more towards "Agility" and less towards Armour and Recovery

• Advertisement

Tuesday on the Titan I got a 320 Helm so happy out. Just need Gloves, Boots and tea towel for 320....

Well, I have 2 CP's for Oryx so if we happen to cross paths at the same time... ;)

Haha thats right the 2 titans got the 320 Helms :P
    I really need so start doing the raid more to get more 320 gear im only on 318 in full so I need a 320 Primary/Gloves/Tea Towel I think to get there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement