Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Stack recovery!!! So much more useful than the other two.

Never got the grimoire love myself, killing 100 ogres is my idea of hell. Even 100 ffas is just effort. If I have a grimoire card its from playing something I would have played regardless. Then again I played Trials endlessly to hit DTR 50 so I'm probably just a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,230 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have gone with max armour on my current good PvP run - and my chest piece gives extra armour when using an arc based class.

Have never particularly thought extra agility would have helped me in PvP.

Sometimes do wish recovery would kick in quicker though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

have gone with max armour on my current good PvP run - and my chest piece gives extra armour when using an arc based class.

Higher agility means you can get away quicker. I run hunter mainly though, blink blink.

Saying that I'm not great at PVP. IB is fun though. Have yet to venture near Trials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It would if you went with more Recovery.

I used to Main Armour pre-tTK. Now it's Agility > Recovery > Armour
    PlainP wrote: »
    Higher agility means you can get away quicker. I run hunter mainly though, blink blink.

Saying that I'm not great at PVP. IB is fun though. Have yet to venture near Trials.

Also Agility affects your jump distance and height, ADS movement speed and guns equip, aim and reload times (slightly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »
    Never got the grimoire love myself, killing 100 ogres is my idea of hell. Even 100 ffas is just effort. If I have a grimoire card its from playing something I would have played regardless.

A lot of the grinding isn't too bad, ghosts, calcified fragments, etc if there's someone else doing it. Normally someone pops a message up in the clan chat and it ends up being a bit of craic doing it.

OptimusTractorX helped me out with the Calcified Fragments, for example, we flew through it on a Saturday morning.

There's regular fireteams doing the raid too, so getting Ogre kills and the like is easy enough these days too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Daily is Regicide in case anyone needs the Calcified Fragments which are specifically locked to that mission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had a "husk of the pit" drop for me this morning, nice as a mainly year 2 player getting a blast from the past year1 item drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    I was on about the Grasp of Malok farming I did the other day, some of you heard me rant about it in my first PvP game, here it is in all it's glory.

I tried farming yesterday. I jumped out immediately after spawning in when faced with mid 20-30's players. And then 3 further attempts where 2 of us were on for farming while the 3rd constantly res'd us! All a bit painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    I tried farming yesterday. I jumped out immediately after spawning in when faced with mid 20-30's players. And then 3 further attempts where 2 of us were on for farming while the 3rd constantly res'd us! All a bit painful.

Ya got to hit this with a dedicated fireteam, I was with a bunch from lfg. I wouldn't mind farming this a little more I'll throw a message up next time there's not a lot happening.

I find it one of the few year 1 strikes where you'll get a full fireteam. Still amazes me how 3 random players just begin the farm process and it can work well without any communication.

I ran the shadow thief over the course of a month and a lot of the time it was either me on my own or just 2 of us.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote:
    Ya got to hit this with a dedicated fireteam, I was with a bunch from lfg. I wouldn't mind farming this a little more I'll throw a message up next time there's not a lot happening.

That would be most days at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

For anyone that's still on this ....... I wouldn't bother with the nightfall this week , it's the Brothers with Solar burn , complete nightmare and not worth the chance of dropping the awesome sparrow horns

Mcsirl wrote: »
    For anyone that's still on this ....... I wouldn't bother with the nightfall this week , it's the Brothers with Solar burn , complete nightmare and not worth the chance of dropping the awesome sparrow horns

yeah - saw that this morning and it was a giant, couldn't be bigger, NOPE.

On the plus side, special weapons.... so a solar sniper is doing 4 times the normal damage!

actually got the Shaxx Bounties done today - think it gave me a couple of freebies which made it a lot easier! did the daily playlist one in Clash and got it done after 3 games (1 loss followed by two wins). Some decent performances in there too - came in to one game late, with the team down a bit - got second highest score (by 40 points off first) and had a 2.6KD - won the match by near 1000 points.

Don't think I got near 2500 points in any of the three games though (just a little barometer for the IB bounty, which Bungie admited was an issue). Think I was near 2000 points on all three games. No need to aim for 2500, but if I ever get that in clash I know i have had a REALLY good game.

Got a Red Spectre for my efforts on the weekly bounty - normally not a gun I would bother with but got a decent role - a range extender, which cut the stability in half, but got counter balance on it too which mitigates the stability issue. Might take it in to crucible and see what it is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mcsirl wrote: »
    yeah - saw that this morning and it was a giant, couldn't be bigger, NOPE.

On the plus side, special weapons.... so a solar sniper is doing 4 times the normal damage!

Year 1 VoC FTW :D:D:D:D:D

Year 1 VoC FTW :D:D:D:D:D

That final room though - solar burn and cabal? EVERYTHING apart from Blastoise and the Psions is hitting for solar damage; you'll spend most of the time near death just jumping around hoping not to get hit again.

Even the cheese spot will be a problem cause the ads can still hit you.

Absolutely no chance of survicing Charizard hitting you either, even a glancing blow.

For me, it shows the problem with nightfall - the rewards aren't good enough (most of the time) for the effort that will be required for them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Solar Burn...... Pfffffttttttt my hammers will burn the hell out of them :P

For me, it shows the problem with nightfall - the rewards aren't good enough (most of the time) for the effort that will be required for them.

I've been thinking about that lately and weighing it against the Shaxx bounties for same tier rewards. Granted the bounties give XP but for time consumed, NF would win surely?... Not that I bother with NF though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

The Shield Bros Nightfall is all about ad management. Tactically, it's actually very similar to the final room in the Black Spindle quest, except with less cover. If you go into this with a Sunbreaker and a Nightstalker, I think you could get this done fairly easily.

Nightstalker would need Black Hole (longer tether), Vanish in Smoke (great for trying to survive Last Guardian Standing), Light of the Pack enabled (generate a dick load of orbs). Sunbreaker would need Forgemaster (to throw more hammers), Thermal Vent (create sunspots), Explosive Pyre (fiery explosions), Cauterize (regen health when you kill something with fire).

Save your supers for the waves of support. Tether enemies at the door they spawn from. Hammer the **** out of them, generating a load of orbs, from the tether and the hammer kills.

As for weapon loadouts, the Spindle will wreck everything, especially the tank in the first part of the mission as it's so easy to hit crits. Quillim's Terminus would work for solar heavy. Spindle probably doesn't make sense for the last room. A solar shotgun or fusion would be better for clearing ads, maybe Sleeper Simulant or Dragon's Breath for heavy.

I've been thinking about that lately and weighing it against the Shaxx bounties for same tier rewards. Granted the bounties give XP but for time consumed, NF would win surely?... Not that I bother with NF though!

Personally I don't really bother with the shaxx bounties either - only pick up the ones I can complete doing the stuff I would normally do, so they just become another source of faction rep, like all the other bounties. Sometimes I am gifted a weekly completion though. Like today.Picked up the 5 bounty on my warlock and it was already complete.

• Advertisement

Personally I don't really bother with the shaxx bounties either - only pick up the ones I can complete doing the stuff I would normally do, so they just become another source of faction rep, like all the other bounties. Sometimes I am gifted a weekly completion though. Like today.Picked up the 5 bounty on my warlock and it was already complete.

Yeah, thats the best about the shaxx weeklies that they carry over, rarely bother to do all 5 anymore in one week, just tip away at them. The Iron Banner weeklies count towards them aswell.

Really like the red-spectre gun, my titan doesn't leave home without it :)

Black spindle was the biz aswell for the shield bro's, never seen them melted so fast, really worth the 303 gloves I got!!. Only wishing for a racing toolkit, at least I got a decent looking sparrow out of one last week.

Year 1 VoC FTW

PetKing wrote:
    Not that I bother with NF though!

ran it with Nev last last night for the craic. Can confirm VoC does not work! Needs small arms on top of solar to be viable. Also, a horrendous NF.

Got a Righteous VII from a New Monarchy package earlier - with SPO-28 (strong target acquisition), Hammer Forged, Rifled Barrel (both buffing range nicely) and Rodeo.

Only used it in one game (and only got 7 kills with it) and seems a decent weapon - never bother with Auto's in the game myself as they require a playstyle that I'm not comfortable with - but had some fun with this one.

380518.png

Only used it in one game (and only got 7 kills with it) and seems a decent weapon - never bother with Auto's in the game myself as they require a playstyle that I'm not comfortable with - but had some fun with this one.

I've been tinkering with Dead Orbit's Paleoncontact to moderate access. Nothing I'd like to share with the group yet, but since the days of Suros, it's an auto I'm comfortable with and enjoying. Don't know why I'm killing myself to get the Doctrine considering the archetype is so alian to me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

About f'n time
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/
    April 12th 2.2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

About f'n time
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/
    April 12th 2.2.0

I'd like to know where dafuk I'm supposed to store new gear.

Spent the evening going through year 1 weapons and thinned the flock, still holding about 12 overall, not a lot but space is still premium.

Looks like we'll get an update to prison of elders at least, with taken involvement. One month to go. And then I will suck at crucible again! Change never goes well for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hmmm increased max light in prep for a new raid it looks like....... dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'd like to know where dafuk I'm supposed to store new gear.

Spent the evening going through year 1 weapons and thinned the flock, still holding about 12 overall, not a lot but space is still premium.

Don't you remember the dark days of Year 0? I seem to recall 12 spots for all your armour, weapons and items. That may just be my memory failing me but it was worse than awful.
    One thing Destiny has thought me is there's never enough space in lockers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Hmmm increased max light in prep for a new raid it looks like....... dammit

Doubt there'll be a new raid in this update. Looks like an updated Prison of Elders with Taken involvement. Thee following picture, tweeted by bungie, is of, hopefully, the new armour, and the Titan Arms look strikingly like the PoE armour.

CdyEN_NVIAEnEJG.jpg:large

How this will work with new LL? Not sure, as the old PoE was tied to your XP Lvl. Will be interesting to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement