Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'd like to know where dafuk I'm supposed to store new gear.

Spent the evening going through year 1 weapons and thinned the flock, still holding about 12 overall, not a lot but space is still premium.

Why keep old stuff of you can get it from the stores? The only old weapon I am keeping is Gally. Everything thing else got blitzed.

There's too many nice new shiny bits to keep rather than the old muck and as you say space is at a premium.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Doubt there'll be a new raid in this update. Looks like an updated Prison of Elders with Taken involvement. Thee following picture, tweeted by bungie, is of, hopefully, the new armour, and the Titan Arms look strikingly like the PoE armour.

CdyEN_NVIAEnEJG.jpg:large

How this will work with new LL? Not sure, as the old PoE was tied to your XP Lvl. Will be interesting to see.

Nah no new raid this time but its starting the ground work for it in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Nah no new raid this time but its starting the ground work for it in fairness.

They set one up in one of the story missions on the Dreadnaught. The Cabal sending the message back to their Homeworld Leadership. The new Raid needs to be Cabal, and at least one section needs to be nothing but Psions and a Relic required to negate the knockback effect, while crossing a bridge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They set one up in one of the story missions on the Dreadnaught. The Cabal sending the message back to their Homeworld Leadership. The new Raid needs to be Cabal, and at least one section needs to be nothing but Psions and a Relic required to negate the knockback effect, while crossing a bridge.

Yeah the cabal in contact with more ships outside the system, oh it will be cabal in fairness and it will probably be a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Tbh I wouldnt want one just now, I'm still enjoying KF immensely, and I don't want a new one rushed. Unless they wanted to lob out a quick CE-esque one and still give us a decent one in Autumn.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah the cabal in contact with more ships outside the system, oh it will be cabal in fairness and it will probably be a tough one.

And so it should be. They're What? 10/12 foot tall heavily armoured walking tanks, with massive hovering tanks.

PetKing wrote: »
    Tbh I wouldnt want one just now, I'm still enjoying KF immensely, and I don't want a new one rushed. Unless they wanted to lob out a quick CE-esque one and still give us a decent one in Autumn.

Yeah, if there's a new riad this year, it'll be in the massive August update.

Yeah, if there's a new riad this year, it'll be in the massive August update.

Ah bungie waiting for my Birthday to give us the new raid, I like them even more now :P

I cant wait for new content in fairness, a few new missions and a taken strike should be good :D

They'll probably release those exotics we saw a while back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This this new content - will there be platform exclusivity on any of it?

Has the PS agreement expired?

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »

I'd be confident in saying that the new update in April won't contain any PS exclusives. There's only 1 new strike from what I can see, and Bungie / Sony would be absolute d!cks to flag that as exclusive.

I'd be confident in saying that the new update in April won't contain any PS exclusives. There's only 1 new strike from what I can see, and Bungie / Sony would be absolute d!cks to flag that as exclusive.

Yeah I cant see anything at all about any of it been exclusive TBH. Jade Rabbit is still exclusive to PSN tho so the deal is still in place from what I can tell.

I ran 2 POE's yesterday with Johnny and Dude, I hit rank 2 with Variks. Wohoo!! I want to be doubly prepared now and run Skolas once a week with all characters if I can. He's a piece of piss by the way!

I ran 2 POE's yesterday with Johnny and Dude, I hit rank 2 with Variks. Wohoo!! I want to be doubly prepared now and run Skolas once a week with all characters if I can. He's a piece of piss by the way!

He is actually very easy I have to say, I only ran him twice before that.

I'm just shy of Level 2 now so hopefully this update next month for POE gives us more REP etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I ran 2 POE's yesterday with Johnny and Dude, I hit rank 2 with Variks. Wohoo!! I want to be doubly prepared now and run Skolas once a week with all characters if I can. He's a piece of piss NOW by the way!

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

nocal wrote: »
    fyp

Have to agree with this. He was a disaster when you weren't levelled up enough. Never got to finish him myself because of this.

Will have to go in and give him hell now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone up for doing 6-player PvP with Year 1 weapons ONLY for the laugh at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Doubt there'll be a new raid in this update. Looks like an updated Prison of Elders with Taken involvement. Thee following picture, tweeted by bungie, is of, hopefully, the new armour, and the Titan Arms look strikingly like the PoE armour.

Yup, that titan is wearing the full prison of elders setup, helmet to the cloak. Was only wearing it all myself last night beating skolas :)

Wonder when they say armour update, if its the POE armour sets that will get the new light level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone up for doing 6-player PvP with Year 1 weapons ONLY for the laugh at some stage?

My Pocket Infinity is ready and willing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

quad_red wrote: »

Is that not in place for 3 games?

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Yup, that titan is wearing the full prison of elders setup, helmet to the cloak. Was only wearing it all myself last night beating skolas :)

Wonder when they say armour update, if its the POE armour sets that will get the new light level.

Yeah, it's more than likely PoE where the update will be concentrated.

SGA for those using Ishtar Commander and didn't know (like myself)... Swiping to the right moves and equips your weapon on another character.

Edit: How do I embed jpegs?

SGA for those using Ishtar Commander and didn't know (like myself)... Swiping to the right moves and equips your weapon on another character.

Nice one i didnt realise that until now either :)

Yep, thats a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »

I was playing Rumble last night and some lad was using Thorn with Firebolt grenades. You couldn't get near him.

I was playing Rumble last night and some lad was using Thorn with Firebolt grenades. You couldn't get near him.

Seen a few running Icebreaker in trials.

jonny24ie wrote:
    Seen a few running Icebreaker in trials.

I tried Icebreaker in Trials, it brought me down to 300. Headshots (I think) left them with ~20% health. Wasn't worth it imo

I tried Icebreaker in Trials, it brought me down to 300. Headshots (I think) left them with ~20% health. Wasn't worth it imo

Well this fella made fools of us with headshots in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah headshots are still 1 hit. I was 296 and still res sniping people with 1 headshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I think the last patch might have "fixed" the Scourge of Winter mission, I did 10+ runs on three characters (two accounts) and not a single exotic dropped. I'm still getting exotics in Crucible and strikes but nary a one from Draksis this weekend.

On a side note, I got my Black Spindle yesterday (after about 7 runs), got my first boss kill in the KF raid (Warpriest in hard mode), got Golgoroth down to 10% or so a few times but I had to log as it was stupid o'clock, but I was delighted with my first proper raiding experience in Destiny. Got a 320 rocket launcher, 314 sniper, 305 fusion (from the totems), 320 (and 310) Warlock Artifact and a few other bits and pieces. Max light now 315, looking to smack WP down again on my Hunter. The black spindle really helped. I'd only 311 light when running it (and had evolved it to 305) but it put out a sh1tload of damage. Rawr!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement