Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Exhausting marathon running through the raid last night with a few lads who hadn't really done KF before, but worth it to reward them with Golgy challenge and prizes!
    Things I did for the first time last night: standing on right at warpriest (horrendous experience!)... How do you save yourself from warpriest blasts after first pillar is gone and you're holding the plate?!?! I kept panic bubbling which caused all sorts of bedlam come DPS time.
    Two orb strat on Golgoroth.. Was always used to running 3-6 from bridge to back. I was 3 which I'd never done, you barely have time to enter the pit before you're climbing out again to take his gaze, few wipes there as I was leaving the pit too late.
    Some 320 boots finally. Stuck with a 319 class item now to finish my Titan. Have the cp if there's a group that wants to run him tonight. As I said to lads, have a very busy schedule of boozing this weekend so getting 2 challenges done would be the job.

Yeah Count me in for Goggleballs tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Exhausting marathon running through the raid last night with a few lads who hadn't really done KF before, but worth it to reward them with Golgy challenge and prizes!
    Things I did for the first time last night: standing on right at warpriest (horrendous experience!)... How do you save yourself from warpriest blasts after first pillar is gone and you're holding the plate?!?!

If someone on the left distracts him by shooting him, it makes holding that plate easier. If you are a hunter going invisible can save you from a few blasts. Once the plate is activated, you can jump upwards and the plate will stay activated - use that vertical space!
    Two orb strat on Golgoroth.. Was always used to running 3-6 from bridge to back. I was 3 which I'd never done, you barely have time to enter the pit before you're climbing out again to take his gaze, few wipes there as I was leaving the pit too late..

If I am the person leaving the pit early I use the n-o-cal method (TM) - fire 3 BS shots and then leave.
    I also like the one orb strat where a titan bubble is dropped in the doorway behind the orb's pool of light. This distracts the big lad and allows all the DPS team to drop into the pit before the orb is dropped. The gaze holder then takes the gaze and you get 5 people shooting with WoL & hopefully a tether for good DPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

nevelator wrote: »
    If someone on the left distracts him by shooting him, it makes holding that plate easier. If you are a hunter going invisible can save you from a few blasts. Once the plate is activated, you can jump upwards and the plate will stay activated - use that vertical space!

If I am the person leaving the pit early I use the n-o-cal method (TM) - fire 3 BS shots and then leave.
    I also like the one orb strat where a titan bubble is dropped in the doorway behind the orb's pool of light. This distracts the big lad and allows all the DPS team to drop into the pit before the orb is dropped. The gaze holder then takes the gaze and you get 5 people shooting with WoL & hopefully a tether for good DPS.

You should try the advanced n-o-cal method (patent pending) - fire 6 BS shots and leave :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Things I did for the first time last night: standing on right at warpriest (horrendous experience!)... How do you save yourself from warpriest blasts after first pillar is gone and you're holding the plate?!?! I kept panic bubbling which caused all sorts of bedlam come DPS time.
    Two orb strat on Golgoroth.. Was always used to running 3-6 from bridge to back. I was 3 which I'd never done, you barely have time to enter the pit before you're climbing out again to take his gaze, few wipes there as I was leaving the pit too late.
    Some 320 boots finally. Stuck with a 319 class item now to finish my Titan. Have the cp if there's a group that wants to run him tonight. As I said to lads, have a very busy schedule of boozing this weekend so getting 2 challenges done would be the job.

Yeah, we got close a couple times on the 2orb, which was good considering some hadn't run the challenge mode before, or had only done the 1orb. It's all a learning experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mayhem Clash is on this week for anyone struggling with getting their PvP Sword Kills for the quest

Not only does heavy ammo spawn more often, enemies also drop it when you kill them which makes it easier to get your sword kills.

• Advertisement

Secondly, if you have the Jolly Holliday quest it can be completed pretty easily in Mayhem Clash using Stormcaller

Tier 5 Intellect, Electrostatic Mind, Transcendence, Amplitude

Use super - hide - use super - hide - repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Secondly, if you have the Jolly Holliday quest it can be completed pretty easily in Mayhem Clash using Stormcaller

Or use the Cuhlcannon Gunslinger Hunter method (tm) of Tier 5 discipline, Young Ahamakara's Spine gloves for increased Tripmine duration.

Tripmine laser show!

Or use the Cuhlcannon Gunslinger Hunter method (tm) of Tier 5 discipline, Young Ahamakara's Spine gloves for increased Tripmine duration.

Tripmine laser show!

Does that result in as many consecutive kill streaks to be of Great use in the Jolly Holliday quest?

Like I can see how you'd get many many kills, but are you going to avoid many many deaths

dfc945c5497362b7a316c17ef6316531.jpg

Mayhem Clash is on this week for anyone struggling with getting their PvP Sword Kills for the quest

Not only does heavy ammo spawn more often, enemies also drop it when you kill them which makes it easier to get your sword kills.

Good for finishing (getting super kills) the subclass crucible quests as well.

Tripmine laser show!

Yeah, we should get 6 GS hunters together and go to town on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Does that result in as many consecutive kill streaks to be of Great use in the Jolly Holliday quest?

Like I can see how you'd get many many kills, but are you going to avoid many many deaths

So it has to do with the amount of deaths you have that brings you down the %.

I'm trying to get this on my huter ATM but it's soooo hard. Got it up to 10% previously but am back to 4% again.

Seems a bit impossible for me :(

• Advertisement

If only SRL was still around.

PlainP wrote: »

I'm trying to get this on my huter ATM but it's soooo hard. Got it up to 10% previously but am back to 4% again.

Yeah it's a pain. You can equip the last word only when you are going to use your super or use a heavy; get some kills and the un-equip it before you die. Another thing to do is only equip it when you are just about to win a match - you'll get progress for the win (as long as you don't die before the match ends).
    SRL was great for the getting that bounty done; equip it when racing. However we have no idea when, or if, that is coming back.

PlainP wrote: »

What matters most is:

Streaks (raises it)
    Getting 2 kills for every deaths (seems to keep it even)
    Wins (3% increase)
    Loses (5% decrease).

I tried it for a ages using other methods (camping heavy etc) But honestly Mayhem Clash is the way to go. Just stay hidden till your super is up. It's sneaky, but effective. I got it done in about 4 games total. And generally WRECKED the shop for those 4 games since I was primarily stormcalling or hiding. Even if I didn't get heavy, I'd watch the kill feed until a few of the enemies died. This was the same run where I was just tearing up the place. This was the match right after I got the 7th Column

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4027675378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,229 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What matters most is:

Streaks (raises it)
    Wins (3% increase)
    Loses (5% decrease).

I tried it for a ages using other methods (camping heavy etc) But honestly Mayhem Clash is the way to go. Just stay hidden till your super is up. It's sneaky, but effective. I got it done in about 4 games total. And generally WRECKED the shop for those 4 games since I was premaritally storm calling or hiding. Even if I didn't get heavy, I'd watch the kill feed until a few of the enemies died. This was the same run where I was just tearing up the place. This was the match right after I got the 7th Column

You got a 7th column?

What matters most is:

Streaks (raises it)
    Wins (3% increase)
    Loses (5% decrease).

I tried it for a ages using other methods (camping heavy etc) But honestly Mayhem Clash is the way to go. Just stay hidden till your super is up. It's sneaky, but effective. I got it done in about 4 games total. And generally WRECKED the shop for those 4 games since I was primarily stormcalling or hiding. Even if I didn't get heavy, I'd watch the kill feed until a few of the enemies died. This was the same run where I was just tearing up the place. This was the match right after I got the 7th Column

There it is! :D

You got a 7th column?

Well you know me, I don't like to bring it up.....
    There it is! :D

Well that match I listed in the other post was in the same map and was the very next time I played Mayhem (a month later, same load out) so I was just trying to show that it's a good approach consistently.
    You guys know I am REALLY reluctant to even change from Voidwalker in PvP but Stormcaller in Mayhem is OP as f**k: http://destinytracker.com/dg/4410499837

I mean one could go EVEN cheesier and basically get a streak at the start of the match (Tier 5 INT is critical for this) and then leave the lobby.

I mean, I did that a few times when I got my Quest to about 65%+
    Electrostatic Mind is what MADE that build though (Super Charges faster when allies are nearby)

Start map, where are MOST of my team mates running to? (usually Cap point B), run that way, pop 1st super in the game of 12 players, get kills, profit

Well you know me, I don't like to bring it up.....much

FYP

I'll do Golg later Petking. Probably be on after 7:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Yeah it's a pain. You can equip the last word only when you are going to use your super or use a heavy; get some kills and the un-equip it before you die. Another thing to do is only equip it when you are just about to win a match - you'll get progress for the win (as long as you don't die before the match ends).
    SRL was great for the getting that bounty done; equip it when racing. However we have no idea when, or if, that is coming back.
    What matters most is:

Streaks (raises it)
    Wins (3% increase)
    Loses (5% decrease).

Ok so I will try all this later on.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Anyone up for doing 6-player PvP with Year 1 weapons ONLY for the laugh at some stage?

Yes and I'm also in for Nev's suggestion of the 6 GS's and would like to add the following to the schedule.

6 x burning warlocks with Thorn :eek:

#maximumfrustrationnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yes and I'm also in for Nev's suggestion of the 6 GS's and would like to add the following to the schedule.

#maximumfrustrationnight
    Got wrecked by this setup in Rumble during the week. I was so salty :|
    Lets do it :)
    I mean, I did that a few times when I got my Quest to about 65%+
    Electrostatic Mind is what MADE that build though (Super Charges faster when allies are nearby)

We could also do 6 Stormtrance Warlocks, stay at spawn until we get Supers, everyone wears Light Beyond Nemesis (loads of orbs) - kill and then spawn kill the other team!

I'd be on for this hate inducing PvP - could only go Thursday evening from 7pm or Friday from late (midnight - after Batman vs Superman...).

Probably won't be on tonight (no raiding!! nooooooooo)

Count me in for this PvP hate mail baiting fun.

(Must lvl light beyond)

dudeeile wrote: »

#maximumfrustrationnight

We could also do 6 Stormtrance Warlocks, stay at spawn until we get Supers, everyone wears Light Beyond Nemesis (loads of orbs) - kill and then spawn kill the other team!

I like where this is going!

6 hammers?

See the leaderboards on Bungie.net?

JCD with a game that would put even a 7th column to shame!

381127.jpg

and el senior with an oddly long lifespan!

381126.jpg

Sort it bungo!

I will point out that JCD got stuck in love of those never-ending games of 3v3 :D

Also, please to be link providing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

w6x7mvubpwvKM.gif

6 blinking shotgunners. Other team be lilke
    358.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just a reminder that the twitch stream starts in one hour at 6pm.
    Stream at http://twitch.tv/bungie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement