Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just a reminder that the twitch stream starts in one hour at 6pm.
    Stream at http://twitch.com/bungie

What part of the update are they talking about tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What part of the update are they talking about tonight?

The new activities. Next week is the new gear. In two weeks is the Crucible and Sandbox.

The next two streams are at 7pm. This weeks is at 6pm due to America already being on Daylight Savings Time, which we don't switch to until Saturday night.

The new activities. Next week is the new gear. In two weeks is the Crucible and Sandbox.

The next two streams are at 7pm. This weeks is at 6pm due to America already being on Daylight Savings Time, which we don't switch to until Saturday night.

Coolio. Hopefully train will be somewhere I can get a signal.

Coolio. Hopefully train will be somewhere I can get a signal.

Should be wifi on the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    I will point out that JCD got stuck in love of those never-ending games of 3v3 :D

Also, please to be link providing

Some say he's still there!

stig2.jpg

• Advertisement

5mins until stream.

New LL is 335. New PoE confirmed. Archon Priest strike Y2 version.

Variks has a new item. Challenge of the Elders entry card. Plus PoE bounties.

PS exclusive mission with Petra.

New strike on moon. Malok.

No more big chest keys required for new PoE.

And that seems to be all the new pve stuff. No raid updates it seems :(

Titan armour very Robocopish, looks good.

Sterling treasure?

Some way to upgrade LL it seems, have to wait until next week for confirmation, (AKA Etheric Light)

Finally, checkpoints for POE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,229 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So Bungie not learning from their mistakes, imo.

New PoE, not an update to even the Kings Fall raid - so add some stuff, take away the main focal point of the previous iteration.

Whatever about Crota and VoG, making Kings Fall relatively irrelevant is a mistake. We need MORE stuff to play, not the same amount but new.

So Bungie not learning from their mistakes, imo.

New PoE, not an update to even the Kings Fall raid - so add some stuff, take away the main focal point of the previous iteration.

Whatever about Crota and VoG, making Kings Fall relatively irrelevant is a mistake. We need MORE stuff to play, not the same amount but new.

Very surprising to be bypassing KF already. Even the challenge modes are now obsolete, they can still add higher LL gear to the challenge but I don't expect this from the way they seem to be pushing POE again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yay, can't wait to grind for more gear to try and hit the relevant light levels. Just go back to year 1 armor values and be done with it. Such a pathetic effort at content stretching.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Very surprising to be bypassing KF already. Even the challenge modes are now obsolete, they can still add higher LL gear to the challenge but I don't expect this from the way they seem to be pushing POE again.

based on the stream running the challenge mode twice per week (or three/four times) per character will be ultimately rewarding so rather than three Raid runs you could have 9 or so PoE runs, but still.... its new content but it is a very grindy way of trying to end the draught.

Wonder if it is luck or the dev environment that the weapon they got was 335. If it is guaranteed then hitting the weekly goals will get you a top level weapon and armor.

Very underwhelming

well, to be fair to them.... it IS bigger than anything since TTK dropped, which is all that was promised!

It certainly doesn't have me hyped though. From what they have said the level 41 PoE will be of little use for a lot of us here, as they said 320Light is the max you can get from the 41 version. So in terms of new content giving high level items, its only the challenge mode that is going to offer me anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Given it's all free content I'll take it.

Interested to see what the other 2 updates hold in store (Subclass Rebalancing / Weapon Tweaking were mentioned)

What we got there content wise was:
    Max Light Level 335
    Level 41 LL 260 PoE (With Taken)
    Level 42 LL 320 PoE Hoard/Point Scoring mode (With Taken, Modifiers and Bosses)
    A Re-done/Takenified Version of Winters Run / Archon Priest
    A New Mission
    4 (or more) New Quests relating to Petra/Variks
    A Brand New Strike???

Interested to see what the other 2 updates hold in store (Subclass Rebalancing / Weapon Tweaking were mentioned)

Max Light Level 335
    A New Mission
    A Brand New Strike???
    Plus the shader hacks on the weapons, which was the icons they wouldn't scroll over on the sniper rifle.

Max Light Level 335
    A New Mission
    A Brand New Strike???

I think they needed to add new, relevant end game content to what we have, to give us new and more choices. For end level gear, we only have the challenge mode and Trials (assuming you will be able to get 335 stuff from there too).

IMO, more choice was needed, not a replacement. No point in doing the raid anymore apart from having a laugh - the loot from it will be useless, even as infusion fuel.

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/AprilUpdate

The items dropped in Heroic Strikes, Kings Fall, Iron Banner, Trials will all increase too - wonder to what level.

You can't get 320 items from Heroic Strikes at the moment, so I could see them increase to the 320 range - and trials should have the chance to drop at 335 (same with Iron Banner) but does it mean Kings fall will have the chance to drop 335 too? interesting if so.... Raid will progressively become easier and drop higher level gear. Still a reason to play it, so my main issue with this update would be wiped away with that.

• Advertisement

From that update.
    Kingsfall Hard drops increased to light level 330. Court of Oryx Artifact Drops increased to light level 335

From that update.

You forgot Kings Fall normal increased to 320 as well. Nice to see them making the CoO relevant again with it being where you get the 335 artifacts.

From that update.

didn't spot that.

April update gets the thumbs up from me so - a genuine increase in the amount of activities to run, which is what I wanted. Challenge mode should be good fun, for a while at least.

Of the two updates flagged, this was pointed at to be significantly smaller than the one later in the year.

Now.... i will fear the sandbox and crucible changes coming; i've only just become competent on this version of it!

didn't spot that.

April update gets the thumbs up from me so - a genuine increase in the amount of activities to run, which is what I wanted. Challenge mode should be good fun, for a while at least.

Of the two updates flagged, this was pointed at to be significantly smaller than the one later in the year.

Now.... i will fear the sandbox and crucible changes coming; i've only just become competent on this version of it!

I'd say those shader hacks will change it up a good bit. Going by the description they seem to add Technical and "Pleasure" changes there will be perks available on them.

You forgot Kings Fall normal increased to 320 as well.

Forgot or skipped over?

Forgot or skipped over?

Both :p

More details about the update here in a Games Informer interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

6 hammers?

And just before we fly in, we send everyone on the opposite team a message saying "It's Hammer Time!".

And just before we fly in, we send everyone on the opposite team a message saying "It's Hammer Time!".

Why stop with a text message. Break out those parachute pants.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must also equip the Hammer Time dance emote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well no one is bloody online for Hammer time.

Also, I'm always happy with free content :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement