Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well no one is bloody online for Hammer time.

Also, I'm always happy with free content :)
    well, i'll be on in an hour or so. if that is of any use.

Generic(and by Generic, I mean Cormac), fantastic emote suggestion over on Reddit :D
    link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lads, this 6 person Stormcaller thing is both game breaking and f**king hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Lads, this 6 person Stormcaller thing is both game breaking and f**king hilarious

It did get a bit unfair at times. 16 still the killstreak to beat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Didnt make it on last night but ill be up for some raiding tonight :D

• Advertisement

I'll be on early tonight - have a check list of stuff to do!

1. Do the easy daily bounties (5 of the 6 can be done on Venus, the last a quick jaunt to kill 10 Hive majors on earth)
    2. Exoctic Sword strike - will be looking for two people to help out on that, horrible fecking strike!
    3. A Goggleballs or three.
    4. MAYHEM CLASH STORMCALLER UNFAIR ASS WHUPPING CRUCIBLE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'll be on for this again tonight - had to log off early due to real life obligations :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll be on early tonight - have a check list of stuff to do!

1. Do the easy daily bounties (5 of the 6 can be done on Venus, the last a quick jaunt to kill 10 Hive majors on earth)
    2. Exoctic Sword strike - will be looking for two people to help out on that, horrible fecking strike!
    3. A Goggleballs or three.

Ill be on early enough, I'll do the bounties and sword quest with ya if you want. I like farming that mission for exotics cos I always get one in there :P

Last nights W/L Stats

Mayhem Clash
    3 Stormcallers
    Alpha Bravo
    90,650 104,750 Victory
    110,050 83,050 Defeat
    112,200 98,900 Defeat
    93,600 111,500 Victory
    88,550 101,700 Defeat
    110,600 63,500 Victory
    5 Stormcallers
    110,600 56,350 Victory
    6 Stormcallers
    20,150 68,950 Victory Mercied
    64,450 110,050 Victory
    110,800 50,850 Victory
    83,300 103,950 Victory
    83,000 112,550 Victory
    110,550 82,200 Victory
    110,100 55,250 Victory
    110,700 83,000 Victory
    110,800 75,800 Victory
    111,300 104,400 Victory
    91,200 112,450 Defeat

12 wins on the trot, 10 of which with 6 Stormcallers. That last game, Alpha had a fireteam of 4 Stormcallers, who bailed when they saw we where running the same setup, so start of match was 6v2. I'm putting the loss down to the fact it was pushing 2am and we all kinda got a bit overconfident and lackadaisical.

Over all the games with 5+ Stormcallers we were 1.41 times the the other teams score.

And yes, the fact the other group with 4 Stormcallers left as soon as they saw what us 6 were up was pretty telling :pac:

Here was my stats for the whole night, including the initial few games before we began the Stormcaller push

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadhead?mode=26&startDate=2016-03-23&endDate=2016-03-24&characterId=0

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    15 19 332 126 195 1.70 2.35 78.95%

Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score
    188 3 12 2h 18m 19s 24,487

Weapon Kills:

Truth = 50
    Primary = 46
    Sidearm = 15

56% of my Kills were Supers

• Advertisement

7 7 76 36 37 2.05 3.03 100%

56 of those 76 kills were Supers.

13 17 215 94 165 1.30 1.87 76.47%

Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score
    120 5 9 2h 5m 44s 18,129

7 7 76 36 37 2.05 3.03 100%

Strike while the iron is hot eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

2. Exoctic Sword strike - will be looking for two people to help out on that, horrible fecking strike

I need to grab 13 kills in Mayhem Clash then I'd run it with you if I can make it in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Chimp logs off, Mitch takes his place - win percent goes to 100%... Coincidence..?

PetKing wrote: »
    I need to grab 13 kills in Mayhem Clash then I'd run it with you if I can make it in time.

Do you not also need to do the materials farming after your crucible kills? Or have you cheesed past that?

Generic(and by Generic, I mean Cormac), fantastic emote suggestion over on Reddit :D
    link

My favourite response that I woke up to today
    You know the Destiny community lame and racist when you make a topic suggesting a Dab emote and you get downvoted to hell but then some lame person comes up with this and it gets 1243 up votes? Yet we got all the white people, black, mexican, and muslim people in the world dabbing. Yet y'all want a "Swan Lake" emote? Like really? We got hotline bling. Why not the Dab? Lame ass community.

Like.... really?.... what a f**king moron :pac:

My favourite response that I woke up to today

Like.... really?.... what a f**king moron :pac:

Maybe it's my age, but what in the blue hell is a "Dab"?, and my head hurts reading what he said.

Maybe it's my age, but what in the blue hell is a "Dab" and my head hurts reading what he said.

Im not with the lingo either, we are old timers im afraid haha

Maybe it's my age, but what in the blue hell is a "Dab"?, and my head hurts reading what he said.

Concentrated Cannibis Oil for lack of a better/longer/more detailed explanation.

In alcohol terms If you consider a joint of weed/hash to be like a pint/bottle of 3.3% beer a dab is more like Absinthe

• Advertisement

And the celebration here:

I liked my explanation better :pac:

I don't get some of these new moves.... they aren't iconic... they are dumb... guess it's all these damn youngsters they need to cater to.

That Hotline Bling one is...... ugh

Concentrated Cannibis Oil for lack of a better/longer/more detailed explanation.

In alcohol terms If you consider a joint of weed/has to be like a pint/bottle of 3.3% beer a dab is more like Absinthe

Nah - its a celebratory dance movie.

Carolina Panthers (and Cam Newton in particular) made a thing of it last season.

Jesse Lingard does it at United.

Have a look online and you will see suited white american political types or high powered professionals do it awkwardly - particularly if they are involved in NFL in some way or at some NFL event.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

It is where you head-bop your elbow!
    I have no clue where it came from, but Cam Newton (NFL - quarterback) does it...alot. I guess that is why it is a thing on Reddit?

Edit: I see Conovar has it all covered above.

Whoosh! :)

I liked my explanation better :pac:

I don't get some of these new moves.... they aren't iconic... they are dumb... guess it's all these damn youngsters they need to cater to.

That Hotline Bling one is...... ugh

tJ8smuY.jpg

That is one of the stupidest things I've seen.

Gimme a Robbie Keane Cartwheel-tumble-shootanarrow emote.

KEANE-CARTWHEEL.gif

That is one of the stupidest things I've seen.

When I saw what Hotline Bling was my face was actually like this -> :pac:

When I saw what Hotline Bling was my face was actually like this -> :pac:

That's a $hit one too.

• Advertisement

If they could somehow add this as an emote, I'd pay for it. Especially useful for shenanigans like last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement