Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That's a $hit one too.

Yes, I was most assumed that the youths thought this was a cool thing. Then again it ain't my kind of music.

I suppose it's like that fiend Usher... but 10 years later

Now, would I buy a Twenty One Pilots 2 person special handshake... maybe... maybe I would :)

@00:40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, I was most assumed that the youths thought this was a cool thing. Then again it ain't my kind of music.

I suppose it's like that fiend Usher... but 10 years later

Now, would I buy a Twenty One Pilots 2 person special handshake... maybe... maybe I would :)

@00:40

Ah don't get me started on those special handshake things. :mad:

This is me on handshakes: @0.44

And does yourman have his hands completely tattooed? Or is he just filthy? Tattooed gloves?

And does yourman have his hands completely tattooed? Or is he just filthy? Tattooed gloves?

It's marker/paint afaik.

I asked the same question myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Do you not also need to do the materials farming after your crucible kills? Or have you cheesed past that?

Bollocks to that then! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    Bollocks to that then! :(

ah the mats part won't take you much more than 5 or 6 hours of tedium

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote:

It's the Mars chest run for void. I know the route all too well. I usually bang on an album or two and get it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's the Mars chest run for void. I know the route all too well. I usually bang on an album or two and get it done

I knew the route but it still took hours. Think I only got one mat in my first hour.

Aim down sights with a Sniper while you have a Ghost equipped with Detect Relic Iron.

Also, do NOT stay in the same area, the node-respawn timer is longer than it takes to do a lap of the map and hit up the main 4 areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »

If you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

WTF ??????
    If they could somehow add this as an emote, I'd pay for it. Especially useful for shenanigans like last night.

• Advertisement

Handy table for what Exotics can roll what stats (i.e. certain ones being locked to Strength etc)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vu5sq/list_of_exotic_armors_with_possible_stat_rolls/

Name Pure Split First Row Second Row Notes
    Chest Armor
    Alchemist's Raiment INT INT+DIS/STR Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo Burn Defense/any Mandatory INT
    ATS/8 Tarantella INT/DIS INT/DIS any Arc Defense/Arc Armor no STR
    Crest of Alpha Lupi (H) INT INT+DIS/STR any Burn Defense/any Mandatory INT
    Crest of Alpha Lupi (T) INT INT+DIS/STR any Burn Recovery/any Mandatory INT
    Heart of the Praxic Fire INT/DIS INT/DIS any Burn Defense/Solar Armor no STR
    Lucky Raspberry DIS DIS+INT/STR any Burn Recovery/Arc Armor Mandatory DIS
    Purifier Robes INT INT+DIS/STR Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo Burn Defense/Solar Armor Mandatory INT
    Starfire Protocol DIS DIS+INT/STR Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo Burn Defense/Solar Armor Mandatory DIS
    The Armamentarium DIS DIS+INT/STR Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo Burn Recovery/any Mandatory DIS
    Twilight Garrison - INT/DIS/STR Special Ammo/ Heavy Ammo Burn Recovery/any
    Voidfang Vestments DIS DIS+INT/STR any Burn Defense/Void Armor Mandatory DIS
    Gauntlets
    ACD/0 Feedback Fence STR STR+INT/DIS Rain Blows/any Primary Loader/Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    Claws of Ahamkara STR STR+INT/DIS Snap Discharge/any Primary Loader/Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    Don't Touch Me STR STR+INT/DIS Switchblade/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    Immolation Fists INT/STR INT/STR Rain Blows/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader no DIS
    Khepri's Sting STR STR+INT/DIS Switchblade/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    No Backup Plans STR STR+INT/DIS Rain Blows/any Shotgun Loader/ Heavy Loader Mandatory STR (noticing a trend here?)
    Nothing Manacles DIS DIS+INT/STR Energy Projection/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory DIS (thank god no STR)
    Ophidian Aspect STR STR+INT/DIS Snap Discharge/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    Ruin Wings - INT/DIS/STR any Heavy Loader/ Primary+Secondary Loader
    Sealed Ahamkara Grasps STR STR+INT/DIS Switchblade/any Secondary Loader/ Heavy Loader Mandatory STR
    Shinobu's Vow DIS DIS+INT/STR Fastball/any Primary Loader/ Secondayr+Heavy Loader Mandatory DIS
    Sunbreakers DIS DIS+INT/STR Energy Projection/any Primary Loader/ Secondayr+Heavy Loader Mandatory DIS
    Thagomizers INT/STR INT/STR Rain Blows/any Primary Loader/ Secondary+Heavy Loader no DIS
    The Impossible Machines STR STR+INT/DIS Snap Discharge/any Primary Loader/ Secondar+Heavy Loader Mandatory STR (why, bungie, why?)
    Young Ahamkara's Spine DIS DIS+INT/STR Fastball/any Primary Loader/ Secondar+Heavy Loader Mandatory DIS
    Helmets
    Achlyophage Symbiote INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    An Insurmountable Skullfort STR STR+INT/DIS Invigoration Hands-On/any Mandatory STR
    Apotheosis Veil INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Astrocyte Verse STR STR+INT/DIS any any Mandatory STR
    ATS/8 ARACHNID INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Celestial Nighthawk INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Empyrean Bellicose - INT/DIS/STR any any Row 1 any except Invigoration
    Eternal Warrior INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Graviton Forfeit INT INT+DIS/STR any any/Heavy Lifting Mandatory INT
    Helm of Inmost Light INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Helm of Saint-14 INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Knucklehead Radar - INT/DIS/STR any any/Inverse Shadow
    Light Beyond Nemesis INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Mask of the Third Man INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Obsidian Mind INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara INT/STR INT/STR Invigoration Hands-On/any no DIS
    Skyburners Annex INT INT+DIS/STR any any/Heavy Lifting Mandatory INT
    The Glasshouse INT INT+DIS/STR any any Mandatory INT
    The Ram STR STR+INT/DIS Invigoration or Infusion any Mandatory STR; Row 2 any except Ashes to Assets
    THE STAG - INT/DIS/STR any any -
    The Taikonaut - INT/DIS/STR any any/Heavy Lifting
    Boots
    Bones of Eao - INT/DIS/STR any any -
    Dunemarchers - INT/DIS/STR any any -
    Fr0st-EE5 - INT/DIS/STR any any -
    Mk. 44 Stand Asides - INT/DIS/STR Arc Double Down any -
    Peregrine Greaves - INT/DIS/STR Arc Double Down any -
    Radiant Dance Machines - INT/DIS/STR All three Double Down perks any -
    Transversive Steps - INT/DIS/STR any Special Ammo/Heavy Ammo -

Mcsirl wrote: »
    WTF ??????

Can't believe you've never seen that vid.

After a quick Wikipedia search, it is known as Russia's .....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Can't believe you've never seen that vid.

After a quick Wikipedia search, it is known as Russia's .....

Can't believe you just Rick-Rolled me !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

This Warlock and Titan armour is class

The Warlock armour makes me think of Tron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    This Warlock and Titan armour is class

That glowing effect, and the taken one are not a result of the armor its the new shader hacks. Shader hacks can also be used on your weapons as represented by the new row of nodes on the weapons.

Edit: Also Iron Banana Control from Tuesday.

One of the lads was saying last night that you shouldn't pop 3oC's ever. Apparently it reduces the chances of others in your fireteam getting exotic drops. This seems legit as I'm not happy with my drop rate. I think it should be added to clan charter. I don't see the info on this on Reddit but I'm sure it's there.

One of the lads was saying last night that you shouldn't pop 3oC's ever. Apparently it reduces the chances of others in your fireteam getting exotic drops. This seems legit as I'm not happy with my drop rate. I think it should be added to clan charter. I don't see the info on this on Reddit but I'm sure it's there.

Who said that?

I want names, I want to know who to avoid playing with :D

That's TOTAL rubbish btw

EDIT: also, it's not visible on Reddit or anywhere cause it's simply untrue. Think of the whole "Opening the Spirit Bloom chest causes not Exotics to drop in VoG" thing.... That took like 6 months to dispel despite proof it was not the case. Some people just make s**t up to have something to complain about. If there's no "proof" or analytical/statistical data over a LARGE tested cross section, I'm not buying it. Again, it's TOTAL rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

If you pop a 3OC AND open the VOG spirit bloom chest, it will un-install the game from the consoles of your fireteam members.

nevelator wrote: »
    If you pop a 3OC AND open the VOG spirit bloom chest, it will un-install the game from the consoles of your fireteam members.

Anyone fancy running VoG later???? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

One of the lads was saying last night that you shouldn't pop 3oC's ever.

Everytime we went into Oryxs shade we all called out "popping 3 of Coins" - there was an audible sigh heard, every single time :)

I hope to god someone told this person the were wrong.... why does it always fall to me to be the bad guy :(

BTW: we tried, 6 Hammer Bros is total garbage compared to 6 Stormcallers.... we actually lost.... Booooooo!!!!

Cormac... wrote:
    I hope to god someone told this person the were wrong.... why does it always fall to me to be the bad guy

I would like to arrange this match made event! :D

Cormac... wrote:
    BTW: we tried, 6 Hammer Bros is total garbage compared to 6 Stormcallers.... we actually lost.... Booooooo!!!!

I'm not buying Cuhlcannon's trip mine fest either. Stormcaller or get off the pot.

This is how clans end up falling apart :/

I'm not buying Cuhlcannon's trip mine fest either. Stormcaller or get off the pot.

Played a few games as a gunslinger. I found it depends on the map. On twilight gap, I lit up that area between A & C with tripmines. I got 19 grenade kills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

came across Nev in a game of Control last night - took great pleasure in killing him! :-D

Only actually coped it was him just as I shot him - and had to check the kill feed to be sure.Gave him a conciliatory wave afterwards, then got domed by a sniper.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=4803750464&characterId=2305843009285937875

came across Nev in a game of Control last night - took great pleasure in killing him! :-D

Only actually coped it was him just as I shot him - and had to check the kill feed to be sure.Gave him a conciliatory wave afterwards, then got domed by a sniper.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=4803750464&characterId=2305843009285937875

I was saying to a group afterwards that you Jade Rabbited the bejaysus outta me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Well I've done it, thanks to all the lads who were amazingly patient as we made it through HM last night. Learned loads and had great fun on the way.

Got myself tons of nice new gear, 320 chest piece, 319 gloves, 320 cloak, 320 artifact, smite of Merrian and more. It was as definitely worth it (hard mode) and I can't wait to jump straight back in again.

Thanks again lads :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement