Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

PlainP wrote:
    Got myself tons of nice new gear, 320 chest piece, 319 gloves, 320 cloak, 320 artifact, smite of Merrian and more. It was as definitely worth it (hard mode) and I can't wait to jump straight back in again.

I believe I heard Knave saying it as you listed off all your loot... You jammy bastard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

PetKing wrote: »
    I believe I heard Knave saying it as you listed off all your loot... You jammy bastard!!

Oh I don't know, I'm sure there was some skill involved somewhere along the way.....not really though. I hadn't finished it in NM so maybe it was overcompensating or something?!

He (Oryx) got the best reach around of his life last night. I'm sure he's still bragging about it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Hit level 50 with Rahool and he finally gave me the God of War shader. It sucks that some shaders are in the hands of RNG, especially when the drop rate is so low.

PlainP wrote:
    He (Oryx) got the best reach around of his life last night. I'm sure he's still bragging about it.

Oh Jaysus I'd forgotten about that :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am dying today, that bloody "Lost hour" was a kick in the balls. Made the whole experience 6.5 hours long.

Delighted we got him done though, love raids like that where you finally get it all to sync up

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4804068734

• Advertisement

As you can see, the team that grabs B-first wins more often (got this in my Bungie e-mail)

Bline_chart.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only 3 people needed to cap a point at max speed - so possible tactic is 1 person on your spawn capture point, 3 to point B and the remaining 2 provide cover for the people capturing B.

It's crazy..... but it just might work

Make sure to get your 3x top-3 places in Mayhem Rumble now before IB takes it's place at ~6pm cause it will be booted out in favour of IB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I guess I'll be on IB all week so :P

Got a lot of Exotic drops over the weekend out of 3oC strangely enough and it was a rate of 1 in 4 they were dropping.
    Guess my 3oC wont work now for a few months haha

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Got a lot of Exotic drops over the weekend out of 3oC strangely enough and it was a rate of 1 in 4 they were dropping.

F**ks sake, now no one in the Clan will get any drops until May

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    F**ks sake, now no one in the Clan will get any drops until May

Actually by using a super dooper sexy table I was able to work out that the clan wont get any drops until the 3rd of June......... :pac:

Funny hearing everyone giving out about the 3oC during the raid that it messes up the loot drops etc.

Yeah, it's funny when people talk rubbish

I should know, I talk a lot of rubbish

:pac:

Ah a few times its been gas, a few of the lads will cheekily say "Dont forget the 3oC" and theres always 1 that will moan and say no dont do it haha

But you can also admit to talking said rubbish :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It's like making everyone gather around the exotic chest in VOG and opening at exactly the same time, also not touching any other chest and being EXTREMELY anal about.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The Nightfall is a handy one this week, small arms + arc burn = Zhalo Supercell. Vex consumable yolk for more glimmer and a chance for the Imago Loop to drop.

Sweet, I've been wanting a new Sparrow Horn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Or a sweet, sweet Vanguard ghost!

Or a sweet, sweet Vanguard ghost!

I got 300 gauntlets 3 legendary marks from it last night!

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    I got 300 gauntlets 3 legendary marks 30% of a pack of 20 Helium Filaments from it last night!

FTFY

Jumped in with my Zhalo at the end of a mates solo NF, got 15 3oC's for my 12 kills. Job done! :p

Jumped in with my Zhalo at the end of a mates solo NF, got 15 3oC's for my 12 kills. Job done! :p

Brilliant haha, ill do a few later on so :P

got 15 3oC's

That's actually the worst reward I can think of... This is like going to work and being paid in lottery tickets.

That's actually the worst reward I can think of... This is like going to work and being paid in lottery tickets.

Well if I scratched off a 250,000 card today I would be happy :P

15 3oC saves you 21 Strange Coins :P

That's the point - they didn't even give Strange Coins. Strange Coins are used for other things:
    Buying Exotic weapons or armour.
    Buying Exotic engrams to use as infusion fuel.
    Buying Synths - for game play.
    Buying Synths - which can be used to power level a faction.
    Buying 3oCs.

3oC are only used for 1 thing - grinding playlists activity.

When you're rewarded with 3oC they're basically saying "Congrats on running that gruelling game mode, now go grind Crucible / Strike playlist for the chance of an actual reward."

It just goes to further prove the NF reward system is really broken.

End of rant :)

"Hey, you won RNG, here's another RNG dice, now go roll it!"

"Hey, you won RNG, here's another RNG dice, now go roll it!"

<insert xzibit meme here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    <insert xzibit meme here>

QOJvyxL.jpg

• Advertisement