Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

dudeeile wrote: »
    Don't forget me, the Defender! I'm great fun too and your friends WILL love me!
    Yeah, I've mainly being doing solo stuff (only done a handful of strikes) so it's been of kinda limited use to me most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Just played a game of Mayhem Rumble, trying to rack up the void ability kills on my hunter. Using Atheon's Epilogue which (unbelievably) is beastly now! Persistance, glass half full, perfect balance, big magazine. For us Doctor of Passionless folk it's a pretty good imitation. Anyway... Playing on Vertigo and this Defender has set up camp at the B spawn in front on the portal. Chilling out he was with a special ammo crate in his bubble. Inviting anyone in to play. Bubble on top of bubble he kept casting, and nodoby could get him. At least none of the classes in our set up. I was a Nightstalker, only thought of it afterwards to change to Bladedancer and try to wipe him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Fieldog wrote: »

Ah ffs. The exclusivity **** is still going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

quad_red wrote: »
    Ah ffs. The exclusivity **** is still going.

And it will be for at least another 3 years or so until the deal runs out - possibly mid Destiny 2 at the rate we are going at - hopefully then they get rid of it - it makes no sense either, especially from a development point of view....

They still haven't specifically stated not making Destiny 2 for the 360/PS3, they would be mental to devote teams to making a previous gen version at this rate, if Activision hound them for one then outsource that **** at the end of dev cycle....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote:
    They still haven't specifically stated not making Destiny 2 for the 360/PS3, they would be mental to devote teams to making a previous gen version at this rate, if Activision hound them for one then outsource that **** at the end of dev cycle....

As I understand it, the size of the roamable patrol areas was drastically reduced along with vault space etc to accommodate the ps3/360. I hope they leave them behind at this stage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It would be a bit odd at this stage to hamstring map sizes to cater for what's, at this point, very outdated systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

PetKing wrote: »
    As I understand it, the size of the roamable patrol areas was drastically reduced along with vault space etc to accommodate the ps3/360. I hope they leave them behind at this stage

Thats what i never understood, it makes no sense :/

The satisfaction of my 100th skirmish win, and my 5000th shotgun kill, was the icing on the cake of a whole load of tbagging of this one guy, who tbagged me once in the previous match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Hype Time!

Hey Lads, can someone adds me back to the chat ?

New internet, Love story with fallout 4 over ( oooh the bitterness ) time to have a look at what's new!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hype Time!

New internet, Love story with fallout 4 over ( oooh the bitterness ) time to have a look at what's new!

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hype Time!

Sorry, no backsies gt! :pac:

Did you change internet provider?

Saw you dipping your toe with some solo Crota the other week. Good to see you back! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Had No Land Beyond drop for me in a match today

My god, does it suck (or at least I suck using it)

Getting kills with it is sweet af though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have fond memories of going doing the Undying Mind Strike for the 1st time with Wes and Benzino when that dropped for one of them and just f**king laughing my ass off at him trying it out.

"Is that as fast as it shoots?" :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Another handy enough nightfall this week, quick grenade re-charge + Armamentarium = grenade's for every thrall in the audience :). Really wish they'd bring back other elemental primary weapons aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

syboit wrote: »
    Another handy enough nightfall this week, quick grenade re-charge + Armamentarium = grenade's for every thrall in the audience :). Really wish they'd bring back other elemental primary weapons aswell.

Yep just knocked out 2 this morning, very handy indeed. On the elemental primary issue, I'm in opposition, that made sh1t way too easy to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yep just knocked out 2 this morning, very handy indeed. On the elemental primary issue, I'm in opposition, that made sh1t way too easy to be fair.
    Also predefined what guns you would use, more variety based in what you like now.

Sorry, no backsies gt! :pac:

Did you change internet provider?

I did! i am with Sky now - it can't be worst than it was with eircom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I did! i am with Sky now - it can't be worst than it was with eircom ;)

You would be surprised at how poor their router is though, you might want to reduce the number of wifi devices connected at a time. The Sky router doesn't really like to have more than 6 connected for stability.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having problems with the PS4 not displaying message notifications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the PS4 not displaying message notifications?

Yep, everyone as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yep, everyone as far as I know.

Yep, on system version 3.50 beta3. Hopefully it will be fixed with the full release of 3.50 tomorrow.

Petking - thanks for carrying me through the nightfall yesterday - i shouldn't have started by that.

went to look for shards then :) it's much easier with the tracker - nearly have 40 then ... will have to spent some time in the court of oryx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Petking - thanks for carrying me through the nightfall yesterday - i shouldn't have started by that.

went to look for shards then :) it's much easier with the tracker - nearly have 40 then ... will have to spent some time in the court of oryx

I found the recommended light level on a lot of the activities on TTK aren't very accurate. It may say recommended light level 280 but you'd struggle even at 310.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I found the recommended light level on a lot of the activities on TTK aren't very accurate. It may say recommended light level 280 but you'd struggle even at 310.

To bloody right. Level 280 Fallen Saber strike, flagged as Very Hard. At 310+ I've never gotten past the poxy warsat at the start. I've all but given up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

To bloody right. Level 280 Fallen Saber strike, flagged as Very Hard. At 310+ I've never gotten past the poxy warsat at the start. I've all but given up on it.

I find it impossible to get past that warsat unless there's a Defender on the team. Toughest part of the strike at the very start!

went to look for shards then it's much easier with the tracker - nearly have 40 then ... will have to spent some time in the court of oryx

Give a shout if you need help with any of the shards, or court of Oryx. It's not as easy as it used to be. Very rare to find randomers there to help you now.

Will do for sure :)

yeah, i found no one yesterday ...

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote:
    I find it impossible to get past that warsat unless there's a Defender on the team. Toughest part of the strike at the very start!

Drop your bubble around 65% on the warsat and you're good to the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement