Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    Give a shout if you need help with any of the shards, or court of Oryx. It's not as easy as it used to be. Very rare to find randomers there to help you now.

Also a great place to get legendaries. If you have any Antiquated Runes, get them charged by running Tier 2 Court and you'll get a load of purples :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

To bloody right. Level 280 Fallen Saber strike, flagged as Very Hard. At 310+ I've never gotten past the poxy warsat at the start. I've all but given up on it.

That warsat is the hardest part of the game I've encountered so far.

Although Ive never done a raid.

So I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bit of a reach, but this job is made easier in a group BUT does anyone need the Grimore for Patrols Introduction: VIP Kills I need 65 more kills and they are not to bad when 3 of you spread out in the Cosmodrome and do 4 or 5 and go back to Orbit. I realise this is an exciting prospect :o

I'll be your friend and I'll say nice things, I can even play soothing whale noises through my headset.
    This is something I've been doing while watching TV recently and many heads make light work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That warsat is the hardest part of the game I've encountered so far.

Although Ive never done a raid.

So I could be wrong.

Without a titan, the warsat is certainly (IMO) is one of the hardest parts of the game.

Even when doing that as a nightfall, I would always Titan up at the start, then swap toons after the warsat part is done. The bubble is just NEEDED.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Bit of a reach, but this job is made easier in a group BUT does anyone need the Grimore for Patrols Introduction: VIP Kills I need 65 more kills and they are not to bad when 3 of you spread out in the Cosmodrome and do 4 or 5 and go back to Orbit. I realise this is an exciting prospect :o

I'll be your friend and I'll say nice things, I can even play soothing whale noises through my headset.
    This is something I've been doing while watching TV recently and many heads make light work

I will definitely do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I will definitely do that.

Yeah, I could probably do with that too. Have another 154 to go myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Without a titan, the warsat is certainly (IMO) is one of the hardest parts of the game.

Even when doing that as a nightfall, I would always Titan up at the start, then swap toons after the warsat part is done. The bubble is just NEEDED.

I do it as my titan, though I've never bothered to level up the defender aspect of the character.

Is it worthwhile?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I do it as my titan, though I've never bothered to level up the defender aspect of the character.

Is it worthwhile?

Defender is the best PVE support class, not as effective in PVP but can still be put to good use.

Righto, if I see ye online and you see my "Patrolling" and you get an invite, you know what's up.

Basically we have 1 of us go to the Steepes/Mothyards/Forgotten Shore (8 beacons) another go to the Divide/RocketYard/Foundry (5 beacons) and the other go to Skywatch (2 beacons) and we just collect all ~15 beacons, and then again when they respawn (if they respawn more VIP ones) and then jump back to Orbit.

It's super fast if you're in a group and keep picking up and abandoning the non-VIP ones so they'll respawn a few mins later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Genuine question: why grind for grimoire?

• Advertisement

Righto, if I see ye online and you see my "Patrolling" and you get an invite, you know what's up.

Basically we have 1 of us go to the Steepes/Mothyards/Forgotten Shore (8 beacons) another go to the Divide/RocketYard/Foundry (5 beacons) and the other go to Skywatch (2 beacons) and we just collect all ~15 beacons, and then again when they respawn (if they respawn more VIP ones) and then jump back to Orbit.

It's super fast if you're in a group and keep picking up and abandoning the non-VIP ones so they'll respawn a few mins later

Plus each VIP kill is multiplied by the fireteam size.

Might be a good idea to set up an event, it will notify you when everyone comes online. You need the 3.50 update for it which is supposed to be out today.

A Neurotic wrote: »

E-Penis posturing, and just something to do to pass the time (I have the TV in the same room and generally watch stuff with the missus while I'm playing non-competitive stuff).

Plus I only need 3 Grimore Cards left (VIPs, Doubles and Rumble).

It's a bit like if you collected 147 out of 150 Riddler Trophies in Batman yanno?

This, I did not know :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Grimore for Patrols Introduction: VIP Kills

As of now I have 69 to do, going on patrol right now though but still interested in this. I've been chipping away at these lately, maybe 3 per day so roughly 10/week at the mo.

A Neurotic wrote: »

A: Because we can
    B: We've done everything else.

What the actual ***************** I did not know this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Might be a good idea to set up an event, it will notify you when everyone comes online. You need the 3.50 update for it which is supposed to be out today.

Update is live... :)

Yeah been experimenting a bit with friends on the beta, works really well...

You can invite whoever is online and they get a reminder on their console, seems to work well.

When the great unwashed start using it, it probably won't work until the 3.51 update.... :/

The only other thing I need to do this week is grind to Rank 3 on House of Judgement with my Titan so I can buy the 5 Variks shaders (as they may well be discontinued after the update)

I'm at 1240/3000

So do any other 2 kinds souls care to do the 32, 34 and 35 PoEs.... You can knock out all 3 in an hour with a group of 3 and don't even need headsets since you can prevent being killed with the Taint by blocking with the Legendary Swords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I might hop online tonight and check out remote play on the laptop - so I'd be up for running around patrol doing these things - probably won't be mic'd up.

The only other thing I need to do this week is grind to Rank 3 on House of Judgement with my Titan so I can buy the 5 Variks shaders (as they may well be discontinued after the update)

121dlj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    So do any other 2 kinds souls care to do the 32, 34 and 35 PoEs.... You can knock out all 3 in an hour with a group of 3 and don't even need headsets since you can prevent being killed with the Taint by blocking with the Legendary Swords

I'm on for an PoE or VIP kills. Only have 59 kills bit more likely to do them in a fireteam, and as ye say, I did not know they multiply in fireteams.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote:

I'm on for an PoE or VIP kills. Only have 59 kills bit more likely to do them in a fireteam, and as ye say, I did not know they multiply in fireteams.

dudeeile wrote: »
    121dlj.jpg

I've about 15 of each type of Token

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

If you are going to be grinding, why not wait until the 12th and get the extra rep?

nevelator wrote: »
    If you are going to be grinding, why not wait until the 12th and get the extra rep?

2 main reasons.

1) There's NOTHING for me to do now (coming 2nd 3 times last night in Rumble was annoying) and likewise for a lot of the guys pottering about online. As of next Tuesday everyone will be busy with Quests/Strikes/PoE etc etc and won't want to do this thankless s**t.

2) The PoE grinding is so I can buy the shaders before they are unavailable forever cause they are pretty cool looking

Cormac... wrote:
    2) The PoE grinding is so I can buy the shaders before they are unavailable forever cause they are pretty cool looking

In fairness, the pastel Variks Spring 2015 collection is hideous.

Cormac... wrote:

PetKing wrote: »

Didn't you get the memo in December?

Hideous is SO IN. It's this seasons Houndstooth

Right, I've set up a seperate chat for our sad a$$e$.... this way out shame can be hidden from the bulk of the PS4 clan

Cormac... wrote:
    Right, I've set up a seperate chat for our sad a$$e$.... this way out shame can be hidden from the bulk of the PS4 clan

Add me... *sob*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

2 main reasons.

1) There's NOTHING for me to do now (coming 2nd 3 times last night in Rumble was annoying) and likewise for a lot of the guys pottering about online. As of next Tuesday everyone will be busy with Quests/Strikes/PoE etc etc and won't want to do this thankless s**t.
    I hear you.

According to Bungie the shaders & ships can still be got via good 'ol RNG after the 12th.

"Datto: In last week's stream, Variks was no longer selling Ships and Shaders from Year One. Will people still be able to get these after the April Update? Or are they gone forever?

They’re not gone forever. You’ll find them in reward packages that you earn when you achieve a new rank with the House of Judgement. Please Variks to earn his old wares. Yesssss?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement