Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So finally took down Oryx last night (Thanks to Wonda, Optimus, Conovar, Eire and Dermo). All in all he went down fairly easily, barring a couple wipes.

Armour: Just missing the Helm, though Arms and Boots are only 300, and Chest and Tea Towel are 304.
    Weapons: 309 Scout (What are peoples opinion on the scout, compared to Hung Jury?), a 310 Fusion, and 307 Sniper and Ghost. Still running with a ****ty 286 Heavy MG (My Heavy luck is non existent).

Also got the 310 Artifact and all the bits required for the ToM. Just need to farm another 37 Hadium Flakes and 12? (33/50) fragments.

Thanks to a couple of duplicate drops for infusion (and some store bought boots), should have the Lock up 290+, ready to pop his KF cherry. Then just worry about the Hunter, who's sitting pretty on lvl 36, the poor sod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hung Jury >Raid Scout Rifle imo

HJ is still one of the better guns in the game. Not a big fan of the Raid Scout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I infused my raid scout into my Not Like Others (with firefly).
    Was not overly impressed with the raid scout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

For PvE against the taken I'd be rocking the raid scout but for everything else Hung Jury.

Did I mention how good I think Hung Jury is.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hung Jury >Raid Scout Rifle imo

HJ is still one of the better guns in the game. Not a big fan of the Raid Scout.

It is an extremely handy gun alright, especially with FireFly.
    nocal wrote: »
    I infused my raid scout into my Not Like Others (with firefly).
    Was not overly impressed with the raid scout.

I like auto fire on Scout's though, thank you VoC, so that and wanting a copy of each raid weapon is why I'm reluctant to infuse it just yet.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    For PvE against the taken I'd be rocking the raid scout but for everything else Hung Jury.

Hung Jury may take a back seat at certain points in the Raid once I get the ToM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:

dudeeile wrote:

You did, and I 'invested wisely' based on your sales pitch. Stuck a raid hand cannon into it, sitting on 307 and haven't looked back. Only swapping out to raid pulse for Taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Have i mentioned the Jade Rabbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:

Or it sights? No. :p

PetKing wrote: »
    Or it sights? No. :p

Ya see the thing is, they actually Look like an Asian Rabbit

Cormac... wrote: »

I infused mine into something over the weekend. Not sure what :confused:

• Advertisement

I infused mine into something over the weekend. Not sure what :confused:

What wine-tier were you on? Break-Up Tier, Divorcee Tier or Widow Tier?

Fecking wine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ToM confuses the hell out me. I keep dying when using it.

Myself and Generic explained that and it's god powers at Sisters & Oryx Friday night. Seriously lad cut down on the wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Myself and Generic explained that and it's god powers at Sisters & Oryx Friday night. Seriously lad cut down on the wine.

That was more like an intervention than a Fireteam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Gimli was screaming, Generic was crying and Optimus was trying to talk some sense into us, sure I didn't know what to do... No wonder my K/D was all over the place!

That was more like an intervention than a Fireteam!

Yeah, I really smashed up my glass-house with all those thrown stones :pac:

That Fallout 3 Rant though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone want to run Kings Fall Hard mode tonight - or Vault of Glass (need to do it for the No Time to Explain quest).

Special shout out to Cormac for taking care of my guardians while I was away - and not junking all my exotics. What a guy!

I even AFK'd you in a Daily Game of Rumble for some marks, before I realised f**k that, I'm setting a precedent here :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    I even AFK'd you in a Daily Game of Rumble for some marks, before I realised f**k that, I'm setting a precedent here :P

Was probably more beneficial to his kd than actually playing, just saying!

Was probably more beneficial to his kd than actually playing, just saying!
    this is true - by not being alive til i'm forced to respawn my average life length increased quite a bit!

• Advertisement

Any advice on the best vendor shotgun available, ideally decent range but quick firing a must. I cannot get to grips with Conspiracy D, not chance of getting a second round off with that yolk.

Edit: anyone using Nm Burden of Proof, Looks decent on paper and might fit the bill.

I am going to run KF normal on PS4 with Chimp tonight at 10 pm. It is about time he popped his King's Fall cherry.

There are spots available, so if you are interested in helping Chimp work out which ship to jump on next, getting him really confused about left and right and front and back, or helping him avoid Golgorth's black balls, then drop me a pm here or on psn.

Any advice on the best vendor shotgun available, ideally decent range but quick firing a must. I cannot get to grips with Conspiracy D, not chance of getting a second round off with that yolk.

Burden of Proof from New Monarchy.

Burden of Proof from New Monarchy.

Yep just checked it out, might be exactly what I need. Struggled in ToO with that Conspiracy shotty, just not my type of gun

I am going to run KF normal on PS4 with Chimp tonight at 10 pm. It is about time he popped his King's Fall cherry.

There are spots available, so if you are interested in helping Chimp work out which ship to jump on next, getting him really confused about left and right and front and back, or helping him avoid Golgorth's black balls, then drop me a pm here or on psn.

i'll give it a run if no KF hard or Atheon are on the go.

Yep just checked it out, might be exactly what I need. Struggled in ToO with that Conspiracy shotty, just not my type of gun

That's a terrible weapon. I'd rather a kick in the balls.

i'll give it a run if no KF hard or Atheon are on the go.

Okey dokey.

I'll join up, if I'm on in time. Have a lock to start on the raid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Are you on ps4 or xbox?

Sorry lads, should have said- Xbox One

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    To get a better idea of support, if someone wants to mention this thread in the actual Destiny thread it might give us a better indication of what people want :)

Any support for this? Yea or Nay
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451164&referrerid=742180

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement