Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why would I rely on RNG when I can just buy the 5 of them, screw that!

Plus it'll be good warm up for PoE next week finishing my grind to rank 3.
    Plus I have some Keys I can use on the chest for the Lols
    Plus I still need my Queenbreakers Bow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Right, I've set up a seperate chat for our sad a$$e$.... this way out shame can be hidden from the bulk of the PS4 clan
    PetKing wrote: »
    Add me... *sob*

shm.gif
    nevelator wrote: »
    I hear you.

According to Bungie the shaders & ships can still be got via good 'ol RNG after the 12th.

"Datto: In last week's stream, Variks was no longer selling Ships and Shaders from Year One. Will people still be able to get these after the April Update? Or are they gone forever?

They’re not gone forever. You’ll find them in reward packages that you earn when you achieve a new rank with the House of Judgement. Please Variks to earn his old wares. Yesssss?"

This right here will do me. Week off from Destiny this week, so no possibility to grind out rep.

2) The PoE grinding is so I can buy the shaders before they are unavailable forever cause they are pretty cool looking

They will be drop from reward packages when you rank Variks up.

They will be drop from reward packages when you rank Variks up.

Ya, see they thing is, I cannot see PoE (post update) holding my attention for more than a few weeks.

We'll be doing 12 PoEs a week (if you have 3 characters)

That s**t is gonna get old fast

I'll be there for the gear and drops, not for the craic

I'm just saying what we're all thinking :P

You better get your KF Raid done this week Fieldog.

Or no one will play with you :p

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/03/23/exclusive-interview-dives-deep-on-destiny-spring-update.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/03/23/exclusive-interview-dives-deep-on-destiny-spring-update.aspx

Yes yes and Yes

If you aren't listening to me at least listen to Cormac....

Get your ass in for a raid ASAP!!

:P

Even though I've only completed HM once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll have to do it before my super fun trip to Hospital on Sunday... :(

Any 5 patient guardians fancy bringing me through before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    I'm just saying what we're all thinking

It will greatly appeal to the PvE clan members who don't raid though. You couldn't pay me to sit down and enjoy an hour of vanguard heroic strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Fieldog wrote:

I'm available every night except Saturday to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'll have to do it before my super fun trip to Hospital on Sunday... :(

Yep, should be about most evenings this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Coolio

How about Friday evening?

If we start about 8 hopefully we can fly through it and be finished relatively early?

Coolio

If we start about 8 hopefully we can fly through it and be finished relatively early?

If you want my advice, this week is the Warpriest.

Do the Totems and Warpriest on Hard to get the 2x320s.

Then if you can/want switch back to normal for the rest of the Raid.

That being said, I've been in groups who have 5 manned the Golg and sisters CP's so you could be lucky and be carried through the Hard modes of those (as long as you aren't taken).

The only thing that you won't be able to do is Oryx on Hard, Paula will explain I'm sure, but basically you need to be like 308+ and you need a lot of time and patience and If you're like ~300 now, you may not be ~308 by the time you get to Oryx. Paula just got EXTREMELY lucky (harrowed stuff was dropping at every CP for her)

Also, the lads from my band are calling round to mine on Friday to play couch co-op and stuff so I won't be on btw

Pulled these from the Bungie Forums

Supers according to their users

ARC:
    Warlock- "Through study of Arc light and its role in life, we have learned to channel the light through our biological subset and out as an attack. Not only can this energy be controlled without harm, but it additionally repulses the user from the planet, enabling a floating effect. This may be further channeled into short-range teleportation."

Hunter- "I'ma charge up my blade with lighting and prance around like a big blue unicorn of death! Anyone who laughs at that description'll get zapped! And I'll be able to do that light-bending jazz, so I can be seen and not seen whenever I want. I'll be a bona vide performer on the battle-stage."

Titan-"Holding your ground? I don't think so."

VOID:

Warlock-"Through the study of Void light and its role in the vacuum, we have devised a 'bomb' unrivaled by any Guardian or Vanguard weapon. Though the nature of the Void renders the power inshapeable, the projectile can be modified to change its speed, blast radius, and after effect."

Hunter-"The warlocks say that void light can't be shaped, so I'm goin' to shape into a detailed bow and shoot void arrows out of it. And if I miss, tethers'll shoot out and nab my enemies, so I can say that I meant to miss.
    Plus, when the warlocks sputter that it's impossible, I'ma roll up and kick them in the shins. 'Cause that's how I roll."

Titan-"Take my ground? I don't think so."

SOLAR:

Warlock-"Through the study of Solar light and its role in energy and heat, we have discovered how to maximize battlefield technics. By turning the user's body into a virtual generator, not only do the user's abilities rapidly recharge, but light generation can occur from simple weapon kills. We believe that this can be channeled to have a proxy effect on fellow Guardians, increase pain thresholds, and even regenerate the body without ghost intervention,"

Hunter-"I'ma load my six shooter with three rounds of star fire and shoot it at baddies. It doesn't do much else, but what else would you want? It's a F**KING FLAMING REVOLVER! How much more awesome can you get?!"

Titan-"Whatever you're thinking, I don't think so."

Pulled these from the Bungie Forums

And somebodies response:

Voidwalkers - Wait, how did my Nova Bomb not kill a Major??
    Strikers - F*** overshot again!
    Gunslingers - Wait, three rounds of pure sunfire can't kill a Major??
    Sunsingers - You killed me? Kill me again.
    Defenders - Geez, guys, I told you, NO ROCKETS INSIDE THE BUUBLE!
    Bladedancers - Hahah! I'm gonna kill all of you- wait, why aren't my hits registering??
    Stormcallers - Hey, uh, I just killed the same guy three times in one Super... I'm getting a looot of hate mail...
    Sunbreakers - Aaaawww yeah, it's hammer time! ...Oh wait, I forgot we got nerfed into the ground.
    Nightstalker - F*** I tethered the wall again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

And somebodies response:

Voidwalkers - Wait, how did my Nova Bomb not kill a Major??
    Strikers - F*** overshot again!
    Gunslingers - Wait, three rounds of pure sunfire can't kill a Major??
    Sunsingers - You killed me? Kill me again.
    Defenders - Geez, guys, I told you, NO ROCKETS INSIDE THE BUUBLE!
    Bladedancers - Hahah! I'm gonna kill all of you- wait, why aren't my hits registering??
    Stormcallers - Hey, uh, I just killed the same guy three times in one Super... I'm getting a looot of hate mail...
    Sunbreakers - Aaaawww yeah, it's hammer time! ...Oh wait, I forgot we got nerfed into the ground.
    Nightstalker - F*** I tethered the wall again!

This video still works, but it would be nice to see some with new subclass fails

This video still works, but it would be nice to see some with new subclass fails

This is still my favourite Destiny related Fail video. The fun start at 1:10

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Coolio

Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lads, just a reminder that the final April Update preview stream is on at 7pm.

This stream covers weapon/class balancing, new crucible features/maps and any other changes to the Destiny sandbox environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Lads, just a reminder that the final April Update preview stream is on at 7pm.

This stream covers weapon/class balancing, new crucible features/maps and any other changes to the Destiny sandbox environment.

Harrumph, twitch is blocked at work. I presume that's the only place it's streaming?

I know I can just read a summary or watch a recording back later on youtube but I'm very bored stuck in work. Watching it live would be just such a thrill :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Harrumph, twitch is blocked at work. I presume that's the only place it's streaming?

I know I can just read a summary or watch a recording back later on youtube but I'm very bored stuck in work. Watching it live would be just such a thrill :rolleyes:

Have you got a phone? You can watch it from the twich app on your mobile ;)

• Advertisement

PlainP wrote: »
    Have you got a phone? You can watch it from the twich app on your mobile ;)

Derp! Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems getting revived is going to change, as is green and purple ammo.

Need to be closer to rez. No more sprint revive. Overshield on rez reduced. Increased rez timer by 2 secs in Trials to 7 sec.

You now spawn with special ammo again. No apecial ammo boxes until 3 mins in, then at 2min intervals.

Heavy ammo only drops at 5min mark.

Ammo changes don't affect mayhem.

Sterling treasure drop on completion of a weekly playlist match.

Trials bounties get you upto 330 gear, 335 at lighthouse. One repeatable bounty.

All legendary drops replaced with IB gear in IB.

Weapon balancing now.

Hrof auto damage decrease
    Lrof auto damage increased
    Lrof pulse damage increased.
    Increased ammo capacity for hand cannon.
    Stability increase for Fusion rifle.
    Zoom distance increased on Sniper Rifles.
    Increased time to ads by 2 frames in Sniper Rifle.
    Snapshot nerfed to 20% ads speed increase from 30%.
    Increased recoil on sniper rifles.

MIDA high calibre rounds removed. Less staggering on impact.
    Suros spinning up takes longer to start by 4 rounds. Range buff for focused fire, can now max range.
    Hawkmoon increased range.
    Last Word damage nerfed for last word perk. Cant 2 shot kill anymore.
    Thorn reduced dot and damages 4 times instead of 6. Reduced poison effects.
    Icebreaker ammo doesn't carry over when changing weapon. Sidearm and Invective do the same.
    Dregs promise now has tracking on ads.
    Telesto shots now attach to friendlies.
    1000 yard stare lower ammo capacity.
    Quillims Terminus reduced ammo.
    All KF weapons reload quicker.

Ammo capacity for lmgs and shotguns decreased.

Sunsinger
    Flame shield overshield reduced, reduced frequency.
    Solar wind frequency increased.
    Fireborn timer reduced.

Stormcaller
    Landfall no longer destroys ward of dawn, reduced blinding effect.
    Super activation time reduced.

Voidwalker
    Energy vampire effects increased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Seems getting revived is going to change, as is green and purple ammo.

Need to be closer to rez. No more sprint revive. Overshield on rez reduced. Increased rez timer by 2 secs in Trials to 7 sec.

14 second timer if you get killed a second time

Sounds like Trials just got a lot harder :eek:

Only one heavy drop per match now :eek:

:eek:

They're reducing the IB bounty that required you to get 2500 in a match. Changing it to 1500

Don't really get that one myself, wasn't even difficult to do. Surely the 10 kill streak is harder to do

Why in f**ks name did they go from 3 heavy ammo drops in a 12 minute match (@9, @6 @3) to having 1 heavy drop (@5).....

Another f**king swing of the Bungie balancing pendulum swinging way too far.

Why not go with 2 drops (@4, @8) instead?

Jesus H Christ.

Send 2 Nova Bomb to the "Enemy" heavy and your 4 mates can stomp them then with the only heavy ammo left.

Why go from 3 to 1?

It doesn't make sense

Make f**king smaller changes.

FU€K!!!!

Hear comes the dreaded weapon balancing where they fuck shit up to make other shit seem a bit better

Are they really talking about real world snipers and using it as a reason for applying changes to the game? I've heard it all now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why in f**ks name did they go from 3 heavy ammo drops in a 12 minute match (@9, @6 @3) to having 1 heavy drop (@5).....

Another f**king swing of the Bungie balancing pendulum swinging way too far.

Why not go with 2 drops (@4, @8) instead?

Jesus H Christ.

Send 2 Nova Bomb to the "Enemy" heavy and your 4 mates can stomp them then with the only heavy ammo left.

Why go from 3 to 1?

It doesn't make sense

Make f**king smaller changes.

FU€K!!!!

Heavy Ammo is ballsack and has no place in competitive PvP, this is a great move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They're reducing the IB bounty that required you to get 2500 in a match. Changing it to 1500

Don't really get that one myself, wasn't even difficult to do. Surely the 10 kill streak is harder to do

You sure that's not just for the Clash Game Mode ?

AdamD wrote: »
    Heavy Ammo is ballsack and has no place in competitive PvP, this is a great move.

So just take it out of the game so? :confused:

All this change does is "Overbalance" and now it will be the Heavy-Haves and Heavy-Have-Nots

If we get both heavy drops, it could totally swing the match in a massive way.

If they need to make changes/balances, they should make smaller changes.

Then see how it plays out over a period of time and re-review it.

Big sweeping changes are a bad idea regardless of the thing they are balancing

emmetkenny wrote: »

Didn't specify mode, just said the bounty was changing generally.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

Maybe I missed that bit but I'm not sure

Even if it is Clash though, reducing it by 1000 points is way too much imo

The best part of IB bounties is how challenging they can be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement