Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

On Thorn:
    'It removes the 2 or 3 is it body shots to kill it previously had'
    That's seriously worrying that the guy in charge isn't even sure on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AdamD wrote: »
    On Thorn:
    'It removes the 2 or 3 is it body shots to kill it previously had'
    That's seriously worrying that the guy in charge isn't even sure on that.

He also wasn't sure about the changes made to heavy ammo drops.

'ugh, whatever Lars said'

Kinda funny in a way after the big deal Deej made about how closely they work together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so rezing is now harder, and the overshield weaker, so res sniping easier. WONDERFUL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

so rezing is now harder, and the overshield weaker, so res sniping easier. WONDERFUL

But sniping in general harder, and less sniper ammo (and particularly much less 1KYS ammo).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One heavy spawn is a good move, shame they aren't going the whole hog and only have it spawn in one place. Should have kept the no special on spawn too

• Advertisement

Rezing was silly tbf, in some situations it was giving a team an advantage for dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Voidwalkers, Scout Rifles and Sidearms untouched....

I will Reign Supreme!!!!

Guess hoping for a new map or two was always gonna disappoint

Guess hoping for a new map or two was always gonna disappoint

I hoped they would leave scout rifles alone and they did, I will take solace in that as the ole Blueberry picks up our teams heavy fro himself :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    I hoped they would leave scout rifles alone and they did, I will take solace in that as the ole Blueberry picks up our teams heavy fro himself :P

That's one thing that'll be interesting to see anyway. I doubt there'll be much if any waiting around for groups to congregate on heavies when everyone on the opposing side will be rocking supers waiting for it

It's gonna change how matches are played at a very basic level

• Advertisement

I will Reign Supreme!!!!

None of them have ever been top tier so that's expected! Sunsinger nerf is sensible, needed to hit the grenade or melee and it's the melee that's gotten it.

Apart from Sniper Rifles.... the changes to weapons most play for me.

Low ROF Pulses (I was a big messenger fan) improved - don't know if it will be enough, but its an improvement to a weapon type I like.

Suros with max range looks interesting.

Scouts untouched (apparently.... lets wait to the patch notes) so my Colovance and Jade play is still viable.

Will be interesting to see how the Stormcaller changes play out - assume kills will cost energy (like Arc blade use drains the super quicker).

also - the lack of a boost to the handcannons in terms of actual use, as opposed to just ammo, is poor imo. I find them utterly unusable now, when I used to be an avid user of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sounds like my time getting good with a fusion will be of benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny offline tomorrow between 5 and 10pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah feck, that's the best time for me to play!

https://twitter.com/lars_bakken/status/717861024934682624

PRAISE THE SUN!

Asylum, Firebase Delphi, Anomaly, Burning Shrine, and Cauldron added back into the Control playlist with the April update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

https://twitter.com/lars_bakken/status/717861024934682624

PRAISE THE SUN!

Asylum, Firebase Delphi, Anomaly, Burning Shrine, and Cauldron added back into the Control playlist with the April update.

Wish they'd take those two massive maps, Moon and Mars, where you need a poxy sparrow to get from A to B.

Wish they'd take those two massive maps, Moon and Mars, where you need a poxy sparrow to get from A to B.

And your wish was granted. First Light and Bastion are being removed.

Not a fan of Bastion, but I tend to do well on First Light - Jade Rabbit FTW.

Skyshock is staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I will Reign Supreme!!!!

They even buffed the energy drain for the VW. When they killed someone with it on the stream, the grenade re-charge went really quick.
    also - the lack of a boost to the handcannons in terms of actual use, as opposed to just ammo, is poor imo. I find them utterly unusable now, when I used to be an avid user of them

I found that one weird also - " Here are more bullets that will not register even though you are aiming at someone's head"
    Sounds like my time getting good with a fusion will be of benefit.

Looks like I need to find myself a high stability fusion rifle.

• Advertisement

Am I losing my mind, I haven't seen a "Combined Arms" (First Light, Bastion, Skyshock) map in Control for god knows how long?

And everyone is talking about them being "Removed"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Am I losing my mind, I haven't seen a "Combined Arms" (First Light, Bastion, Skyshock) map in Control for god knows how long?

Regular control had one of them. I played the moon one about 3 weeks ago, although I remember saying at the time that I hadn't played it in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

And everyone is talking about them being "Removed"

:confused:

Yeah, over the last few weeks been seeing a lot of them, especially SkyShock and First Light. Really should not be in Control rotation. Ever. Cathedral of Dusk is borderline in my opinion. I'd say its just about on the right side of the upper limit map size for control.

Anyway, I'm glad those other maps are back.... it'll hopefully mean less Cathedral of Suck, Bumtier, and $hitemto

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I've decided to finally go an finish off the quest for the crucible weekly bounties, I had left it at the rumble part because I hate hate rumble(skirmish & salvage too) I'm up to the handcannon part now where you have to get 6kills per match.

I'm getting there!

I've played a good lot of Skyshock and First Light in the last couple of months. Bastion pops up the odd time too - but far less than the other two. I don't mind them, actually, as I have developed a general strat for keeping myself relatively safe on both maps.

Having B is fecking key to first light though - perching above it gives you good lines in three directions for defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wexdevil wrote: »
    I've decided to finally go an finish off the quest for the crucible weekly bounties, I had left it at the rumble part because I hate hate rumble(skirmish & salvage too) I'm up to the handcannon part now where you have to get 6kills per match.

I'm getting there!

Used to be win a match with 6 kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Used to be win a match with 6 kills.

d1161cca2012021f66f808fe94b92991.jpg

5 Bounty Slots, 16 Vault Spaces for Weapons, Icebreaker basically defining who did what in a Raid

The olden days

• Advertisement

5 Bounty Slots, 16 Vault Spaces for Weapons, Icebreaker basically defining who did what in a Raid

The olden days

No vault apps.

"Ready to go lads?"
    "Sh1t, IB is on my other character"
    <Logs out, changes character, goes to tower, puts item in the vault, logs out, changes character, goes to tower, takes item out of vault, joins back with fireteam>

THE HORROR!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement