Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

*Shudders*

You'd be like 45 minutes getting ready to start the raid.... maybe this is why I'm always 45 mins late when we plan stuff, like subconsciously working off year 1 timing

Cormac... wrote: »
    *Shudders*

You'd be like 45 minutes getting ready to start the raid.... maybe this is why I'm always 45 mins late when we plan stuff, like subconsciously working off year 1 timing

Or you just spend an hour playing Borderlands :D "Ready in 10 minutes lads"

Or you just spend an hour playing Borderlands :D "Ready in 10 minutes lads"

One of my finer moments, soloing that boss.

Must go back to that, feel like I very much left it unfinished at lvl41

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Used to be win a match with 6 kills.

Yeah I knew what was coming up way back when I originally stopped, I was glad when they changed the quest to make it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4dtjkp/destiny_weapon_tuning_april_update/

They've released the patch notes. Be interesting to see how it plays out, feels like guns are just getting weaker and weaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't understand why they want to entrench sniper rifles as the only really viable secondary in Trials - which is what they have done. Going to have near a dozen Sniper rifles that can res-snipe, and based on the patch notes this is their intended goal. It is surprising to me.

Res sniping will be less important now that revive timers are longer, it takes longer to revive and you need to be closer to revive players. Reviving just won't be as prevalent and thus revive sniping won't be either. You shouldn't be getting revive sniped anyway, players shouldn't be reviving their team mates with the opposition shooting at them, the fact that people were doing this shows how broken the revive system was.

Also res killing in general will be way easier, your primaries will probably be able to do it in quick enough fashion for players to not be able to get away if they res at a poor time.

AdamD wrote: »
    Res sniping will be less important now that revive timers are longer, it takes longer to revive and you need to be closer to revive players. Reviving just won't be as prevalent and thus revive sniping won't be either. You shouldn't be getting revive sniped anyway, players shouldn't be reviving their team mates with the opposition shooting at them, the fact that people were doing this shows how broken the revive system was.

I don't get your reasoning at all here - they've made it harder to res (longer timers, closer distance, can't sprint res) so if you down someone and can get the res snipe (which is now easier) you take that person out of the game for another 14 seconds.

They have made it that once you get a numerical advantage it will be far easier to keep it. I don't understand why they have made this a goal to be achieved by their changes.

People complained about res-sniping as it was so you make it easier? Were people really complaining about reviving being too easy (the reason you would make it more difficult)? I don't understand the thought process behind the decision they have made.

I don't get your reasoning at all here - they've made it harder to res (longer timers, closer distance, can't sprint res) so if you down someone and can get the res snipe (which is now easier) you take that person out of the game for another 14 seconds.

They have made it that once you get a numerical advantage it will be far easier to keep it. I don't understand why they have made this a goal to be achieved by their changes.

People complained about res-sniping as it was so you make it easier? Were people really complaining about reviving being too easy (the reason you would make it more difficult)? I don't understand the thought process behind the decision they have made.
    The thought process is simple, the penalty for dying was far too small. If you die in elimination it should be a very big deal, at the moment you're just a 2 second slide away from being back in the game, that's silly. The team making kills should be getting the advantage. At the moment a team can push after a kill and end up at a disadvantage as the team with a man down can get a quick revive and suddenly have 2 guys with overshields.

Any anyway, the consequence of this patch will be that its less prevalent as teams will push harder after the first kill due to the longer revive timer and players being more difficult to revive. This patch will actually encourage teams to push after they get a kill rather than sit and wait for a revive snipe (which most teams now knew how to avoid by simply pushing their revived team mate).

The thought process is simple, the penalty for dying was far too small. If you die in elimination it should be a very big deal, at the moment you're just a 2 second slide away from being back in the game, that's silly. The team making kills should be getting the advantage. At the moment a team can push after a kill and end up at a disadvantage as the team with a man down can get a quick revive and suddenly have 2 guys with overshields.

Any anyway, the consequence of this patch will be that its less prevalent as teams will push harder after the first kill due to the longer revive timer and players being more difficult to revive. This patch will actually encourage teams to push after they get a kill rather than sit and wait for a revive snipe (which most teams now knew how to avoid by simply pushing their revived team mate).
    Or they will push with two players and leave the remaining to hardscope the res so if the other team do manage to get it they are completely screwed anyway. With the reviver shield being weaker to, and their location easily known, they are an easy kill. They may as well have just removed the ability to revive at all, as it is essentially what they are moving towards. The risk/reward on revive is now weighted heavily away from reward.

What their changes have done, imo, is make it a far easier game for elite Trials players - if that is their goal, fine, but I feel even less inclined to dip my toe into the trials world now as it is going to be an even more unforgiving environment than it was. The chance to rescue a match after going a player down is far lower now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Were people really complaining about reviving being too easy (the reason you would make it more difficult)?

Yes.

Reviving was too easy and it always gave an unfair advantage to the team doing the reviving.

You could be winning a 2v1, with 1 kill and the other guy down to a sliver of health, once he gets the fast res, you have 2 guys with overshields shooting at you. So in a situation, where you completely won the engagement - you're being penalised by fast res and overshield.

With an overshield, you can survive a direct rocket. Madness...

The quick res / powerful overshield is one of the reasons res sniping is so prevalent, its just not safe to rush people who are in the process of res'ing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And then the Xur titan chest armour is for faster revives :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, KontrolFreek and Destiny(Bungie) have teamed up for..... ???

Instagram

So, KontrolFreek and Destiny(Bungie) have teamed up for..... ???

For what exactly.... hats? :confused:

feels like guns are just getting weaker and weaker.

Because they want to keep the Time to Kill High/Long.

They are not going to budge on this concept, you're only going to get annoyed if you think that they will ever move away from that philosophy.

They don't want "twitchy" style shooting with Fast TTK's (like CoD)

You may as well just accept it, you don't need to like it, but it's how the game is going to stay for the next 10 years
    The thought process is simple, the penalty for dying was far too small. If you die in elimination it should be a very big deal

I agree with this, if you are the 1st person to die now in Trials, it's going to be a big deal and hamstring your team, and thats probably what they want, and it makes sense.

Want to avoid being res-sniped? Don't die in silly places.

It's time to stop blaming sniper rifles for everything now, they are being nerfed now. It's time to die less.

And I'm including myself in that cause I throw my body at the enemy like a desperate hormonal teenager at a teen disco.

Trials Of Osiris April 2016, now with 3x the Patented Generic "Don't Peak" voiceover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They are not going to budge on this concept, you're only going to get annoyed if you think that they will ever move away from that philosophy.

You may as well just accept it, you don't need to like it, but it's how the game is going to stay for the next 10 years

I would class CoD or Counter Strike as a Twitch shooter - as in, you see someone, chances are they are dead...

Doesn't seem like that in Halo, Destiny or BF, where its all about the battle between people on ground...

It was the same in Halo beforehand - if you were to compare Time To Kill in BF Vs CoD or Destiny Vs CoD, to me it's the difference between being a Twitch shooter or not...

Maybe why I like BF4 also - its the most realistic unrealistic shooter if that makes sense.... :D

Yup, and that's why I played Blops2 to like Prestige 3 but didn't really enjoy it (like I played it but never had fun, wasn't smiling and laughing etc), but I enjoy Destinys PvP.

Horses for courses I guess :)

This is cool and informative

https://www.destinythegame.com/light-journey/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4dtr8c/destiny_light_journey_all_roads_lead_to_335_site/
    EDIT: Here's a summary:
    Visit Your Faction (Tower)
    Faction Reward packages now include select Chroma-enabled gear up to 330 Light
    Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 335 Light
    Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 310 Light (Looks like a typo, think it should be Non-Exotic)
    Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light
    Infusion now grants 100% of the Light from the Infused item
    Reputation gains have been increased for Crucible matches, Strikes, and Patrols
    Earn Glory in the Crucible (Crucible)
    Weekly Crucible Bounty now awards unique Crucible Weapons up to 335 Light
    Crucible drops now include gear up to Light 310
    Increased Legendary drop rate for all Crucible matches
    Iron Banner now drops gear up to Light 335
    Rank 3 package Artifact now 320 Light
    Rank 5 package Ghost now 320 Light
    Lord Saladin now offers both armor pieces at Rank 3, a weapon at Rank 4, and another weapon at Rank 5
    Trials of Osiris now drops gear up to Light 335
    Hunt Down Malok (Story)
    Work with Variks to investigate a new Taken threat
    Complete the "At the Gates" questline, and earn the Dreadfang Taken Sword (310 Light)
    Defeat Malok in the new "Blighted Chalice" strike, for a chance to earn a new Taken Shotgun (335 Light)
    Defeat Taken in the Prison of Elders (Arena)
    Added matchmade Lvl 41 variant to Prison of Elders playlists, featuring four new Taken bosses
    Lvl 41 Prison of Elders drops gear up to 320 Light
    Entertain Variks in the Challenge of the Elders (Arena)
    Claim a new Elders' Sigil from Variks each week to track your Challenge Mode score
    Test your Fire team against three consecutive boss waves
    Bosses and gameplay modifiers change each week, for a total of 16 unique encounters
    Challenge Tickets reward gear up to 335 Light
    10 reprised Prison of Elders Legendary Weapons available at 335 Light
    3 reprised Prison of Elders Legendary Armor sets (1 per class) available at 335 Light
    3 reprised Prison of Elders Exotics available at 335 Light
    Revisit Past Adventures
    Unique gear from the Vanguard Heroic Stirke Playlist drop up to 335 Light
    Tier 3 Court of Oryx will now drop gear up to 335 Light
    King's Fall Hard Mode will now drop gear up to 335 Light
    Exotic Engrams will now drop gear up to 335 Light
    Non-Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 310 Light
    New "Blighted Chalice" strike added to Normal and Heroic playlists
    Taken variant of "Winter's Run" strike added to Normal and Heroic playlists

For what exactly.... hats? :confused:

I assume it'll be more like the deal they have with Treyarch for CoD, so themed Thumsticks and possibly Grips and those vinyl shield things they sell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

• Advertisement

This is good - Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light

Infusion now grants 100% of the Light from the Infused item - Any confirmation if this applies to Exotics also?

No mention of nightfall level rewards?

Nope, nor if it will still be 280 "Recommended Light", maybe an omission or just no change.

I would assume the drops will be able to go above the current highest of 310 like the Crucible activity

Think you've jumped the gun here. I don't want it like cod, was just an observation. I also think the game felt better with a slightly lower TTK. IIRC Cod is like 0.4 seconds, Destiny was previously about 0.8 but now its about 1.0 and just doesn't feel great. Perhaps with special weapons less prevalent it will feel more 'right'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

- "Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light"
    - "3 reprised Prison of Elders Legendary Armor sets "

I like these 2, can creep your way to 335 :) and some of the year1 stuff gave bonuses for wearing them to that activity like POE armor or VOG weapons.

Think you've jumped the gun here. I don't want it like cod, was just an observation. I also think the game felt better with a slightly lower TTK. IIRC Cod is like 0.4 seconds, Destiny was previously about 0.8 but now its about 1.0 and just doesn't feel great. Perhaps with special weapons less prevalent it will feel more 'right'.

I think I was more kind of pointing to their culture of "Nerf the OP" stuff as opposed to "Buff Everything else" cause that way the TTK will keep creeping into faster and faster terroitory

I kind of feel like the game is like 2, maybe 3 patches away from being very balanced now.

Overall the changes are good.

I personally do not like the new Heavy Ammo situation.

I can kind of see why they didn't nerf the Firebolt, but I won't bother going into too much detail but overall if it was nerfed, Sunsingers would have just been garbage as the Neutral game is their whole kettle of fish. They would have ended up too far behind Voidwalkers and Stormcallers.

It will be interesting to see if "Fast Revive" exotics become less popular as the benefit might not be as important as what you could potentially gain by having more aggressive or useful exotics.

Think "Spawn in with Grenade" or "2 Grenades" and rushing, basically trying to secure the 1st kill as opposed to mitigating against when you have a death.

People will think that "Fast Revive" will now be more important than ever, but the reality might be that there will be less deaths overall and the time between them will be longer so it might not be as important.

Lucy Raspberry and Purifier Robes coming back should mix things up too :)

I could see myself in Trials moving to "Voiding Vestments" having not used them, like, ever and going with a Tier 5 Melee Build (given the weeks to Voidwalkers).

Overall I'm excited for this patch, I like how it will shake things up, but in a slight way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lucy Raspberry and Purifier Robes coming back should mix things up too :)

Good old Lucy Raspberry, I've missed her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there any word on whether or not there's going to be a pre-load for this update?

I'm guessing maybe it's not large enough to warrant it for most people

Is there any word on whether or not there's going to be a pre-load for this update?

I'm guessing maybe it's not large enough to warrant it for most people

I'd be surprised if it was >2gb

Since all they will be adding Assets wise is the boss for the Strike and the PoE Taken bosses and the new Armour

AFAIK, everything else is just recycled stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd be surprised if it was >2gb

Since all they will be adding Assets wise is the boss for the Strike and the PoE Taken bosses and the new Armour

AFAIK, everything else is just recycled stuff

Yeah, 2gb is a lot for me. If I get home before 8 on Tuesday I'll be lucky to get it done before 11

Downloading is always a pain for me. I rent out a few rooms to students and they're always online around that time. Watching the net-flicks or skyping leg day or whatever it is they do.

I can't really tell them to stay offline. Pretty sure my internet connection is the only reason they're here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yeah, 2gb is a lot for me. If I get home before 8 on Tuesday I'll be lucky to get it done before 11

Downloading is always a pain for me. I rent out a few rooms to students and they're always online around that time. Watching the net-flicks or skyping leg day or whatever it is they do.

I can't really tell them to stay offline. Pretty sure my internet connection is the only reason they're here :pac:

What if you leave the PS4 in rest mode, shouldn't it download the update as soon as it is available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement