Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, 2gb is a lot for me. If I get home before 8 on Tuesday I'll be lucky to get it done before 11

Downloading is always a pain for me. I rent out a few rooms to students and they're always online around that time. Watching the net-flicks or skyping leg day or whatever it is they do.

I can't really tell them to stay offline. Pretty sure my internet connection is the only reason they're here :pac:

Change your internet password that evening and don't tell them the new one until the patch is downloaded :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

nevelator wrote: »
    What if you leave the PS4 in rest mode, shouldn't it download the update as soon as it is available?

My experience with downloading in rest mode hasn't been great tbh. Downloads tend to get stuck if somebody else goes online, then you have to start over.

I'm also a bit reluctant to have an always-on connection. Someone could let a streaming service run all night and the next day and everything else could be fecked as a result.

Not getting to play it until Wednesday wouldn't be the end of the world anyway... I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My experience with downloading in rest mode hasn't been great tbh. Downloads tend to get stuck if somebody else goes online, then you have to start over.

Weird,

Never had any issues with rest mode downloads, what kind of connection do you have?

Could your connection drop overnight?

DSL or Fibre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Description of the PS exclusive gear
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/8/11393750/destiny-april-update-playstation-exclusive-items-ps3-ps4
    That Zen Meteor sounds like a beast with its Dynamite(explosive rounds) and With a Laser Beam(ignites enemy) perks(Queen reference ftw). Guaranteed to blow your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Description of the PS exclusive gear
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/8/11393750/destiny-april-update-playstation-exclusive-items-ps3-ps4
    That Zen Meteor sounds like a beast with its Dynamite(explosive rounds) and With a Laser Beam(ignites enemy) perks(Queen reference ftw). Guaranteed to blow your mind.

That is so like an hour ago, on the update thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Will current exotics decrypt at 335 on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 minkybananas

I'm just picking up destiny again after a long spell away, I'm looking to get touch of malice, and black spindle, if anybody is willing to help me out a bit! I already have 35 calcified fragments, and a bit of the hunger pangs quest done, so I just need help with the court of oryx, and 2 raid fragments. I'm always willing to help out and repay the favour if needed! Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Will current exotics decrypt at 335 on Tuesday?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. But suspect it will be linked to your current light level. Have a few boot exotic engrams so will be testing it on those

210 ViP Kills...... getting there....

It's actually just hilarious now that we're literally 1 day away from a content drop and a load of the posts on Reddits front page are like "Bungie add this and that".... Clearly some people haven't worked a god damn day in their lives.

"We'll be giving you the keys to the house next week, just one last pass for the snag list now that the 4th fix is done"
    "Cool, add a garage and balcony too please thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll start the download as soon as I can, and will probably just arse around in Saints Row 4 while I wait :pac:

I've been working my way through the strikes the last few days, fecking hated the Sunless Cell cause it was a pain in the arse trying to get the guy in the darkness.

Angron wrote: »
    I'll start the download as soon as I can, and will probably just arse around in Saints Row 4 while I wait :pac:

As long as it's an offline game you'll be ok.

I will basically be making my housemates turn off all devices :D

"I hope you guys like books"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the big problem for me is the net is fairly bad out where I live in Longford, so if it is around the 2gb mark it'd still take most of the night for me to download.

Conovar: "Oh these God Tier Sidearms will surely be nerfed"
    Me: "Nah not enough people use them"

Proof (The are less popular than Fusions atm)

special_graph.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They also aren't good enough to deserve a nerf, the 1HK special weapon meta at the moment renders them fairly below par.

Just..... Let.... Me..... Have.... My..... Moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Even though I have the system in standby mode, soon as I get in from work and babysitting Nana and Granddad have left, system will be switched on and I'll be keeping an eye on the progress. Should have it done and dusted before Mrs Knave get's in from work, so she'll be none the wiser. Might let the little one play Minecraft on PC to keep her sweet (she just likes to fly around my creative world and say hello to the sheep and chickens).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is there something I need to tick to ensure the download begins in sleep mode? When I power on from sleep mode, downloads only then kick in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I turned this on yesterday and got a helmet that pushed my Warlock past 299.
    King of the filthy casuals.

File sizes for the update are up
    Bungie wrote:
    The April Update will be this big:
    PS4: 1718 MB
    PS3: 1040 MB
    Xbox One: 1736 MB
    Xbox 360: 793 MB

Update will be available some time between 6 and 8pm.

Grab any vender weapons you want now, as the vender perk rolls are being changed tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Bah, that's gonna take a few hours for me.

I will be in the same basket as you. Might just disappear into Crusader Kings 2 or Factorio, while I wait.

I will be in the same basket as you. Might just disappear into Crusader Kings 2 or Factorio, while I wait.

I'll hopefully be disappearing/dying into DS3, which should arrive tomorrow while waiting for the update. Then back into Destiny PVE, which I haven't really played since before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Of course the nightfall had to be the SABER strike this week! :(

nevelator wrote: »
    Of course the nightfall had to be the SABER strike this week! :(

Mind you, you're not meant to do it till AFTER the update anyway, and who knows it might change then (I would not be surprised to see it change to the New strike or Archon Priest)

DDOS'ing seems to be far more prevalent in other countries, not heard/seen any of it myself tbh.
    Maybe it happens in Ireland/UK, but seems more common in USA etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ebgup/trials_cheater_disconnects_opponents_in_25_games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its exaggerated. All it takes is for it to happen to one person and other people think its happening to them even if they're just getting dcd. Plus people read about 1 case on DTG and assume its rampant. Its never happened to me on Destiny, had it a few times playing cod competitively. Most of the reports of DDOSing I've read (this excluded) just sound like dcs, I mean people are getting kicked out of the game, remaining in their party chat and think it was a DDOS? You're whole internet will go down if you're DDOSd. Plus it plays into people's hands who don't like PvP, you'll consistently read 'oh Trials isn't worth it its full of cheaters', when in reality they suck at PvP and enjoy the excuse.

Man, when they did the last set of bans it was so sweet. I love when karma kicks people butts

I was all like:
    Todays Daily Bounties are Glitched!
    I went to do the Daily "Collect 100 Guardian Tears in the Bungie.net Help Section".
    But I hit 100 tears and the Bounty still isn't complete. I still don't have enough tears!
    I have 873 at the time of posting this. So many tears, I've been farming them for literally minutes!
    What the Hell is going on Bungie! Please advise! /s
    EDIT: ok, I should point out I created a relevant thread on Bungie.net so I can "go through the proper channels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This can't be a real question can it?
    How do I get the golden gun to drop for me in the crucible?

This gun seems really strong, its almost like it kills me in one shot, but no matter what it just wont drop for me! Is it just bad rng? sorry if this is confusing, im new to this sub, but ive got a video that shows exactly what im talking about:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

can't be a real question can it?

Where can I get that gun it looks awesome? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement