Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Video hoghlighting some nice updates to Ishtar Commander

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    DDOS'ing seems to be far more prevalent in other countries, not heard/seen any of it myself tbh.
    Maybe it happens in Ireland/UK, but seems more common in USA etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ebgup/trials_cheater_disconnects_opponents_in_25_games/

It definitely happens in the UK, maybe to a lesser extent here, I used to work for Xbox Live Support and heard all manner of hacks etc from people affected by them, but usually only Xbox 360 games....

I could generally tell what was genuine and what was just people with **** connection...

GTA/Fifa/CoD on 360 had rampant hackers, they were able to reverse engineer some BT and some Zyxel modem (Eircom sold this model here) to get peoples IPs, rough addresses (usually router cabinet around the corner) and even bank login details in various cases!

I had a UK customer who was in a Lobby with some hacker lad on GTA, they booted him out for hacking and next minute after he was sending your man photos of his Dads actual online banking with his proper balance on the screen... (from Australia!)

On Halo 2 and 3 the lobby host used to simply disconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of his machine and quickly pop it back in so it lagged in the leaders favour, I think Destiny PvP may be different (as in not based on host but P2P) so I'm not sure how rampant cheating in Destiny would be....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think the main issue Destiny had with cheating was people disconnecting when flying into a Trials match.
    If they didn't like the looks of the other team, they disconnected, kept doing it until they got what they thought was a soft lobby.

Simple but effective - as far as I know Bungie patched that, so it now counts as a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Finally people got sense and stopped doing KF/Nightfall. Swear it was year1 over again with the amount of people looking to do Vault of Glass/Crota. Just finished a crota there and got the "crux of crota", think thats my primary exotic's completed, roll on new ones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok good lads, the update is here...

Lets see whats new :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Right I've thrown on the ole twitch stream, complete with fancy green screen and all for anyone interested

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok good lads, the update is here...

Lets see whats new :)

It's Alive :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

No post's since 18.44 . It must be the update to end updates. At work here so i cant play😢

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm still downloading the fecking thing. Started at 6, only just passed the 1GB mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Angron wrote: »
    I'm still downloading the fecking thing. Started at 6, only just passed the 1GB mark.

Do you have Potato powered internet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

More or less, yes.

I'm in the same potato boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Doing new Poe now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Perk of being the last person on earth playing this game on PS3?
    1.07gb update.
    20 minutes in and just finishing up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Eververse drops will no longer replace the normal Nightfall rewards but will be an additional reward when received
    Probably the best change in the patch. No more doing the Nightfall to end up with only a poxy sparrow horn.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They finally add the praise the sun light gesture on the day Dark Souls 3 comes out. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Probably the best change in the patch. No more doing the Nightfall to end up with only a poxy sparrow horn.

Yup , we did 3 tonight and weapon/armour drops were higher LL,. The other lads got the strike exclusive hunter malok helmet aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone buy any of the vendor stuff? there are some amazing roles on some of them.

I bought the NM sidearm (I love sidearms!) as it comes with SureShot, Rangefinder (GAME BREAKING!), Spray and Play and then a choice of Hand Loaded (even more range), High Caliber bullets or appended mag.

Also bought the hawksaw as it comes with what looks like a near god roll. SPO-28 sight, Fitted Stock/Oiled Frame, Counter Balance, SinglePointSling/Small Bore.

I reckon with Fitted Stock, Counter Balance and Small Bore it is going to wreck.

The crucible fusion also comes with an animal role as well, as far as I know.

The NM Sniper looks to be the same.
    The NM Sidearm looks amazing, much improved from the previous roll.
    The Crucible Hawksaw looks like a god roll.

All in all, most of these changes actually seem better. Now all I need is some more Marks :(

Just a side note: I didn't realise my Hawksaw has a sight, which will highlight guardians with charged supers... How did I not know this??

Just a side note: I didn't realise my Hawksaw has a sight, which will highlight guardians with charged supers... How did I not know this??

That's a must sight for any Fun Police runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Spent 405 marks on special engrams got 2 havoc pigeons and an awful sniper :pac:

fml

I'd only ever buy engrams to waste some marks - have a good few things I want to buy so not wasting them at the moment.

Got the Hawksaw and Conviction III. There are a few fusions and auto's that look good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd only ever buy engrams to waste some marks - have a good few things I want to buy so not wasting them at the moment.

Got the Hawksaw and Conviction III. There are a few fusions and auto's that look good too.

POE Auto is dam good :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    POE Auto is dam good :D

heard that - looked very good on the twitch stream bungie did last week. I've not got dropped an interesting weapon yet. The Queens sidearm is the most interesting one I have got but based on rolls I reckon the Conviction III I bought or my Havoc Pigeon is of more use than it.

Ran the Nightfall with Osprey and Hoch last night. What a bastar'd. Bubble Titan is a must, or at least it was for us. Had so many wipes on the first part and Malok himself. Found that the tunnel at very back of Malok room is probably the best place to camp. You get a blight spawn in there, but a well placed rocket takes care of that. It is the most defensible area, can pick off the adds without too much hassle, and when Malok starts throwing out his Axion Darts, a bubble in the middle of the tunnel is very safe.

Rewards where $hite though. The lads got 20 SC and 15 SC and I got a 315 Ghost. Really was worth it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

heard that - looked very good on the twitch stream bungie did last week. I've not got dropped an interesting weapon yet. The Queens sidearm is the most interesting one I have got but based on rolls I reckon the Conviction III I bought or my Havoc Pigeon is of more use than it.

Oh i got the Auto, 324 with Perfect Balance and Counter Balance. That and my new taken shell is all I got of note. Oh and a 320 Midha that went into my spindle :P

What I want to know is, from those that have been lucky enough, what is Zen Meteor like? Is it good enough to keep, like Moët et Chandon
    in a pretty cabinet?

Rewards where $hite though. The lads got 20 SC and 15 SC and I got a 315 Ghost. Really was worth it. :rolleyes:

I'd be happy enough with the 20 SC's... The Ghost can go do one!

I'd be happy enough with the 20 SC's... The Ghost can go do one!

Yeah, would have preferred the strange coins to be honest. I think one of them got the Malok Helm, can't be too sure. All I got off him where blues?? YAY

• Advertisement

Yeah, would have preferred the strange coins to be honest. I think one of them got the Malok Helm, can't be too sure. All I got off him where blues?? YAY

Yeah SC for 3ofC farming now would be good since you have 3 exotic chances with each round in challenge of elders :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement