Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Are exotics infusing to the level of the dismantled gear?
    Also, are they decrypting above your current light level?

If so that'll make Xur's visit this weekend very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, I'm still waiting confirmation that Exotics also follow the 1:1 ratio with infusion. Bungie have only ever shown legendary infusion at 1:1, and from what I can recall, have never mentioned Exotics in any of the notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On infusion, yep. 1:1 upgrade. I put a second Ram helmet into my Graviton Forfeit and the upgrade was 1:1. (316 --> 324)

As for decryption - everything I have decrypted has come in at a 323/324/325 so far.

I'm pretty sure my exotic helm jumped 1:1 - 9 light levels.

This will really remove a lot of the grind, its how the infusion should have been done from day 1.
    This will mean you can actually build decent dedicated PvP and PvE builds! No more worrying about grinding for infusion fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I brought my 294 NTTE to 315 with a 315 Nirwen's Mercy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone figured out why a load of us lost our clan tags?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its only in game, its fine in the app etc so it will fix itself soon I would imagine.

This will really remove a lot of the grind, its how the infusion should have been done from day 1. This will mean you can actually build decent dedicated PvP and PvE builds! No more worrying about grinding for infusion fuel.

And as you say, makes Xur relevant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its only in game, its fine in the app etc so it will fix itself soon I would imagine.

Yep, they're aware of the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I want my sterling treasure - never got my post-master one yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Open the clan page on Bungie.net (website not app), click the "Interact" button, select the "Repair Playstation/Xbox Clan" option from the menu. Rejoice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just a point on Infusion. Keep an eye on your Rolls for Armour, I decrypted a 324 Helm of St 14 last night but the Roll was better on my 310 one so I infused the 324 into the 310.

I'd only keep a new one if it has a better stat roll than the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Went to the exotic kisok last night to get a y2 dreg's promise (have the y1 version), But its still saying requiring discovery. Thought you'd be able to buy those right away.

This will mean you can actually build decent dedicated PvP and PvE builds! No more worrying about grinding for infusion fuel.

All my high level gear is PvP dedicated, made a point to infuse up my quick revive gear, my boots have the respawn perk, helmets have super energy from revives and gloves have quick melee.

There's so much gear that I just couldn't be arsed to have raid armour with the fancy aura buddy stuff and boots with bonus agility. It's just now my carry extra shotty chest will get some love, before that it was restricted to snipers and sidearms, not that you need that extra sidearm ammo.
    syboit wrote: »
    Went to the exotic kisok last night to get a y2 dreg's promise (have the y1 version), But its still saying requiring discovery. Thought you'd be able to buy those right away.

They need to drop again but I had 2 from running 2 Challenges last night and someone in chat put up the shotty so drop rates are good, possibly guaranteed maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

dudeeile wrote: »
    All my high level gear is PvP dedicated, made a point to infuse up my quick revive gear, my boots have the respawn perk, helmets have super energy from revives and gloves have quick melee.

There's so much gear that I just couldn't be arsed to have raid armour with the fancy aura buddy stuff and boots with bonus agility. It's just now my carry extra shotty chest will get some love, before that it was restricted to snipers and sidearms, not that you need that extra sidearm ammo.

They need to drop again but I had 2 from running 2 Challenges last night and someone in chat put up the shotty so drop rates are good, possibly guaranteed maybe?
    Can't see myself getting Chroma gear due to this. Took months to get full intellect discipline with double sniper ammo perk and the reload speed for each primary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yeah, the drop rates for everything seemed to have increased. I did get a new queenbreakers bow and a wolves shotgun from doing the challenge. Will try the third character tonight to see if anything drops there aswell.

AdamD wrote: »
    Can't see myself getting Chroma gear due to this. Took months to get full intellect discipline with double sniper ammo perk and the reload speed for each primary.

Yep, I'm happy enough with my builds on all characters so won't necessarily be farming for new gear just new light, if something workable drops and fits with my Spring/Summer look then good.

Ran MIDA for a few games last night, still as effective as ever and it was sweet outgunning the DoP for a change.

Same as, but I'm still stuck with a few compromises - My boots have fast revive but don't have extra rockets, etc...

But it's nice to know now, that when the right gear - with the right perks drops, I can just straight infuse and replace them.

Ran MIDA for a few games last night, still as effective as ever and it was sweet outgunning the DoP for a change.

Anyone try out some sniping? Or Fusion Rifles?

I tried some sniping in PoE, didn't get any PvP games in. I didn't see notice much change but I use snapshot on my 1KYS, so that may be mitigating some of the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sniped a bit with Antinomy, felt fine but was running out of ammo a lot, think I was only picking up 4 at a time? Also used An Answering Chord (low RoF auto) and it felt quite strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

What I want to know is, from those that have been lucky enough, what is Zen Meteor like? Is it good enough to keep, like Moët et Chandon
    in a pretty cabinet?

It is amazing to use. Really responsive. Only 3 bullets but they pack a mighty punch. Will have to practice getting it charged up though.

I can't believe it dropped so soon for me. :)

I was going around the tower last night (blatantly showing it off) and when people saw that I had it on my back they all changed their secondary to their Black Spindles....my sniper is bigger than your sniper...lol...

AdamD wrote: »
    Sniped a bit with Antinomy, felt fine but was running out of ammo a lot, think I was only picking up 4 at a time? Also used An Answering Chord (low RoF auto) and it felt quite strong.

I noticed I was only picking up 4 rounds, thought it was because I didn't have my PvP gear on though. But they did nerf the amount of sniper rifle ammo you can carry alright.

HELP REQUIRED......

With DIM back up and running, I was going through my gear, vaulting what can be dismantled, and came across the following:

2 Armour Core / 2 Weapon Core / 7 Token of Flight / 6 Token of Identity / 9 Token of Judgement. I can hand these in to Variks for HoJ rep @ 100 rep each, I believe. All well and dandy, but, what can I do with the following:

227 Ascendant Energy / 196 Ascendant Shards :o
    110 Radiant Energy / 70 Radiant Shards :o

I assume these can be handed in for rep somewhere???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

HELP REQUIRED......

With DIM back up and running, I was going through my gear, vaulting what can be dismantled, and came across the following:

2 Armour Core / 2 Weapon Core / 7 Token of Flight / 6 Token of Identity / 9 Token of Judgement. I can hand these in to Variks for HoJ rep @ 100 rep each, I believe. All well and dandy, but, what can I do with the following:

227 Ascendant Energy / 196 Ascendant Shards :o
    110 Radiant Energy / 70 Radiant Shards :o

I assume these can be handed in for rep somewhere???

Motes at the speaker for all your energy swaps. At least that's what I used mine for as I saw Cormac doing this for Dave when he went through his inventory.

PlainP wrote: »
    Motes at the speaker for all your energy swaps. At least that's what I used mine for as I saw Cormac doing this for Dave when he went through his inventory.

Cool. Obviously been sitting on them for the last year now, just vaulted them and forgot.

Plus, Who visits The Speaker anymore?

There was a thread on Reddit about this recently.

Basically if you want to power level a factions rep:
    Sell energy / shards to the Speaker to max Glimmer.
    Buy Heavy Ammo synths from Variks using Glimmer + 1 Ether seed.

Here's the Thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m2lct/power_leveling_a_faction/

Plus, Who visits The Speaker anymore?

Psst, that's where all the really cool Hunter cloaks are stored, but let's keep that between me and you, okay?

Psst, that's where all the really cool Hunter cloaks are stored, but let's keep that between me and you, okay?

Roger

dudeeile wrote:

You should get a new cloak saying "I wore Speaker cloaks before 1:1" just so everyone knows who started the trend. :p

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    You should get a new cloak saying "I wore Speaker cloaks before 1:1" just so everyone knows who started the trend. :p

I should you're right, it's quite sad but I have different cloaks for different shaders or vice versa so I was coordinating before this chroma fandango.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement