Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, 90k point Challenge of Elders can be done in two runs. Easy? Yes, but I have a feeling that over the next 15 weeks we'll see a truer reflection of CoE, with more difficult modifiers in play. The whole thing seems designed to be done over 3 runs, and I'd imagine that they where aiming for 3 runs that where close. Got the Titan helm and a shotty from Variks, and managed to snag the new consumed Ghost shell in the completion rewards screen.

Nice to see Court of Oryx populated again. 7 of us running it last night and it obviously didn't take long to clear it each time. Best drop was a 328 artifact.

Sterling Treasure; Still awaiting the 3 free postmaster ones, 1 per account for the weekly Crucible Playlist, and a guaranteed 1 per character? for first completion of PoE 41? Gonna be a while, without using Eververse, to get 4 pieces for each gear per class and 4 of the same chroma colours. Let the grind continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sterling Treasure; Still awaiting the 3 free postmaster ones,?

You only get 1 free Postmaster one per account, as opposed to per character. So you get 3 per account per week free (incl weekly Crucible and weekly PoE41) full stop

Patch notes
    Sterling Treasures:
    Players are guaranteed to receive up to three Sterling Treasures per account by doing these actions after the weekly reset:
    Logging a character into the game
    Completing the Level 41 Prison of Elders
    Completing a match in the weekly featured Crucible playlist
    Items found Inside:
    Taken Gear (Vanity)
    Chroma
    Reputation Buffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    You only get 1 free Postmaster one per account, as opposed to per character. So you get 3 per account per week free (incl weekly Crucible and weekly PoE41) full stop

Patch notes

I got a sterling treasure with both my alts in the postmaster but none on my main.

Ah, I can understand the weekly Crucible being account wide, as is the norm, but I would have assumed that PoE 41 would be per character along with the Postmaster.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    I got a sterling treasure with both my alts in the postmaster but none on my main.

And I've gotten none on any.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got a 332 ghost in poe last night and I also got the soulstealters claw(autorifle) at 330 which just melts people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah, I can understand the weekly Crucible being account wide, as is the norm, but I would have assumed that PoE 41 would be per character along with the Postmaster.

And I've gotten none on any.

Thats weird that you got none, surely bungie are aware that people didnt get them?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Thats weird that you got none, surely bungie are aware that people didnt get them?

They are, and the bug with clan tags not appearing ingame for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Ran PoE last night with Mitch and Gowel. We were well past the 30k score by the end (as I imagine most people are at this stage). My contribution to score stank, think the lads scoped the best spots for mopping up the kills. I do hope different modifiers are more of a challenge. Ran PoE 41 last night and final boss was a nightmare. He was a huge Taken captain 'something' the betrayed. He was way more challenging than anything in CoE. I have to imagine CoE @ 42 with with hoards of taken captains roaming with a horrible modifier would make it horrifying.

Yeah, Bungie are aware, not sure what will happen, maybe a hotfoot or a freebie at a later stage.

I got my Postmaster one on the 2nd character I logged in with.

So overall, you get per week for free regardless of the amount of characters you play with

PetKing wrote: »
    My contribution to score stank, think the lads scoped the best spots for mopping up the kills.

Just Jade Rabbit, one shots everything with Crits, has a huge Crit hotbox, does Sniper Level Damage to Bosses while constantly refilling ammo.

It melts everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got one of those sterling silver things and it gave me a level 3 chest-plate. I was significantly underwhelmed. What's the story with those chrome things? Is it just a shader for guns?
    Drops are nice but haven't got anything over 320 yet. I'm assuming it's tied to your LL and the fact my main is only 317 now.

Ran PoE last night with Mitch and Gowel. We were well past the 30k score by the end (as I imagine most people are at this stage). My contribution to score stank, think the lads scoped the best spots for mopping up the kills. I do hope different modifiers are more of a challenge. Ran PoE 41 last night and final boss was a nightmare. He was a huge Taken captain 'something' the betrayed. He was way more challenging than anything in CoE. I have to imagine CoE @ 42 with with hoards of taken captains roaming with a horrible modifier would make it horrifying.

Haven't played much of it but found the level 42 easier than the level 41 but may have been lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ran two Raids up to the Dildo Wall with my Titan and Hunter.

Titan started at 317 finished at 321
    Hunter started 315 finished at 322

I hadn't done a raid since Christmas but bar a few problems on the jumps and forgetting to give a count down on Googlyballs it went fine with very few problems.

Got Taken Legs for my Titan. Bit weird looking down at them :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got one of those sterling silver things and it gave me a level 3 chest-plate. I was significantly underwhelmed. What's the story with those chrome things? Is it just a shader for guns?
    Drops are nice but haven't got anything over 320 yet. I'm assuming it's tied to your LL and the fact my main is only 317 now.

All the armour from Sterling Treasure drops at LL3, you infuse a high level piece into it to bring the LL up and it will also take the stats from the piece you are infusing it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

All the sterling treasure armour drop at LL3, but with the 1:1 infusion they can be upgraded to a useful level very quickly. It is because you can buy them, in that they can be made powerful if you already have powerful gear, but you can't just buy powerful gear.

Chroma just adds a glow of the respective colour to armour or weapons that have a choma node (NB. If you have a nice piece of armour that decrypts with a white chroma node, one of the perk options allows you to change that choma colour for 100 glimmer - but you will lose any chroma you have already put in to it).

Surprised you have got no drops over 320 to be honest. Drops have tended to be near +5 light levels for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Armor drops at 3 because of 100% Infusion and it could be pay to win if they dropped at high levels

Surprised you have got no drops over 320 to be honest. Drops have tended to be near +5 light levels for me.

Ah getting a second character levelled up in the Division has severely impacted the hours of my life I can waste on Destiny :)

it will also take the stats from the piece you are infusing it with.
    This is, unfortunately, not true.

The stats are random for the armour itself. (I put an Int/Dis armour into specter gloves and got an Int/Str spread).

Apparently if you inspect the LL3 armour via the bungie side (or app, not sure) it will show you what stats the piece will roll with once you infuse it.

This is, unfortunately, not true.

The stats are random for the armour itself. (I put an Int/Dis armour into specter gloves and got an Int/Str spread).

Apparently if you inspect the LL3 armour via the bungie side (or app, not sure) it will show you what stats the piece will roll with once you infuse it.

Really? Ah ok. I was holding out on infusing the Spektar gauntlets till I had a Int/Dis piece to get rid of. Interesting.

Inspected on both, show Disc/Str. Underwhelming.

Really? Ah ok. I was holding out on infusing the Spektar gauntlets till I had a Int/Dis piece to get rid of. Interesting

Yup, I had a set land with INT/STR after infusing them with a piece that was INT/DIS

The new Infusion system is class.

Like, i'm still trying to wrap my head around it, it's just so simple now

I've been conditioned to hang onto middle of the road garbage to stagger my upgrades. :P

• Advertisement

Yup, I had a set land with INT/STR after infusing them with a piece that was INT/DIS

The new Infusion system is class.

Like, i'm still trying to wrap my head around it, it's just so simple now

I've been conditioned to hang onto middle of the road garbage to stagger my upgrades. :P

Yeah, it's so bloody simple now. Really should have been like this from the get go.

Still waiting for a Sublime engram to drop. Want me that sexy Shaxx Titan armour.

Yeah, it's so bloody simple now. Really should have been like this from the get go.

I think they are trying with each update to reduce the input that their physiologist team had on ranking up, you can see how different the game is now compared to Vanilla, tDB and HoW when the only way to hit max rank was RNG in 1 activity.

Now, there's tonnes of ways, they obvious realised people will still play and be happier if they don't feel forced to play and rely on RNG and feel manipulated or like a hamster on a wheel.

I have a mate who hasn't played since NM VoG dropped (he's like level 27), will be interesting to see what he thinks when he plays again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Just Jade Rabbit, one shots everything with Crits, has a huge Crit hotbox, does Sniper Level Damage to Bosses while constantly refilling ammo.

I did just Jade Rabbit :)
    The lads were too ;)

Still waiting for a Sublime engram to drop. Want me that sexy Shaxx Titan armour.

Buy one and stop waiting then :P

I did just Jade Rabbit :)
    The lads were too ;)

That last room was great as a hunter.

Reinforcements incoming... Tether, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill.

Thousands of points in a few seconds and done.

I think they are trying with each update to reduce the input that their physiologist team had on ranking up, you can see how different the game is now compared to Vanilla, tDB and HoW when the only way to hit max rank was RNG in 1 activity.

Now, there's tonnes of ways, they obvious realised people will still play and be happier if they don't feel forced to play and rely on RNG and feel manipulated or like a hamster on a wheel.

I have a mate who hasn't played since NM VoG dropped (he's like level 27), will be interesting to see what he thinks when he plays again.

They really are heading in the right direction. The economy is more streamlined now with just the one currency, multiple ways to hit max level, 1:1 infusion. It really is a different beast since Vanilla, and they really learned a lesson with the whole Exotic regrind thing.

Looking forward to what they have in store for years end and D2. If they can produce a Cabal Raid on Mars I'll be a happy camper.

That last room was great as a hunter.

Reinforcements incoming... Tether, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill.

Thousands of points in a few seconds and done.

Yeah, especially with this weeks modifier, Headshot kills on tethered enemies is just criminal. Rediculously easy to rack the points up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

332 queensbreaker & lord of wolves....nice :D

What can I use Etheric Light for? Anywhere that will take it for Rep etc?

• Advertisement

What can I use Etheric Light for? Anywhere that will take it for Rep etc?

Doesnt Petra take it for rep?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement