Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    What can I use Etheric Light for? Anywhere that will take it for Rep etc?
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Doesnt Petra take it for rep?

Yeah Petra Venj will take it for rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hey Cormac....

I cleaned out my Vault of 90% of hoardage just for you.... :)

bite1uW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You did have an incredible amount of rubbish

I actually did the same, moved EVERY consumable and material to the vault using the Gear page.

Then divided them all up evenly with my 3 characters.

It's so fresh and tidy now :)

Zen Meteor gives 15 points of Grimore, no other Exotic gun in the game gives Grimore Points, just Grimore Cards. That's a little odd

Zen Meteor gives 15 points of Grimore, no other Exotic gun in the game gives Grimore Points, just Grimore Cards. That's a little odd

They used to didn't they?

• Advertisement

They used to didn't they?

No, you always get a Grimore Card, but you don't get points for Exotic Weapons. I'm guessing this must be a bug as it means the max Grimore on Playstation is now 5,015 as opposed to a lovely round 5k

No, you always get a Grimore Card, but you don't get points for Exotic Weapons. I'm guessing this must be a bug as it means the max Grimore on Playstation is now 5,015 as opposed to a lovely round 5k

Unless they're compensating for Fate of all Fools

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

boourns, ranked up house of judgment and variks gave me a worse soulstealers claw at 329 :/

Can't for the life of me get a antiquated rune to drop, ranked up eris twice and she's proving to be stingy with them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

wexdevil wrote:
    Can't for the life of me get a antiquated rune to drop, ranked up eris twice and she's proving to be stingy with them

Tier 2 court of Oryx will drop antiquated runes (I think!)

PetKing wrote: »
    Tier 2 court of Oryx will drop antiquated runes (I think!)
    Did 8 earlier today where I used the rune and no luck :(

Just ran a tier 2 by myself there, got a 333 artifact so now im 330 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    boourns, ranked up house of judgment and variks gave me a worse soulstealers claw at 329 :/

Can't for the life of me get a antiquated rune to drop, ranked up eris twice and she's proving to be stingy with them :(

Do you need them yourself or can you join people using them?

I've about 20 in the Vault and 4/5 are charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have what may seem like a stupid question. Is the arms guy worth upgrading. Are the gun tests essentially a bounty. What rank do you have to get to to make it worthwhile. Im currently 310 i think. Has there been any change with the latest patch in how he works?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you need them yourself or can you join people using them?

I've about 20 in the Vault and 4/5 are charged.

Well for the T3 rewards you'd have to be using them yourself.

(did a good few today while other people were using them and all I was getting was crappy blue drops)

The gun tests give you 250 rep per weapon test completed. As you rank up, he gives a small quick mission to perform. Get x kills with y weapon with a telemetry active. Once you reach rank 2, you will be awarded a legendary weapon for use only on the character's class. There's a shotgun, fusion rifle, and sniper at that level. Once you reach rank 3 and perform your final task, you will be awarded a character specific exotic weapon. Hunter gets the Ace Of Spades hand cannon, Titan gets the Fabian Strategy auto rifle, and the warlock gets the Tlaloc scout rifle. Tlaloc is the best of the 3 IMO. Once you reach rank 5, another quest triggers which awards The First Curse hand cannon. I still haven't managed to reach 5 yet, but I understand that the task is a bugger to complete.

Edit: your light level of 310 makes no difference in completing his bounties and there's no changes to how he works since the update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have been having the worst luck with strikes the last two days. Rarely getting paired with anyone, and then when I did get someone earlier a door refused to open, locking both of us out of the boss fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A 10 kill streak in Skirmish is never bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A 313 Dreg's Promise appeared in my inventory and I have absolutely no idea how. I feel like I would definitely remember if it was from an engram or an activity reward. Weird, but wahey! It's great craic in PVP.

Everyone is getting Dregs Promise but me

I cri ;-;

A Neurotic wrote:
    A 313 Dreg's Promise appeared in my inventory and I have absolutely no idea how. I feel like I would definitely remember if it was from an engram or an activity reward. Weird, but wahey! It's great craic in PVP.

A reward from PoE. Would drop once you are back in orbit after completion, unless your special inventory was full in which case, it would go straight to the postmaster

I got some weapons package or something like that from variks after doing the CoE. Now I cant find it. Where is it or what was it?

EDIT: as an aside to this, do people think the suros or bad juju is a better gun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wexdevil wrote: »
    Everyone is getting Dregs Promise but me

I cri ;-;

We'll try again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got some weapons package or something like that from variks after doing the CoE. Now I cant find it. Where is it or what was it?

EDIT: as an aside to this, do people think the suros or bad juju is a better gun?

Did you go back to the Reef?

Suros. Always and forever.

Did you go back to the Reef?

Suros. Always and forever.

Ye i went back to the reef to talk to him and the reward was a weapons pack or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Ye i went back to the reef to talk to him and the reward was a weapons pack or something

If it was the weapon reward you'd have to open there. So it's in your inventory or postmaster.

But if it's because you ranked up House of Judgement it would only be synths/materials.They go straight to your inventory.

Beyond that.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Must be really unlucky. Done about 10 heroic strikes and no legendary drops.

Must be really unlucky. Done about 10 heroic strikes and no legendary drops.

Anything you're looking for in particular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Anything you're looking for in particular?

Would like a Grasp of Malok with a decent role. the new hood of malok. The taken shotgun and the imago loop.

Not a single strike specific drop and not seen the taken version of winters run either.

Pain in the hoop.

Did a heap more T2 CoO and still no antiquated rune :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lads, I'm light level 280 and haven't played destiny since the day they Taken King expansion came out. Want to start heading toward the new max light level.

Scarily I forget a lot of the nuanced intricacies in this game!

What's the best way for me to get up? Is it to get to 290 and then raid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

awec wrote: »
    Lads, I'm light level 280 and haven't played destiny since the day they Taken King expansion came out. Want to start heading toward the new max light level.

Scarily I forget a lot of the nuanced intricacies in this game!

What's the best way for me to get up? Is it to get to 290 and then raid?

Probably the PoE 41 would be your best bet for leveling up. The KF raid levels have been increased to recommended 310nm, 330hm so I would hold off doing that until you are 300 which shouldn't take long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement