Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Probably the PoE 41 would be your best bet for leveling up. The KF raid levels have been increased to recommended 310nm, 330hm so I would hold off doing that until you are 300 which shouldn't take long.

What about vanguard strikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

awec wrote: »
    What about vanguard strikes?

They should also be ok. I've found that PoE is giving better drops atm, but at your level anything you get should be a higher light level seeing as blue gear now goes to 310.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got a 335 taken shotgun from the archron priest strike which pushes me to 334 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone else run into an issue using Invective where you lose ammo after respawning?

Has happened a few times in Skirmish playlist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

after what feels like 15 or 20 runs, I finally got the new taken version of the winters run strike. Fook that is a long one, some amount of bullet sponge crap.

Result of the 20....

No strike specific drops. One exotic engram (3oC) and One legendary.

I feel like bungie has done something, and was forshadowed by "That guy, that specific guy right there.... screw him".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

FFS, twice now I've gotten a soft DC at a boss fight, and when I get back in I'm on a black screen so all I can do is hear the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Angron wrote: »
    FFS, twice now I've gotten a soft DC at a boss fight, and when I get back in I'm on a black screen so all I can do is hear the fight.

that's been around awhile. there's away out of it on the ps anyway. I think you press the dpad left or right. Something like that.

Got a raid done last night and got a boat load of good level gear, including 3 exotics (1 from Golgoroth challenge chest, 1 from dildo room chest and one from the shade).

Heroic strikes may be useless to me but the raid sure did its best to make up for it!

Does three of coins work still on the easy strikes does anyone know? Tried a few of them last week as the level 41 seemed stuck in a loop on the hard Venus one but nothing dropped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Does three of coins work still on the easy strikes does anyone know? Tried a few of them last week as the level 41 seemed stuck in a loop on the hard Venus one but nothing dropped.

Once it has an ultra a 3oC will work on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I got the Zen Meteor last night. Took it for a spin. Incredibly hard to find 4 enemies hanging around in a line to snipe. Don't see how practical this dynamite with a laser beam will be.

PetKing wrote: »
    I got the Zen Meteor last night. Took it for a spin. Incredibly hard to find 4 enemies hanging around in a line to snipe. Don't see how practical this dynamite with a laser beam will be.

Was trying to think of boss fights it would be useful in and I can't think of any. For most enemies it would be a waste using a sniper rifle on them in the first place - you'd rarely get 3 or four enemies in a row that are both worth using a sniper rifle on and can be one shotted by a sniper.

It does look and sound pretty when the ornate gold leafing kicks in on the scope and flames engulf the gun. Then you run around in a panic looking for ad #4 to kill with it. Last about 3/4 seconds then the super explosion is lost but the extra bullet stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got Zen Meteor myself but haven't really looked at it. Does the perk only proc on kills, or will it proc if you're hitting crits on a major?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

It does look and sound pretty when the ornate gold leafing kicks in on the scope and flames engulf the gun. Then you run around in a panic looking for ad #4 to kill with it. Last about 3/4 seconds then the super explosion is lost but the extra bullet stays.

But when that last bullet lands....took me a while to get the hang of it but it is great when you get the 4th hit.

Got Zen Meteor myself but haven't really looked at it. Does the perk only proc on kills, or will it proc if you're hitting crits on a major?

Perk kicks in after 3 quick proc kills. No misses allowed!

Perk kicks in after 3 quick proc kills. No misses allowed!

Well with the way I've been sniping recently, I may as well just shard it now and save myself the bother :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm not the biggest fan of Crucible if I'm by myself but I played my first game of mayhem last night.
    I think I'm in love.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Outside of that perk, how does the Meteor handle compared to something like the Thousand Yard Stare?

I'm not the biggest fan of Crucible if I'm by myself but I played my first game of mayhem last night.
    I think I'm in love.

Mayhem is only on every now and then, great for racking up super / ability / heavy ammo kills for crucible bounties.
    But it's definitely one of the most enjoyable game modes out there.

• Advertisement

I think I'm in love.

Mayhem is a godsend for things like killing guardians with swords. They could do with making an IB Mayhem based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mayhem is only on every now and then, great for racking up super / ability / heavy ammo kills for crucible bounties.
    But it's definitely one of the most enjoyable game modes out there.
    Yeah I finished a Stormcaller bounty I've had since TTK dropped. :D
    Now and again, that's disappointing. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    Mayhem is a godsend for things like killing guardians with swords. They could do with making an IB Mayhem based.
    Yes it's great for farming bounties, maybe I'll even level up my rep with Shaxx. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That would be awful. Mayhem is the furthest thing from a competitive game mode, should never go near Iron Banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    That would be awful. Mayhem is the furthest thing from a competitive game mode, should never go near Iron Banner.

It is however lots of fun... one of my favorite game modes, quick runs, great for rep. I normally play it when I just want to rank up and dont be bothered with dying. And funny enough doesnt affect my KD.

I wouldnt consider IB competitive though.

Angron wrote:
    Outside of that perk, how does the Meteor handle compared to something like the Thousand Yard Stare?

Very smooth, very little recoil, same RoF as 1000ys

Very smooth, very little recoil, same RoF as 1000ys

Basically is like spindle but with faster shooting

Good weapon despite the perks and explosive rounds apparently do 150 more damage now so great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Since the Companion app update last week, it's not been loading up for me on Android. I can check news, community and the like but no access to my guardians or gear, it showed that it was constantly downloading data but would never complete.

Tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it's all good, just thought I'd post up if someone else is experiencing the same.

Ummm

Havent played for a while so I dont know if this is a new glitch or not but twice has happened already that I use a 3oC and get 2 exotic drops (same type but 2 engrams). Like 2 engrams. Happened yesterday while doing the old winters run strike and today again doing the vex one.

I assume that's happened to others before?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I had that happen a few times myself, managed to get all my armour to 335 without raiding, only two things not at 335 are my heavy and artifact.

Still no sign of any antiquated runes >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ummm

Havent played for a while so I dont know if this is a new glitch or not but twice has happened already that I use a 3oC and get 2 exotic drops (same type but 2 engrams). Like 2 engrams. Happened yesterday while doing the old winters run strike and today again doing the vex one.

I assume that's happened to others before?

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Got a drop of a chest and a gauntlet engram once. It just means that the ultra you killed gave you a loot shower, which doubles the number of engrams the enemy drops, including exotics.

I once had 6 engrams, 2 blue, 4 purple drop of Taniks at the end of the HoW strike due to triggering a loot shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement