Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Interesting.

Did help my characters get to 335 tbh. Only my warlock left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've only played 2 hours of Destiny in 2016. I just fell off the game around December 2015. I've got a 294 Light Level Warlock. Would it be a hard grind now up to the cap?

It reminds me that I need to play the new Raid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yep I've seen double exotic engrams drop, not for me, so can't confirm if same type or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've only played 2 hours of Destiny in 2016. I just fell off the game around December 2015. I've got a 294 Light Level Warlock. Would it be a hard grind now up to the cap?

It's never been easier tbh. Everything drops 1 light level above what you are and you can infuse anything without losing light.

No grind at all, never been easier to rank up. Someone will give you the full lowdown but basically new prison of elders and the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If you need help let me know and I can give you a hand, I am not in the message group so you will need to message me separately. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Bohrio wrote: »
    If you need help let me know and I can give you a hand, I am not in the message group so you will need to message me separately. :)

I think you were added to the group yesterday :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think you were added to the group yesterday :P

He was, and has no excuses now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Got a drop of a chest and a gauntlet engram once. It just means that the ultra you killed gave you a loot shower, which doubles the number of engrams the enemy drops, including exotics.

I once had 6 engrams, 2 blue, 4 purple drop of Taniks at the end of the HoW strike due to triggering a loot shower.

Double drops are happening big time in the CoE now. Ive seen 4 people getting double drops in the last 3 or 4 days on it.

BTW anyone got the modifiers for this weeks CoE?

Double drops are happening big time in the CoE now. Ive seen 4 people getting double drops in the last 3 or 4 days on it.

BTW anyone got the modifiers for this weeks CoE?

Resets at 10am

• Advertisement

This weeks CoE

Berserk
    Catapult
    Grenade kill bonus

Bosses:
    Sylok
    Val Aru'un
    Seditious Mind

This weeks CoE

Berserk
    Catapult
    Grenade kill bonus

Bosses:
    Sylok
    Val Aru'un
    Seditious Mind

Looks like theres only one thing for that mess........... HAMMERS :pac:

dudeeile wrote: »

Dude, I'm playing that across the Mic now anytime I'm about to pop them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Dude, I'm playing that across the Mic now anytime I'm about to pop them

Are those good hammers or ba- STOP!!

That NF is going to be the very last thing on my to-do list.

Doing the Raid now if you're 330+ light is like hitting a giant loot piñata every 30 minutes
    Nightfall: The Sunless Cell

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Fresh Troops - Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.
    Match Game - Enemy shields are resistant to all unmatched Elemental Damage.
    Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.
    Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm stuck around the 310 light mark. Had no exotic engrams drop, though I have gotten two exotics from legendaries.

Angron wrote: »
    I'm stuck around the 310 light mark. Had no exotic engrams drop, though I have gotten two exotics from legendaries.

Are you using 3 of Coins before you start each strike and each crucible match?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you using 3 of Coins before you start each strike and each crucible match?

And on each ultra in CoE?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not each strike, it depends on which one I'm doing. Also don't do crucible too much cause my internet is so bad I usually do terribly which is annoying.

Not each strike, it depends on which one I'm doing. Also don't do crucible too much cause my internet is so bad I usually do terribly which is annoying.

Well each strike you do has an ultra at the end so POP a 3oC, go to the reef and do the new Challenge of Elders for high level gear. 3 rounds with an ultra at the end of each run is brilliant for farming :)

Yeah, I suppose I'll give that a go later on. Not a huge CoE fan, but I think that's more to do with the people I've usually been paired with rather than the Challenge itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, I suppose I'll give that a go later on. Not a huge CoE fan, but I think that's more to do with the people I've usually been paired with rather than the Challenge itself.

Just send Jonny an invite and he'll so it for you (it's really his son) you can sit back have a coffee & relax. JC jnr will do all the work. :)

Generally I run it solo with people jumping in and out as they want tbh, send me an invite and when im on later you can hop in and we get you some lovely exotics ;)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just send Jonny an invite and he'll so it for you (it's really his son) you can sit back have a coffee & relax. JC jnr will do all the work. :)

Ah gims, nathan is only really on the PS4 on a Saturday/Sunday.... the rest of the week yis have to put up with my crap skills :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What is the story with the Red Spectre gun - is it down to the base stability that it is crap?

Have made a list of all my primaries and their stats to try work out what to chuck, and red spectre stands out as something that SHOULD be a beast. Medium rate of fire, near high impact.

Gun Type Name Light Level Complete RoF Impact Range Stability Reload Aim Assist Equip Speed Sight (AA) Perk 1 Perk 2 Perk 3
    Auto Rifle Righteous VII 329 Yes 88 8 53 50 49 63 64 Yes Hammer Forged Reinforced Barell Rodeo
    Auto Rifle Antipodal Hindsight 330 No 77 28 32 54 62 45 54 Yes Spray and Play Appended Mag Icarus
    Auto Rifle Arminius-D 310 Yes 100 2 13 78 76 80 65 No Crowd Control Counter Balance Braced Frame
    Auto Rifle Red Specter 306 Yes 88 24 46 12 84 50 70 Yes Hot Swap Reinforced Barell Counter Balance
    Auto Rifle An Answering Cord 299 Yes 77 28 45 50 91 59 23 No Hammer Forged Injection Mould Feeding Frenzy
    Auto Rifle Haakons Hatchet 285 Yes 88 8 27 55 66 79 80 No Spray and Play Small Bore Counter Balance
    Auto Rifle Red Specter 284 No 88 24 26 36 76 50 70 No Spray and Play Reinforced Barell Hidden Hand
    Auto Rifle Does Not Bow 283 No 77 28 36 47 62 65 45 Yes Spray and Play Lightweight Surrounded
    Auto Rifle Antipodal Hindsight 280 Yes 77 28 32 63 62 45 54 Yes Rodeo Fitted Stock Counter Balance

Could somebody provide some clarification for me on the Imprecation quest line. I'm waiting on the hand cannon to be delivered on Wednesday. I understand that I have to infuse it to up its light level and then get 7 proc kills in PvE, are those 7 in a row? Then I understand I have to get the 7 proc kills in PvP, are these in a row (a spree?) Or over the course of the match? Could I finish a match on 5 and get 2 the next match to reach 7? Could anyone recommend a particular crucible type suited to accomplishing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Could somebody provide some clarification for me on the Imprecation quest line. I'm waiting on the hand cannon to be delivered on Wednesday. I understand that I have to infuse it to up its light level and then get 7 proc kills in PvE, are those 7 in a row? Then I understand I have to get the 7 proc kills in PvP, are these in a row (a spree?) Or over the course of the match? Could I finish a match on 5 and get 2 the next match to reach 7? Could anyone recommend a particular crucible type suited to accomplishing this?
    In PVP they just need to be in the one match, don't need to be a spree - but it has to be one match.

In PvE they need to be a spree - you need to get a precision kill with each round of the mag, which will give you a bonus bullet which then also needs to be a precision kill.

In PvE they need to be a spree - you need to get a precision kill with each round of the mag, which will give you a bonus bullet which then also needs to be a precision kill.

that PvP task could be a nightmare.

I'm thinking waking the Hive or the first lamp in CE.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    that PvP task could be a nightmare.

I'm thinking waking the Hive or the first lamp in CE.

PVP get a few of us to rumble with you :P

PVE, go to the sunless cell and on the last bridge with all the thrall is the best spot i found to do that quest :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement