Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dudeeile wrote: »

Been shouting it the last few days mate. I don't think it will hurt for all voices to be heard, good or bad, on that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Can you spam it with a load of +1's or is everyone just allowed 1 vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PlainP wrote: »
    Can you spam it with a load of +'s or is everyone just allowed 1 vote?

1 vote only but it's looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    If you're looking for competitive games, its best to stay in Trials with a full card. Personally I find tough, close games more enjoyable so did that for a while, not to stop people from getting there but to have better games as Destiny doesn't have private games so this is as close to competitive Destiny as you can get really.

I was thinking I would like this but having ran 5 times when going 8-0 against people rank dtr 50 I am not sure I like it anymore lol

In all fairness, some of these players were on their last game as well so to them we werent much of a challenge so this system doesnt really benefit the average players but only the ones with good scores, for them its an easy run.

So the trick is, stick to playing with players with high dtr level and you will be paired up against low level players! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know how long Game Collection will take to deliver? Also, any promo codes out there? ;) gonna buy Taken King from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Wow... just did the imprecation 7 kill spree in PvP on my first attempt on Clash...

I thought it would take me hours to get it as I havent used a handcannon in months... pleased to get that out of the way ;)

Now I got all y2 exotics (so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finally got my Black Spindle, cheers Optimus an Cuhlcannon

I'll have the formalisation of that communication ready for you on the moro Sniper_Samurai :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone on xb1 up for trying the black spindle?

Anyone on xb1 up for trying the black spindle?

So I tried this strike, got to the last room with the three relic lock, went over to the door on the right but it was locked. I scanned it with my ghost and he said the fallen fingerprints are all over it but we just missed them?

Does that mean I missed out on getting the spindle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So I tried this strike, got to the last room with the three relic lock, went over to the door on the right but it was locked. I scanned it with my ghost and he said the fallen fingerprints are all over it but we just missed them?

You were to slow getting there or you died on the way to the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

You can just keep retrying it

You still looking to get this?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You were to slow getting there or you died on the way to the door.

Ahhhn ok... Yea I think I died along the way.
    ibFoxer wrote: »
    You still looking to get this?

I am indeed if you're on?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Haven't managed to grab Black Spindle...got close a couple of times.

Anyone still up willing to drag me along?

on ps4 btw

Cheers

Big thanks to foxer and manad... Got the spindle on my third attempt!

Hovering at 299 now... Needs more raids...

Happy to help :)

Raids will be done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Any advice on the best vendor shotgun available, ideally decent range but quick firing a must. I cannot get to grips with Conspiracy D, not chance of getting a second round off with that yolk.

Edit: anyone using Nm Burden of Proof, Looks decent on paper and might fit the bill.

The hakke gunsmith shotgun (think it's Longbow) has almost the same range as Conspiracy Theory but has three times the rate of fire. Good shotgun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

a few attempts myself last night with some random american's from lfg. After we get the obligatory "your from Ireland, I'd love to visit there" speech out of the way we gave it a good shot, but didnt get it :(

Did manage to get the exotic shotgun invection from a legandary engram though.

What do people recommend, kill the boss first, or try for to rid the blights first ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The hakke gunsmith shotgun (think it's Longbow) has almost the same range as Conspiracy Theory but has three times the rate of fire. Good shotgun

Might be the Strongbow, you were very close. It's fast firing but would require a descent perk to bring it near Conspiracy for range, fire rate my biggest consideration tho. I'll check this and the NM one out nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Might be the Strongbow, you were very close. It's fast firing but would require a descent perk to bring it near Conspiracy for range, fire rate my biggest consideration tho. I'll check this and the NM one out nonetheless.

Last time it dropped it dropped with rangefinder and rifled barrel. I have that one and use it instead of Conspiracy Theory ... it's the longest range fast firing shotgun available now imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    a few attempts myself last night with some random american's from lfg. After we get the obligatory "your from Ireland, I'd love to visit there" speech out of the way we gave it a good shot, but didnt get it :(

Did manage to get the exotic shotgun invection from a legandary engram though.

What do people recommend, kill the boss first, or try for to rid the blights first ?

General consensus is burn the boss down first, preferably with swords, then get to work on the adds. Maybe have one person control the blight bubbles if your damage is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

General consensus is burn the boss down first, preferably with swords, then get to work on the adds. Maybe have one person control the blight bubbles if your damage is good enough.

thanks, logged on there, but looks like its gone again for today. Next time :)

I spent €19.99 on Silver last night since I've gotten such good value from tTK so far.... nearly finished ALL the quests on my Main Warlock now. Just some waiting and mask left. Even did the old Vanilla stuff from the Quest Machine by the Vanguard and other words in this post distracting from the €19.99 I spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I spent €19.99 on Silver last night since I've gotten such good value from tTK so far.... nearly finished ALL the quests on my Main Warlock now. Just some waiting and mask left. Even did the old Vanilla stuff from the Quest Machine by the Vanguard and other words in this post distracting from the €19.99 I spent

Anytime I do something stupid like this I try and pawn it off on the alcohol. At least I have some nifty dance moves / taunts to show for it this time round.
    In fairness the value for money is not a bad argument in this case.

I've gotten almost 2 months out of the Taken King on 1 character to be fair :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm all over the place on my characters. The Titan has more or less everything - I need to close off the swords. I knew I was going to get into trouble with those calcified fragments and don't know what ones I'm missing on the Warlock/Hunter. The other two charcters have some quests outstanding which I need to complete and also need to look at doing some of the PvP quests - Jolly Holiday I'm not looking forward to.
    In saying that some of my friends were complaining about the range they were being put down at by TLW, so maybe there's a glitch I can exploit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In saying that some of my friends were complaining about the range they were being put down at by TLW, so maybe there's a glitch I can exploit :P

You get 3% for a win. So if you're about to win with about 5 seconds on the clock equip TLW. Thats if you really want to grind it.

Oh and don't get killed as soon as you equip it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally reached level 40 :D still havent found anyone to help me do the Vault of Glass on PS4 tho, I started the other day and 1 other person was trying it with me but he up and left on me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm all over the place on my characters. The Titan has more or less everything - I need to close off the swords. I knew I was going to get into trouble with those calcified fragments and don't know what ones I'm missing on the Warlock/Hunter. The other two charcters have some quests outstanding which I need to complete and also need to look at doing some of the PvP quests - Jolly Holiday I'm not looking forward to.

There is a glitch where you can get the hipfire bonus damage and that to proc while aiming down the sights on TLW. I'm not sure how to do it though, think it's pressing fire and aim at the same time.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Finally reached level 40 :D still havent found anyone to help me do the Vault of Glass on PS4 tho, I started the other day and 1 other person was trying it with me but he up and left on me.

I'll do it this week if you like. Just not today or tomorrow (need to knock out my post-reset stuff 1st)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement