Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    that PvP task could be a nightmare.

I'm thinking waking the Hive or the first lamp in CE.

PvP is a tough one, especially as it is a fairly poor handcannon. It was slighted buffed recently, i think, though.

Sure if you can't end up getting the PvP part done, just cheese it in Rumble - either with 2 friends or 5 (classic 3vs3 can end up matching two fire teams together easily enough if you time it right)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm thinking waking the Hive or the first lamp in CE.

No, Siege of the Warmind is your friend for farming any kills really, especially ones where they need to line up

Just don't kill the Knight at the top of the stairs, kill all the thralls then jump off the edge.

Get about 30-40 kills a run

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like the idea of handcannons, however in practice I'm not great using them :pac: I prefer auto rifles and scout rifles, I find I'm generally more accurate with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Crucible Weekly this week is Inferno Rumble.

Guess it'll be just the two Sterling treasures for me this week! :D

Crucible Weekly this week is Inferno Rumble.

Guess it'll be just the two Sterling treasures for me this week! :D

Equip Shotgun
    Hide in a Corner
    Weep
    Claim Rewards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

People in Rumble annoy me, greatly.

We can both see eachother on radar, you keep pushing away, why? Its a kill race. Stop avoiding gun fights, you're making yourself lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok, so another thing that I dont know if it is normal but I suspect it is not

While doing the raid I get normal raid drops with high level, for instance, see below

13047687_1536075386689156_2508256405821343872_o_zpsykco7rol.jpg

I suspect it might have something to do with carrying moldering shards as I always get this drops at Oryx although I could be wrong, anyone notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok, so another thing that I dont know if it is normal but I suspect it is not

While doing the raid I get normal raid drops with high level, for instance, see below

I suspect it might have something to do with carrying moldering shards as I always get this drops at Oryx although I could be wrong, anyone notice this?

Yup, I got harrowed and non harrowed stuff from golgoroth last week at the same high 330+ levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The hot fix last week brought KF drops to 335 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

The hot fix last week brought KF drops to 335 light.

Yes but these are normal mode gear. From what I heard normal mode gear should have drop only at max 320... anyway not sure if it is a bug or not but apparently it is something to do with the challenge mode :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first exotic engram drop :D Dropped from Alak-Hul, gave me a fancy pair of booties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Angron wrote: »
    Got my first exotic engram drop :D Dropped from Alak-Hul, gave me a fancy pair of booties.

An exotic weapon now and you won't know yourself... :)

Yeah, I got a bit caught up with other stuff so I couldn't really do the CoE stuff, but if I have time tomorrow and someone's doing them I might give it a lash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a bit caught up with other stuff so I couldn't really do the CoE stuff, but if I have time tomorrow and someone's doing them I might give it a lash.

They take about 20 minutes for a full run. After 1 run you should be able to cash in for a weapon and after 3 runs you will get armour and they will drop at high levels.

I expected to hate Inferno Rumble.

Ended up getting matched on "The Drifter" map

It was actually really fun, a bit like an actual came of Hide and Seek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    I expected to hate Inferno Rumble.

Ended up getting matched on "The Drifter" map

It was actually really fun, a bit like an actual came of Hide and Seek :)

Great game mode, absolute shame it doesn't count towards Grimoire, Rumble the way it should be played in my opinion.

Think COD radar is ideal tbh

dudeeile wrote: »
    Great game mode, absolute shame it doesn't count towards Grimoire, Rumble the way it should be played in my opinion.

Yup, I won and I was in there like a lightnigh bolt checking the grimore. Pity, since it was the weekly Treasure mode, I was just going to farm unsuspecting newbies :)

all roads lead to 335. The strikes route is good, got a 335 fusion from alah-kul last night but it really needs to be a nightfall to increase their drop rates.

• Advertisement

You can cheese LL-Cool-J by using ONLY swords, supers and grenades (he won't teleport then) but the thing is, with those mods, I'd actually need to physically get up to him and the end of the strike, and I can't be arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Could somebody lend me a hand later on the Void sword stike of Alak-hul? Last sword I need. Glad to see that back of them tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Could somebody lend me a hand later on the Void sword stike of Alak-hul? Last sword I need. Glad to see that back of them tbh

When i get home later i will :)

You can cheese LL-Cool-J by using ONLY swords, supers and grenades (he won't teleport then) but the thing is, with those mods, I'd actually need to physically get up to him and the end of the strike, and I can't be arsed

I think its my least favorite strike, it can feel like a slog sometimes. Even more so, some idiot last night from lfg, kicked me when we got to the boss!!

syboit wrote: »
    I think its my least favorite strike, it can feel like a slog sometimes. Even more so, some idiot last night from lfg, kicked me when we got to the boss!!

Oh, what a sickener, that's why i'd always make my own LFG group. Too risky for me

Of the strikes I've done, The Sunless Cell and Echo Chamber are the ones I like doing the least. I find the arc core parts in Echo Chamber needlessly tedious in particular.

Only 40 points behind you, but that is made up of a lot of 3v3 games and rumble.

2nd in win loss ratio :pac: never catching that first guy though

• Advertisement

Unless I am blind, they don't have a Sidearm kills/precision kills leaderboard, I see an opening for you Cormac.

That being said, you are number 1 for AR precision kills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement