Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Unless I am blind, they don't have a Sidearm kills/precision kills leaderboard, I see an opening for you Cormac.

That being said, you are number 1 for AR precision kills.

I'm sooooo gonna tweet those lads :D

Yeah, given I only used AR's for like 3 months when the game launched. I must have played a LOT of PvP then. It's still my most used weapon on my Warlock :D

I got real good with the old Suros pre-nerf

EDIT: fecking Hoch was only 5 points above me when I 1st posted that link, now he's top, what a filth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So who'd buy a Playstation 4 neo for Destiny 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

me, where can I get one. Can I pre-order?

I still have P.T. installed on my PS4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »

60th. Proud of that. Also depending on if 2 lads I think may still be considered in the clan I'm either 13/15th in that respect.

Stressing the "I think".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Back it up to USB if your "upgrading"....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Varik wrote: »
    So who'd buy a Playstation 4 neo for Destiny 2?

Was going to probably buy one either way......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I didn't really get the whole P.T. craze, I ended up googling how to finish it and was left underwhelmed.
    Some great parts, most not so great, the ending was just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Managed to get a nice bit of loot from a strike before the servers went down for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I didn't really get the whole P.T. craze, I ended up googling how to finish it and was left underwhelmed.
    Some great parts, most not so great, the ending was just bizarre.

After it was announced that the full game was cancelled, people were paying upwards of €1,000 for consoles that had P.T installed on it.

Probably just Hideo Kojima or Guillermo Del Toro fanatics that would pay extra like that but I'd be reluctant to uninstall it myself tbh!

• Advertisement

Unless I am blind, they don't have a Sidearm kills/precision kills leaderboard, I see an opening for you Cormac.

Spoke to the lads at DestinyTracker.com and that is now resolved :)

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/leaderboards/ps/KillsSideArm?grouped=true&page=1&country=Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Well thats got Eires total of 24 beat :p

And look, you are top of it, as I thought you would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played this again last night and tonight. First plays in a long while and by god it's still good. Sucks you in so fast.

I like the new pvp stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Anyone having xbone party chat issues tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Anyone having xbone party chat issues tonight?

It's down

Thx

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

had my first LFG experience this week. The Destiny community is just full of awesome people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Who can tell me where the best place is to farm Ogre's(73)/Hydra's(133)/Colossus'(25). I need to finish off the Grimoire for them (and a lot of others).

• Advertisement

Who can tell me where the best place is to farm Ogre's(73)/Hydra's(133)/Colossus'(25). I need to finish off the Grimoire for them (and a lot of others).

Orges: Keep doing CoO (especially when it's the Tier 3 Wizard/Giant Ogre combo) other than that there is a mission you can do but it's painful.
    I'd almost wait until that Tier 3 boss comes around and get in a fireteam. You could do like 20 Tier 3 runes and really rack up the Ogre Kills

Hydras, the mission the Black Garden, right before you form the key thingy to open the doorr to the giant minotaurs, there is a red health Hydra down to the right, get down to 50% health, Shotgun the Hydra and stand in it's death blast to wipe.

Colossus: Keep doing the full Valus strike (has bout 5 of them a run). Just do it on normal (level 14?) difficulty. Good chance to try out new weapons

Near the end of Shrine of Oryx, the checkpoint before you use the gatelords head in Black Garden and outside Valus Ta'aurcs ship on Mars Patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

For Ogres do the Shrine of Oryx mission, kill Ogre, jump off edge, rinse and repeat

Make sure you do the missions on lowest difficulty because as I found out after spending 2 hours doing it one night, yellow bar enemies don't count towards grimoire kill count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hydras, the mission the Black Garden, right before you form the spire there is a red health Hydra, get down to 50% health, Shotgun the Hydra and stand in it's death blast to wipe.

You don't need to do the mission. That Hydra is always there. Just go on patrol, kill it. It will respawn in about 2 minutes. If you want then go up to Valas' tank kill the Colossus outside that. Then fly back down.

You don't need to do the mission. That Hydra is always there. Just go on patrol, kill it. It will respawn in about 2 minutes. If you want then go up to Valas' tank kill the Colossus outside that. Then fly back down.

Different Hydra. Doing the Black Garden mission and doing as Cormac said at the boss entrance is quicker.

For Ogres do the Shrine of Oryx mission, kill Ogre, jump off edge, rinse and repeat

Make sure you do the missions on lowest difficulty because as I found out after spending 2 hours doing it one night, yellow bar enemies don't count towards grimoire kill count

This is FAR slower (and less rewarding) than doing Tier 3 runes (and I'd know, I did both)
    You can get like >6 ogres per Tier 3 rune.
    Different Hydra. Doing the Black Garden mission and doing as Cormac said at the boss entrance is quicker.

Yeah, I meant before the boss, not at the gate
    Plus that Hydra gets despawned now when the taken come and you have to drive 2 areas way to get it to respawn, overall much more tedious that doing the Black Garden
    outside Valus Ta'aurcs ship on Mars Patrol.

Doing the strike gives you 1 at the door when you spawn in, 2 (i think) in the room with ads, 1 after that room where the interceptors are and 1 before Valus land tank shop thingy

Plus you can shoot ole Rockets McD!ckface right in his face

As I also need to do 8 more public events, I assume CoO count as those too? 2 birds one stone.

As I also need to do 8 more public events, I assume CoO count as those too? 2 birds one stone.

Yes

Yes

Superb, though CoE and IB this week will severely hamper progress on the Grimoire front. IB will help with the 1,647 PvP kills I need on the Hunter though. :D:o

With the amount of time being invested into IB, might be the most opportune time to start using the Crucible Rep Boosters. With each Booster providing a 2 hour boost to both you and your teammates, we could see some decent gains there.

• Advertisement

Nightfall: Fallen S.A.B.E.R.

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
    Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

NOPE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement