Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Challenge of Elders

Modifiers
    Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.
    Melee Kill Bonus - Melee kills are worth more points.

So, wear the Ram

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Challenge of Elders

Modifiers

So, wear the Ram

Monte Carlo to recharge those Melee !!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Monte Carlo to recharge those Melee !!

Good call. I've literally never bothered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Man, those modifiers do not look fun! Ah well, will give it about 9 bashes!

Reduces it mainly, but has the CHANCE to fully charge it.

• Advertisement

Reduces it mainly, but has the CHANCE to fully charge it.

Good thing that Life steal proc on all hits with the Ram.

Can see myself doing a run with the Warlock anyway. The other 2 Iight just do the 30k run and see how tedious it is :P

Good thing that Life steal proc on all hits with the Ram.

Can see myself doing a run with the Warlock anyway. The other 2 Iight just do the 30k run and see how tedious it is :P

True - reckon Warlock will be the 'go to' class again this week.

Though Titan with Force Barrier (and generating orbs on each melee kill while active) could be usefull - slap on the acd/0 feedback fence maybe too, usefull for when up close. One of the Hunter arms grants and addition melee charge and then Don't Touch Me's could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Challenge of Elders

Modifiers

So, wear the Ram

Looks like I'll be running Gunslinger & Stormcaller. No idea of what is best for Titan - maybe Sunbreaker?

The Raid is a better source of stuff between 330 and 335 though.

I guess I'll see what the anecdotal evidence is later. But I will be focusing on Iron Banner this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

One of the Hunter arms grants and addition melee charge and then Don't Touch Me's could be good.

Sealed Ahamkara Grasps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be running Gunslinger & Stormcaller. No idea of what is best for Titan - maybe Sunbreaker?

Melee with my armour generates an orb so i'll be fisting them all to their doom :P

nevelator wrote: »

Defender with Disintigrate - Gift of Light(Every Melee kill generates an Orb) could be Viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Challenge of Elders

Modifiers

So, wear the Ram
    Was debating whether or not to buy it... Guess that's made my mind up.

I've used it in Crucible a bit now as an alternative to my Mida.

Works well in control with Nightstalker and double Venom Smoke and Max strength.

Smoke all the doorways :)

True - reckon Warlock will be the 'go to' class again this week.

Though Titan with Force Barrier (and generating orbs on each melee kill while active) could be usefull - slap on the acd/0 feedback fence maybe too, usefull for when up close. One of the Hunter arms grants and addition melee charge and then Don't Touch Me's could be good.

No Back Up Plans for Titan = Constant Force Barrier = Punch All The Things !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Trickle really slows down the melee charge though.

Oh missed that bit :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might try Khepri's Sting, 4X melee damage when invisible + all sub class invisibility, and go with gun slinger for the instant recharging knife throw (with precision kill).

Also has Switchblade for decreased melee attack cooldown time.

Does Ark blade count as a melee, don't think so but if it did maybe Mask of the Third Man

Does it not proc on a shotgun kill?

Edit: Force barrier proc's on a shotgun kill, melee doesn't. Which means if you get in trouble, kill them with shotty then keep punching.

Does it not proc on a shotgun kill?

Edit: Force barrier proc's on a shotgun kill, melee doesn't. Which means if you get in trouble, kill them with shotty then keep punching.

Shotgun and Melee kill now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

There's a page over on that social network site called 'Destiny PS4 community'. The salt and misinformation you can obtain from it is just hilarious.

"Shotgun kills trigger Force Barrier and Force Barrier's duration is increased".

So Kills with a shotgun will trigger Force Barrier.
    Force Barrier with Unbreakable perk & Relentless perks, Force Barrier continually recharges and lasts much longer.

So even if your melee isn't charged, you'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

"Shotgun kills trigger Force Barrier and Force Barrier's duration is increased".

So Kills with a shotgun will trigger Force Barrier.
    Force Barrier with Unbreakable perk & Relentless perks, Force Barrier continually recharges and lasts much longer.

So even if your melee isn't charged, you'll be laughing.

Nah, if you dont have a melee charge a shotgun kill doesnt do anything.

I found a site that helps you pick the armour and perks to give you different tier 10/11/12 builds

http://destinytailor.com

I found a site that helps you pick the armour and perks to give you different tier 10/11/12 builds

Seems to only work based on the armour your toon is currently wearing - or my Hunter and Warlock can only be 5-5-0. Have three options for the Titan but its just playing around with the armour already on him.

Would be a far better site if it could take your other pieces into the equation.

That's a nice little addition to the Destiny Website list.
    Seems to only work based on the armour your toon is currently wearing - or my Hunter and Warlock can only be 5-5-0. Have three options for the Titan but its just playing around with the armour already on him.

Would be a far better site if it could take your other pieces into the equation.

I'd say give them time. They'll soon get all the API stuff connected to allow for an optimum loadout based on your storage and vault slots too.

How do you choose anything, mine is currently 5,5,0 but it's giving me 5,4,0 (360 int)

Working on 1 character, other 2 isn't and giving the helmet I've got a "Intellect + 0"

Is 320 at much of a disadvantage now with a 15 light difference now.

Got the monday off so more time if I did raid/COE before jumping in to see if I can jump up a level or 2.

Varik wrote: »

Got the monday off so more time if I did raid/COE before jumping in to see if I can jump up a level or 2.

In PvP?

Well for reference the Jade Rabbit does 75 damage normally in a headset

With me being 333 and my opponent at 311 I was doing 77 damage with a headshot

So anecdotally that's 2 damage per 22 light levels.
    So that's a 2.66666% damage shift for 22 light levels or approx 2.5% for 20 light levels. Or 1.25% for 10 light levels.

So a player at 335 shooting you would only be doing 1.875% extra damage and you would be doing 1.875% less damage.

Thing is, a lot of guns do 10-35 damage a shot, so they won't even be affected by a percentage shift so small.

For PvE:

320 is plenty sufficient for ANY content including Hard Challenge Oryx

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »

against 330 opponents you'll be doing about 2.5% less damage. Against 335 I think it will be around 4.5% less damage.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13754

The graph there is a bit misleading - the 1,2,3 at the top are not individual light levels, it is blocks of 10 light.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement