Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

General Jade Rabbit PvP query: should I be aiming to body shot from the get go then going for the proc kill with bonus damage, or just constant head shots?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    General Jade Rabbit PvP query: should I be aiming to body shot from the get go then going for the proc kill with bonus damage, or just constant head shots?

I have a specific JR query tho: When the fubar will my one drop :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I use smart drift control personally as I find it's recoil to be about the length of time it takes to fire a 2nd bullet

I aim for the head. Drop them in 3 shots easy. It's got a huge amount of that thing that makes the enemy head hitboxes bigger

I believe it is something to do with it's insane range which is intrinsically linked to accuracy

You rrslly don't need to stack body shots before getting the head shot. Bare in mind it's doing 75 damage a headshot and like 46 (i think) a body shot so you can 3 shot almost all enemies with 2 heads and a body (given if the body is the 1st or 2nd shot it will buff the next shot to about 80 damage).

Or you can get the kill with 3 bodies and a head or 5 bodies overall.

If you stack a couple of body shots due to bad aim etc you can hit for like 92-95 headset crits.

It's a gun that takes some getting used to due to the slow fire rate and large recoil, but it's worth getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I use smart drift control personally as I find it's recoil to be about the length of time it takes to fire a 2nd bullet

I aim for the head. Drop them in 3 shots easy. It's got a huge amount of that thing that makes the enemy head hitboxes bigger

I believe it is something to do with it's insane range which is intrinsically linked to accuracy

Yep - three headshots, pop pop pop. I don't think for PvP the exotic perk on it is all that useful. I've never ran the numbers on it but I can't imagine the increase in damage on the second shot would make a significant difference in time to kill. I also wouldn't be aiming to obtain the ammo refill either - don't want to be in engagements long enough for that to matter most of the time, really.

I use JR in crucible because it hits like a truck, has a decent rate of fire to go with it and the aim assist is huge on it. I also love the fact that aiming down sights highlights the enemy in red - very useful for spotting people trying to hide, or beyond a vortex/smoke grenade etc.

Cormac... wrote:

I was playing some warm up Clash at the weekend on Blind Watch. Our team was spawning outside so we stayed back rather than run inside feeding kills. We backed up towards A and picked them off as they emerged. I was Jade Rabbiting snipers down on the roof by C from back up at A, it was plain silly! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had my first go at PvP last night for the Iron Banner. First game I did poorly, finished last with 7-13, but after that I was doing a bit better, with my best result being 18-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In PvP?

Well for reference the Jade Rabbit does 75 damage normally in a headset

With me being 333 and my opponent at 311 I was doing 77 damage with a headshot

So anecdotally that's 2 damage per 22 light levels.
    So that's a 2.66666% damage shift for 22 light levels or approx 2.5% for 20 light levels. Or 1.25% for 10 light levels.

So a player at 335 shooting you would only be doing 1.875% extra damage and you would be doing 1.875% less damage.

Thing is, a lot of guns do 10-35 damage a shot, so they won't even be affected by a percentage shift so small.

For PvE:

320 is plenty sufficient for ANY content including Hard Challenge Oryx

Ye it was just for PVP with the IB.

Yep - three headshots, pop pop pop. I don't think for PvP the exotic perk on it is all that useful. I've never ran the numbers on it but I can't imagine the increase in damage on the second shot would make a significant difference in time to kill. I also wouldn't be aiming to obtain the ammo refill either - don't want to be in engagements long enough for that to matter most of the time, really..

100% this
    The Exotic perk is a "nice to have" but you're never ever going to be intentionally trying to get it to proc by intentionally getting a body shot.
    I can't think of a time the increased damage in PvP was sufficient to get a kill that I would not have otherwise gotten ANYWAY by getting a headshot

headshots would have done the job regardless
    Body (46), Body (46), Head (86?) = Not enough to get a kill regardless
    Body (46), Body (46), Body (46), Head (92?) = 230 (would have been a kill anyway if the headsjhot was standard 75 damage. You only need ~200 to get a kill)
    Body (46), Head (80?), Body (46), Head (80?) = Doesn't matter, 75 damage would have done enough per headshot here

More often than not you'll get some combination of 2 headshots (2x75 = 150) and a body (46?) to normally get the kill (except in VERY high armour builds)
    I was playing some warm up Clash at the weekend on Blind Watch. Our team was spawning outside so we stayed back rather than run inside feeding kills. We backed up towards A and picked them off as they emerged. I was Jade Rabbiting snipers down on the roof by C from back up at A, it was plain silly! :D

Once you get good with it, you start popping off 3 heashots and you're like "damn I ran out of ammo" I keep going to reload when I'm drunk and I'm like "huh, I still have a full mag" (it's cause i'm missing more headshots cause my aim isn't as good)

Yeah, it's a sniper melter in 6v6 and some 3v3
    The thing is, if you're running with 2 people looking down 1 alley you can fecking WRECK lads before they even know whats what cause the TTK is so good.

Me and Conovar have done this even on Trials (in Frontier). They are dead in less than 2-team-shots.

It's a vicious gun to run in a group cause the enemy is like "hello" - No Shield - "WTF?" - dead

The range also doesn't drop off until you play Combined Arms maps.
    I run it in Trials, and can deal with average snipers fairly handily (the MLG guys with 2.5KDR are a different story)

I'm pretty sure I've converted Dudeeile, Bashful and few others to it now (Nev? Chimp? JCD? :P)
    That being said it's best paired with a Sidearm or Shotgun.
    If you're a really good sniper, it might not have synergy with your load out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Actually, quick question: Is the Shadow Price assault rifle considered particularly good? Was doing a strike last night and one of the people I was doing it with asked me where I'd gotten mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Used Cormac's baby last night for my 10 Scout Rifle kills and its nice. Perfect weapon to use against people who snipe but really shouldn't be sniping. Drops people surprisingly quickly and doesn't feel crazy heavy which is my main issue with Scouts. Hit boxes are silly big too.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Actually, quick question: Is the Shadow Price assault rifle considered particularly good? Was doing a strike last night and one of the people I was doing it with asked me where I'd gotten mine.

It was an unbelievable weapon in October 2014 and everyone loved it till about December 2014 or so when there was a huge AR nerf.
    Most of the love is based on nostalgia, unless you have a particularly amazing roll on it which gives huge stability and range

Ah, fair enough. I've been using it or the Answering Chord (it seems I only get high level ARs any more, don't think I've ever gotten a legendary pulse rifle, scouts have always been outclassed by the ARs I've gotten, and I'm just bad with handcannons).

Ah, fair enough. I've been using it or the Answering Chord (it seems I only get high level ARs any more, don't think I've ever gotten a legendary pulse rifle, scouts have always been outclassed by the ARs I've gotten, and I'm just bad with handcannons).

Get involved with the Gunsmith

Yeah, I've started working my way through his stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also a few of the vanguard packages give ok weapons from what I remember?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Also a few of the vanguard packages give ok weapons from what I remember?

Indeed they do - got a quality scout off one the other night. Badger CCL (Colovance/Jade Rabbit Archtype) with True Sight, Zen Moment, Braced Frame (or Extended Mag/Rifled Barrel) and Third Eye. Stats wise it beats my Colovance on Stability, Reload and Aim Assist.

Plus, f**k that Convolances sights. Way too busy

Plus, f**k that Convolances sights. Way too busy

Unfortunately the True Sight one is the irritating green one - same one as on the Colovance - not a fan.

But...

Stability+5
    Reload+8
    Handling+8
    Aim Assist+5

I think I got the Shadow Price from a Vanguard package, I'm not 100% sure though.

I think I got the Shadow Price from a Vanguard package, I'm not 100% sure though.
    I got one off a vanguard pack last week - an horrendously rubbish roll though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'm pretty sure I've converted Dudeeile, Bashful and few others to it now (Nev? Chimp? JCD? :P)
    That being said it's best paired with a Sidearm or Shotgun.
    If you're a really good sniper, it might not have synergy with your load out

I haven't been converted yet, still running my Doctor of Passion & trying to get good with a sniper at the moment.
    I do have those weekly bounties to do - so I may equip it for those and see how I get on. The only scouts I used in PvP was the VoC and the Tlaloc.

nevelator wrote: »
    The only scouts I used in PvP was the VoC and the Tlaloc.

People rave about the Tlaloc but I find it really hard to get crit hits with it even in PvE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

People rave about the Tlaloc but I find it really hard to get crit hits with it even in PvE

Jade Rabbit Pew.......Pew........Pew

Tlaloc (normal) pew pew pew

Tlaloc (with super) pewpewpewpewpepwpwewepepew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm up to 300 now. My ocd was getting to me at 299 so kept going.

That really was a bad idea.

I now remember that this game is stupidly addictive.

Just one game I told myself. Just give it a go for the craic. Just to play an FPS again.

You can put it down and go back to all those other games you originally stopped playing this for.

Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm up to 300 now. My ocd was getting to me at 299 so kept going.

That really was a bad idea.

I now remember that this game is stupidly addictive.

Just one game I told myself. Just give it a go for the craic. Just to play an FPS again.

You can put it down and go back to all those other games you originally stopped playing this for.

Fool.

Hopefully someone can post the Godfather III / Pacino clip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can post the Godfather III / Pacino clip

I've never seen it. I have them all on dvd but just haven't gotten round to watching them. For shame I know. I will, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I opened a vanguard package on my 333 (max light) hunter last night and got a 312 helmet, also decrypted a purple engram and got an exotic set of gauntlets at 300 on the same hunter . Has ring changed since the reset ?

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I opened a vanguard package on my 333 (max light) hunter last night and got a 312 helmet, also decrypted a purple engram and got an exotic set of gauntlets at 300 on the same hunter . Has ring changed since the reset ?

Was the helmet you were waring at the time ~310? That;'s the important thing

Cormac... wrote:
    Was the helmet you were waring at the time ~310? That;'s the important thing

Is it the current light level of that specific piece of gear, or the overall average current light level of the guardian that determines it? (Eg: wearing a 300 helmet with everything else 335 rewarding a 302 helmet or a 325 (or whatever) helmet.

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »

Yeah if an encrypted legendary turns to an exotic its will always be 300 for some reason, been like that since the April update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement