Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    Is it the current light level of that specific piece of gear, or the overall average current light level of the guardian that determines it? (Eg: wearing a 300 helmet with everything else 335 rewarding a 302 helmet or a 325 (or whatever) helmet.

Without rigorous testing there's no night and day answer to that.

I think the answer might be somewhere in the middle, but leaning more towards the current piece of gear.

So instead of giving a 302 helmet (based on helmet being 300) or giving a 330 helmet (based on overall light being about 330) I would anecdotally say it has a range. But I do thing the current piece of gear is more important than overall light.

I normally have ~7 pieces of 335 gear and ~3 pieces of 333/334 gear on.
    I only ever seem to get 334's drop in the slots that already have 334's. The rest are 335.

Thing is I have most of my stuff 330+ now so it's hard to check personally

You could use Chimp to test his. He's kitted out in all the season best peasantry gear :P

If you had a full set of gear that was like 260ish and about 30 blue engrams you do some rigours testing and put it in a lovely table.

I might do that when I'm bored

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Cormac... wrote: »
    Was the helmet you were waring at the time ~310? That;'s the important thing

No it is 335

Mcsirl wrote: »
    No it is 335

Huh, that sounds like a bit of a dose alright.
    Was it a Blue Helm? Blues stuff only goes to like 319 or so nowadays.
    Packages you open from most vendors (Vanguard etc) only go to 330 regardless as opposed to 335

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You could use Chimp to test his. He's kitted out in all the season best peasantry gear :P

tumblr_nqeqoj1cxi1tpri36o1_500.gif
    If you had a full set of gear that was like 260ish and about 30 blue engrams you do some rigours testing and put it in a lovely table.

I might do that when I'm bored

Cormac, lets not kid ourselves - you don't need to be bored to spend all day making Excel tables :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a decent hand cannon from the Gunsmith last night, 317 light which brings my Titan up to 313. Still suck at using them though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Angron wrote: »
    Got a decent hand cannon from the Gunsmith last night, 317 light which brings my Titan up to 313. Still suck at using them though :pac:

Infuse it into a weapon you do like then - and be a comfortable higher level titan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno, it doesn't really feel worth it when my best AR is only 2 or 3 light levels lower.

Buy an exotic / wait for Xur to sell an exotic you like then use the hand cannon as infusion fuel for it.

Hand cannons are very difficult to use in Crucible. By all means keep if you like it but it'll probably serve you better as infusion fuel to bring up a weapon you prefer.

Yeah, I suppose I'll do that at some point. Hopefully Xur gets something decent in soon enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, I suppose I'll do that at some point. Hopefully Xur gets something decent in soon enough.

The weapons you get for doing CoE arent bad (The auto is brilliant), you get a weapon for completing the 30,000+ high score round.
    Also 3 of Coins to get your exotic engrams to drop there too :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, if someone's doing CoE this evening I might join them. I'm running low on 3 of Coins though (had a bit of a hectic weekend there so I missed out on Xur).

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The weapons you get for doing CoE arent bad (The auto is brilliant)

Totally depends on the roll.

I've gotten 1 good scout. The other 7 or so weapons I've gotten had awful awful awful perks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've gotten 1 good scout. The other 7 or so weapons I've gotten had awful awful awful perks

My first drop was the Auto with a pretty good roll in fairness, havent bothered with the scouts cos they werent the best rolls out there.

Yeah, if someone's doing CoE this evening I might join them. I'm running low on 3 of Coins though (had a bit of a hectic weekend there so I missed out on Xur).

Ah there should be a good few running it, or you could also do Iron Banner and hope for a good weapon drop... The Auto from that is decent once it has ok perks.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah there should be a good few running it, or you could also do Iron Banner and hope for a good weapon drop... The Auto from that is decent once it has ok perks.

Yeah, didn't get much good from it last night, but sure it's early days for me there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah, didn't get much good from it last night, but sure it's early days for me there :P

Ensure you equip your highest light level gear by the end of the match as rewards are based on current light level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah I don't know I got the scout rifle which gave me bonus damage in the air and while behind cover. Now if I could be behind cover while in the air I'd be unstoppable. Seriously do they have it set up to drop you shippy perks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bumping this thread as my boards app is being a 'Gowel' :p

Edit: That fixed it, couldn't see Gimli's post above mine.

Bumping this thread as my boards app is being a 'Gowel' :p

Edit: That fixed it, couldn't see Gimli's post above mine.

The app is a bit of a pain in the ass in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Had my first go at PvP last night for the Iron Banner. First game I did poorly, finished last with 7-13, but after that I was doing a bit better, with my best result being 18-6.

First time ever in PvP? And you're getting an 18-6 within a few games? That's amazing, you should really play more if you're doing that well so soon. It took me an embarrassingly long time before I could rack up any amount of kills in PvP. Now, admittedly, I'm still bad at PvP, but I was a lot worse for a lot longer — my kill / death ratio was 0.4 when the Taken King came out :D (I'm well into the positives now).

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote: »
    First time ever in PvP? And you're getting an 18-6 within a few games? That's amazing, you should really play more if you're doing that well so soon. It took me an embarrassingly long time before I could rack up any amount of kills in PvP. Now, admittedly, I'm still bad at PvP, but I was a lot worse for a lot longer — my kill / death ratio was 0.4 when the Taken King came out :D (I'm well into the positives now).

I generally find I'm a sort of "feast or famine" player. Either I'll do well and surprise myself, or I'll be lucky to scrape even :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MOTORH34D12

Gamertag is MOTORH34D12 on xbox one.Up for raids and pvp so add me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kicking butt and taking names

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got the Taken King over the weekend having not played Destiny for the guts of about 8 months.

I feel like an idiot walking around not knowing what the hell is going on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That_Guy wrote: »
    Got the Taken King over the weekend having not played Destiny for the guts of about 8 months.

I feel like an idiot walking around not knowing what the hell is going on. :pac:

Just follow your quests and you'll be grand....

:)

Anything in particular you are struggling with understanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just follow your quests and you'll be grand....

:)

Anything in particular you are struggling with understanding?

Quests.

I won't say I ignored them all but I definately haven't done a lot of them.

Im currently at 300 lvl.

Would doing the quests boost me higher faster or will doing the regular strikes and pvp do the trick?

If I don't go to watch the Spurs game later I'll be on for a few matches.

Ps always ignored iron banner as well as I never felt good enough to play it. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Quests.

I won't say I ignored them all but I definately haven't done a lot of them.

Im currently at 300 lvl.

Would doing the quests boost me higher faster or will doing the regular strikes and pvp do the trick?

If I don't go to watch the Spurs game later I'll be on for a few matches.

Ps always ignored iron banner as well as I never felt good enough to play it. Lol

Regular strikes, Challenge of Elders, Court of Oryx etc will bring you up no problem, even standard crucible can level you up these days...

If your 300 LL you can take part in IB and if you can hold your own in crucible you will have no problem with it, it also gives you great gear compared to what you probably have now....

Last day today which means if you ploughed it tonight you could level it up quickly as it is the last day, but will be back next month anyway... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Stupid question I should really know the answer to... Is it correct to say that 335 artifacts are only available from T3 CoO?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stupid question I should really know the answer to... Is it correct to say that 335 artifacts are only available from T3 CoO?

No - I've not done CoO at all (from my own ruin) and I have 335 on each char - assume I got them from challenge mode Raid.

• Advertisement

I've only had artifacts drop 1 LL higher than my current LL.
    For example I did CoO 5 times, got 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 & 325 artifacts...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement