Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

No - I've not done CoO at all (from my own ruin) and I have 335 on each char - assume I got them from challenge mode Raid.

I've only had artifacts drop 1 LL higher than my current LL. For example I did CoO 5 times, got 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 & 325 artifacts...

From a quick Google last night I was being directed to CoO T3. So I went there and found one guardian sitting around. I launched it and we completed it handy enough and I was rewarded with a 335 artifact. I was wondering is this a guaranteed drop for each character once or something, or was I just extremely fortunate? Where do artifacts drop in KF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Artifacts are complete solid human waste. Without purpose beyond adding to the grind.

"Arc melee has a chance to generate orbs when killing minions of the darkness"

Go away outta that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    From a quick Google last night I was being directed to CoO T3. So I went there and found one guardian sitting around. I launched it and we completed it handy enough and I was rewarded with a 335 artifact. I was wondering is this a guaranteed drop for each character once or something, or was I just extremely fortunate? Where do artifacts drop in KF?

I thought it was only CoO you could get the artifact (I could be wrong thought)...
    What LL where you before running CoO? It's probably tied to your existing light level.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I thought it was only CoO you could get the artifact (I could be wrong thought)...
    What LL where you before running CoO? It's probably tied to your existing light level.

I have only ran CoO the first day of the update and I had no T3 ruins on my char - so got nothing out of it.

I have five 335 artifacts and one 334 - can only think it is from the Raid (challenge mode) that I got them from.

Anyone need to run Aluk-hul strike for void and/or solar swords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Artifacts are complete solid human waste. Without purpose beyond adding to the grind.

"Arc melee has a chance to generate orbs when killing minions of the darkness"

Go away outta that.

Killing taken with precision = orb is fun.

Anyone need to run Aluk-hul strike for void and/or solar swords?

Yes Optimus, still! Can we pencil that in some night?

I have five 335 artifacts and one 334 - can only think it is from the Raid (challenge mode) that I got them from.

I got a 335 artifact from the warpriest or Golgoroth, not sure which, tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I got a 335 artifact from the warpriest or Golgoroth, not sure which, tonight.

Golgoroth, completing the challenge drops the artefacts.

Yes Optimus, still! Can we pencil that in some night?

Today, get it over and done with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Today, get it over and done with.

If yis need a hand ill jump in and help out :)

Bump

Stupid thread :(

Picked up my void sword last night (cheers Optimus and Dude!), last one I had to get. Glad to see the back of those quests. I suppose I should make an attempt at The First Curse now. ONLY the 7 headshot spree in PvP left to do it. I will give it a very legitimate attempt, just wondering what game mode if any I should be trying it in. I'm thinking Havoc Pigeon the body and swap to Imprecation for headshots. (It's sooooo sloooow to fire :( ) The cheesy alternate route was to launch in with clan mates who'd let me head shot them? What modes work for this? Cormax mentioned having to go into a year 1 mode? Rumble? Skirmish?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Picked up my void sword last night (cheers Optimus and Dude!), last one I had to get. Glad to see the back of those quests. I suppose I should make an attempt at The First Curse now. ONLY the 7 headshot spree in PvP left to do it. I will give it a very legitimate attempt, just wondering what game mode if any I should be trying it in. I'm thinking Havoc Pigeon the body and swap to Imprecation for headshots. (It's sooooo sloooow to fire :( ) The cheesy alternate route was to launch in with clan mates who'd let me head shot them? What modes work for this? Cormax mentioned having to go into a year 1 mode? Rumble? Skirmish?

Rumble, 2 teams of 3 hit the launch button at ther same time and hope they get put in together

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Rumble, 2 teams of 3 hit the launch button at ther same time and hope they get put in together

You dont need 2 teams of 3, even one other person is grand. Its not a spree you need, its just 7 headshots in one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

You dont need 2 teams of 3, even one other person is grand. Its not a spree you need, its just 7 headshots in one game.

This. Join in with one person (more is better), agree a location and you'll get it done. I'll be on tonight, fire off an invite if you need a designated target.
    If you are looking to get it done "legit" then I guess inferno 6v6 might be a decent shout for it.

nevelator wrote:
    This. Join in with one person (more is better), agree a location and you'll get it done. I'll be on tonight, fire off an invite if you need a designated target. If you are looking to get it done "legit" then I guess inferno 6v6 might be a decent shout for it.

Can you spell this out for me? Bit dim here today :/ are you saying two people separately launch into skirmish?

Can you spell this out for me? Bit dim here today :/ are you saying two people separately launch into skirmish?

nah, just 2 of ye go do rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nah, just 2 of ye go do rumble.

Classic free for all. You can't party up for normal rumble anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If anyone's up for CoE tonight, I'd like to give it a run. Also, got a decent Scout rifle from a Vanguard package last night, I think it was the Proxima Centauri II.

• Advertisement

Classic free for all. You can't party up for normal rumble anymore.

Oh right, forgot that. Yes just do that anyway with one other person.

popped in to Rift yesterday to finish off a Weekly Crucible bounty - spawned in to a spawn locked game, killed five times - one hawksaw, 2 supers and 2 rockets.

Thankfully the next two games were a bit better. only a little though! Had to hop in to Control and do ok (1.88KD) before shutting it down for a bit. Would have left a sour taste in my mouth just dropping out after Rift!

Destiny Item Manager has a nice new update for those looking to max out their stats.
    It will rate the stats on the armour you have across all characters, and in the vault, so you can easily see if a piece of gear will help you towards Tier 12. Some estimation for gear the further from 335.

Also some auto transferring of engrams to vault or character.

Imprecation 7 PvP headshots... Day 1: the weapon is so painfully slow to fire it's a pain. I figured 6v6 over 3v3 as it's a less competitive mode, less pressure to actually perform well (have to forget about my k/d while I attempt this!). I need (I think) 3 headshots to kill an opponent. Body shotting then head shots is not an option, I lose every encounter. Havoc pigeon the swapping for me kills but hard to line up the proc kill on swap. Team shotting is something I can work with, I was following the best player on my team attempting to steal headshots. (I know!) I was averaging 3 headshots per game, one with 4 and one with 5, but I'm running out of time before the game ends. I need SBMM to work big time in evening up the teams to prolong the match to its max length. I also need a lot of luck with the map as I need CqC. It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Imprecation 7 PvP headshots... Day 1: the weapon is so painfully slow to fire it's a pain. I figured 6v6 over 3v3 as it's a less competitive mode, less pressure to actually perform well (have to forget about my k/d while I attempt this!). I need (I think) 3 headshots to kill an opponent. Body shotting then head shots is not an option, I lose every encounter. Havoc pigeon the swapping for me kills but hard to line up the proc kill on swap. Team shotting is something I can work with, I was following the best player on my team attempting to steal headshots. (I know!) I was averaging 3 headshots per game, one with 4 and one with 5, but I'm running out of time before the game ends. I need SBMM to work big time in evening up the teams to prolong the match to its max length. I also need a lot of luck with the map as I need CqC. It's horrible.

Play rumble. The game will last a bit longer and you will have a lot more 1v1 encounters.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Play rumble. The game will last a bit longer and you will have a lot more 1v1 encounters.

I'd have thought 1vs1 is something to avoid given the lack of speed/accuracy on that gun - would be better off in control looking to clean up the handy work of others with a well timed headshot to steal a kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd have thought 1vs1 is something to avoid given the lack of speed/accuracy on that gun - would be better off in control looking to clean up the handy work of others with a well timed headshot to steal a kill.

I did mine in my second game in Rumble.

I just aimed high and made sure I hit the head each time by allowing my reticle to reset.

I got lucky and got two kills off an AFK player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you just get 1 player to play Classic Free For Fall and just call out where you are, it's not too bad.

Dudeeile helped me, we were on Shores of Time, kept meeting up around B.

Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just read on reddit that High Moon Studios are partnering with Bungie to help support the growing Destiny Universe. I've never heard of them or played any of their offerings (Darkwatch, The Bourne Conspiracy, Transformers: War of Cybertron, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Deadpool, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare). Anybody played these? What are they like as a studio?

• Advertisement

Just read on reddit that High Moon Studios are partnering with Bungie to help support the growing Destiny Universe. I've never heard of them or played any of their offerings (Darkwatch, The Bourne Conspiracy, Transformers: War of Cybertron, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Deadpool, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare). Anybody played these? What are they like as a studio?

Their Transformer Games were well recieved from what I have read - don't think they were involved in the movie tie-in ones though.

Would be interesting to see what this entails - given Bungie have made a thing of Destiny feeling the same between PvP and PvE, I would fear what may happen if they try to outsource anything. COuld Half Moon simply be extra bodies for the dev teams?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement