Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just read on reddit that High Moon Studios are partnering with Bungie to help support the growing Destiny Universe

I thought they were working with Bungie for like a year now no? :confused:

Didn't the have all that Cabal stuff done that never came out?

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's a case of Outsourcing Development while they grow the internal resources.

HMS will have the experience, people, overheads, equipment to just get cracking on X, Y and Z instead of Bungie having to own all that hassle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just read on reddit that High Moon Studios are partnering with Bungie to help support the growing Destiny Universe. I've never heard of them or played any of their offerings (Darkwatch, The Bourne Conspiracy, Transformers: War of Cybertron, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Deadpool, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare). Anybody played these? What are they like as a studio?

I have played Deadpool, COD:AW, Transformers: WoC and they were alright, nothing special tbh but hopefully they can help improve they overall game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I thought they were working with Bungie for like a year now no? :confused:

Didn't the have all that Cabal stuff done that never came out?

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's a case of Outsourcing Development while they grow the internal resources.

Yeah - the Half Moon thing is old news at this point. Not sure there has ever been confirmation on what they are doing though. Speculation on Map creation and the creation of Mars space for DLC/D2 - as long as Bungie retain overall design direction and absolutely keep control of the gameplay mechanics... should be fine. Would basically mean Half Moon concentrating on asset creation.

There's a House of Devils Sigil in the House of Winter base.

This is literally unplayable :mad:

FU Bungie! FU HMS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

TBH it's the first I've heard of this partnership. It's not totally surprising given their parent is Activision, and it was bound to happen at some point. As Mitch says, so long as Bungie retain design control/direction and gameplay/gunplay mechanics, this shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

There's a House of Devils Sigil in the House of Winter base.

This is literally unplayable :mad:

FU Bungie! FU HMS

That's it, I'm deleting this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's not the first time they have worked with outsourcing crowds....

They did one map pack towards the end of H3 that was outsourced iirc so Bungie could crack ahead with development of Reach and after that a good few of Reach maps came from some CoD development team (I think it was Certain Affinity?) that eventually went on to form 343 to make the Halo games with MS and Bungie went onto Destiny....

Finally managed to get an antiquated rune(I don't really raid so they're very difficult/practically impossible for me to come by), got it charged and the artifact that dropped was 334, raging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Got NTTE and SS. Didn't get any extra grimore for SS. Is grimore for this given for the 1st part of the quest or is there just no grimore given for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PlainP wrote: »
    Got NTTE and SS. Didn't get any extra grimore for SS. Is grimore for this given for the 1st part of the quest or is there just no grimore given for it?

Only exotic that gives you grimoire score is the Zen Meteor.

• Advertisement

Ch8Zzm1WkAEhdRx.jpg:medium
    It finally happened at last! I had extra motivation today as my brother was only two light away from hitting 335(gotta beat him) so I lurked the crap out of the court :D

Only exotic that gives you grimoire score is the Zen Meteor.

There is a card for it though. Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Clutchy finish, 10 kill streak, a Lone Wolf medal and the most laughable of Fist of Havoc attempts

It's amazing what 3 minutes of gameplay can get you.

I'm liking the MK.2 Titan boots. Can be a big advantage in Control

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lol, that grenade at the end though :)

Nice work Totz!

Classic 6v6 with a few beers is good fun. That was my Saturday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Classic 6v6 with a few beers is good fun. That was my Saturday night :P

Meant to say thanks for games on saturday.

I'm not the best at it but I do enjoy it.

9 kills being my best round. Lol.

Meant to say thanks for games on saturday.

I'm not the best at it but I do enjoy it.

9 kills being my best round. Lol.

It's all good. We can blame the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It's all good. We can blame the beer.

Unfortunately I was rubbish before the beer too.

Unfortunately I was rubbish before the beer too.

I was rubbish for about 1,000 matches

I was rubbish for about 1,000 matches

Whats all this "was" craic :pac:

• Advertisement

One thing I thought I would mention with regard Orb creation in destiny - as I have seen a few negative examples of it recently.

If you have a low intellect guardian - the orbs they create will grant a lower boost to your team mates who pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

One thing I thought I would mention with regard Orb creation in destiny - as I have seen a few negative examples of it recently.

If you have a low intellect guardian - the orbs they create will grant a lower boost to your team mates who pick them up.

So there's an opening for an "I'm With Stupid" chest piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Has that been tested? ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Yeah have noticed sometimes you get a lot and others not so much in PvP but not so much in the raid. Thanks I'll pass this on to the teams i do challenge with tomorrow :)

Madman2 wrote: »
    Has that been tested? ^^^

convinced I read it on Reddit not long after Destiny came out.

There is absolutely a difference between the fill you get from orbs - but there might be some other issue effecting it rather than just intellect - could be down to type of enemy killed. not sure.

O

I've seen this in PvE - if you generate an orb with the perk from your class item, then you get very little light from it.

I haven't noticed this from PvP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

There are two sizes of orbs of light, large and small. They grant super energy relative to their size. There has been a couple of threads at least on Reddit about this, but the basic gist is, if you picked up another guardian's orbs to charge your super, you will generate small orbs of light when you eventually use your own super. Presumably the idea here is to make it harder to continually chain supers between guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Was completely unaware of this!

Edit: although max int/dis is my default mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What about blue orbs?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What about blue orbs?

:pac:

We all know who the king of Blue Orbs is...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement