Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

imgur blocked here, as it's a file sharing site, so crappy attachment system is all I gots to work with

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

imgur blocked here, as it's a file sharing site, so crappy attachment system is all I gots to work with

Crappy attachment system is blocked here cos my place is dumb so at this moment I have nothing to work with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://guardian.theater

I just found this website and it seems pretty good (not working great on mobile). It searches Bungies DB to show clips from other players who recorded your GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    https://guardian.theater

I just found this website and it seems pretty good (not working great on mobile). It searches Bungies DB to show clips from other players who recorded your GT.

Only works for Xbox.

Only works for Xbox.

I only play on Xbox so never thought of checking for PS. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I only play on Xbox so never thought of checking for PS. My bad.

It's a class feature, wish ps had something similar but as far as I know it is down to how xbox vids are actually recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

That is a cool idea, keeping a list of gamer tags of people in the gaming session world and adding it to the meta data of the video!

Shame it's not on PS as well, that sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Xbox recording get's some of the simple things wrong but it's great for the cloud features.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first Exotic weapon, the Zhalo Supercell. Only took 7 consecutive strikes to get :pac: Also got a fancy shotgun with a Taken design, the Stolen Will.

Edit: make that two exotics, got the Dragon's Breath after 3 strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Angron wrote: »
    Got my first Exotic weapon, the Zhalo Supercell. Only took 7 consecutive strikes to get :pac: Also got a fancy shotgun with a Taken design, the Stolen Will.

Edit: make that two exotics, got the Dragon's Breath after 3 strikes.

Congrats , lots of people are still farming for that shotgun , had a 335 one drop for me whilst doing the nightfall, then had a god roll "hand of judgment" drop straight after. Sometimes rng is great (very very rarely). That Zhalo is a very good gun , still players using it in crucible as well and the normal strikes and so on, it is a mob killer:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Madman2 wrote:
    Congrats , lots of people are still farming for that shotgun , had a 335 one drop for me whilst doing the nightfall, then had a god roll "hand of judgment" drop straight after. Sometimes rng is great (very very rarely). That Zhalo is a very good gun , still players using it in crucible as well and the normal strikes and so on, it is a mob killer

Ran my first NF in months yesterday. The Zhalo was my weapon of choice for dealing with the mob of taken centurions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm having fun with the Zhalo, it's fun when it starts arcing from enemy to enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

joined on an old buddy last night and got hijacked by johnny c and an even older MW2 buddy. before he left he said he was looking for a raid - Gim don't raid. So if one of you fine people could send him an invite it would be appreciated. Pesico is the name - euro dude (dane I think) - Day one player and pretty good at this.
    The older I get the harder it is to be an alcoholic

This week has been a blowout for me. Still needing to get Oryx done. I'd settle for 1 completion at this stage.

I need to do 1 challenge mode finish. I can give you a hand after 10 tonight?

#DODOB

I'm done but will give a hand if I'm on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This week has been a blowout for me. Still needing to get Oryx done. I'd settle for 1 completion at this stage.

#DODOB
    PetKing wrote: »

Ah lads..... we had plenty of open spaces for runs :P

If yis need me i'll give yis a hand I got it done on all my 3 :)

#DODOB

Should be able to make it for 10 or so.

Legend
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah lads..... we had plenty of open spaces for runs :P

If yis need me i'll give yis a hand I got it done on all my 3 :)

Ye may have had the space, but timing this week has been awful. Young lad has tonsillitis so have kinda stayed away from grouping as he's up and down all night, and when I did jump in on one with Cormac, poxy PSN crapped out.

I've crap luck with RNG at the best of times, it now seems RNG doesn't want me to run Oryx anymore. :D

We gave Oryx CM a go last night with a 309 and 312.

Got it down to bombs exploding and two didn't bloody detonate. Poor chaps didn't even get to finish their first raid :D

Should be able to make it for 10 or so.

Legend

Ye may have had the space, but timing this week has been awful. Young lad has tonsillitis so have kinda stayed away from grouping as he's up and down all night, and when I did jump in on one with Cormac, poxy PSN crapped out.

I've crap luck with RNG at the best of times, it now seems RNG doesn't want me to run Oryx anymore. :D

Ah your grand dude, I have no hassle running it for like the 6th time this week :)
    We gave Oryx CM a go last night with a 309 and 312.

Got it down to bombs exploding and two didn't bloody detonate. Poor chaps didn't even get to finish their first raid :D

Pro Tip - (Courtesty of Nev's run last night) Just stay in the bomb and take the death :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'll be on this evening and will give a hand.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah your grand dude, I have no hassle running it for like the 6th time this week :)

Pro Tip - (Courtesty of Nev's run last night) Just stay in the bomb and take the death :P

No his name popped up that he detonated the Corrupted Light, it just didn't register on Oryx health bar.

emmetkenny wrote:
    No his name popped up that he detonated the Corrupted Light, it just didn't register on Oryx health bar.

Steady constant DPS needs to be maintained on Oryx by the people left in the centre during detonation.

Steady constant DPS needs to be maintained on Oryx by the people left in the centre during detonation.

I know. I have completed it :P

Also the person running to the bomb in front of him can pop a bubble/go invisible/block with a sword to stop taking damage. I find crouching also makes you harder to hit when he's blasting above you.

emmetkenny wrote:
    Got it down to bombs exploding and two didn't bloody detonate. Poor chaps didn't even get to finish their first raid

We detonated 16 bombs last night with constant DPS and Oryx blinked to the front of the arena and called the shade. Sigh :(

Nightfall - Shield Brothers
    Daily Crucible - Control
    Weekly Crucible - Zone Control
    2nd weekly Crucible - Doubles

We detonated 16 bombs last night with constant DPS and Oryx blinked to the front of the arena and called the shade. Sigh :(

He was a bastard alright.

Managed to get him this morning on lfg

That was extremely disheartening... Took us about 45 mins as a few of the lads hadn't played in a while and by the time we got to that stage it was too late to go for another round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfall: The shield brothers

Modifiers
    Arc Burn - Arc damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
    Ironclad - More enemies have shields
    Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.

I can live with this but I'm probably not gonna play it anyway

• Advertisement

That was extremely disheartening... Took us about 45 mins as a few of the lads hadn't played in a while and by the time we got to that stage it was too late to go for another round.

I saw you go to LFG as I was heading off. How did you get on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement