Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,854 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We gave Oryx CM a go last night with a 309 and 312.

Got it down to bombs exploding and two didn't bloody detonate. Poor chaps didn't even get to finish their first raid :D

Yea that was a load of bollocks. I'd say we'd have got it if we gave it another go.

I think it was fairly comfortable even with two of us being low light, any time we failed was just because of someone making a mistake rather than getting into trouble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    We detonated 16 bombs last night with constant DPS and Oryx blinked to the front of the arena and called the shade. Sigh :(

Yeah ill be putting the video up later on as it was poxy how none of the bombs registered on him or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    Yea that was a load of bollocks. I'd say we'd have got it if we gave it another go.

I think it was fairly comfortable even with two of us being low light, any time we failed was just because of someone making a mistake rather than getting into trouble.

Yea it was grand. The low light wasn't causing the wipes it was just until you got the hang of the mechanics. I was rusty having not played a Raid in yonks but was OK once the first two wipes were done.

I'd say I could have managed the middle ok on my own doing Orges. They seemed to be dropping fairly quick with a 330 TOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I saw you go to LFG as I was heading off. How did you get on?

3 runs and it was done :)

Got a shed load of exotics though, had 3 exotics in the Post master for my days grind, which all decrypted at 335. So I ain't even mad.

Characters are now 333, 333 and 330! I think that's respectable enough, I may try and get back into Trials / PvP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

3 runs and it was done :)

Got a shed load of exotics though, had 3 exotics in the Post master for my days grind, which all decrypted at 335. So I ain't even mad.

Characters are now 333, 333 and 330! I think that's respectable enough, I may try and get back into Trials / PvP again.

I'll probably be looking to Zone Control or normal control for some PVP bounties tonight - if anyone is interested in getting a team together. Don't think I will bother with the Raid this week - Warpriest raid holds little interest.

Borderlands and PVP will likely be my 'jam' this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Will we pencil this in advance?
    I need to ensure I have a clear enough schedule for Doubles :P
    I'm free Wed evening (7pm), Thur evening (from 7pm), Sunday Evening (6pm)
    If we can start earlier we can get the TVHM Warrior done and dusted and bounce out at ~51

Also, more people should get this game, it's a great game to play in a group :)

And a fantastic alternative to Destiny when you kind of feel like you've done all there is to do in Destiny for a given week.

AFAIK, War Priest doesn't drop any armour? So not a huge amount of draw for challenge mode, I've already got a good few 335 / 334 weapons.
    I'll probably run CoE as it looks really easy to speed run this week.

Think I'll give The Division / Fallout 4 a bash this week too. Tried to play a bit of The Division on Sat night but the grind is real... Grinding side missions to up your level just so you can do a main mission :/

AFAIK, War Priest doesn't drop any armour? So not a huge amount of draw for challenge mode, I've already got a good few 335 / 334 weapons.

No Armour.

Just Snipers and LMGs and Rockets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »

And a fantastic alternative to Destiny when you kind of feel like you've done all there is to do in Destiny for a given week.

Yep bought the handsome collection about 2 weeks ago but Uncharted 4 says no. Couple of the lads were reminiscing about it and it convinced me to pick it up. Got BF4 to feed the PvP urge as well. Loadsa stuff to get stuck in to.

If we can start earlier we can get the TVHM Warrior done and dusted and bounce out at ~51

I would say Thursday and Sunday would be my best chances for getting on early for a good run at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

I'll party up for Borderlands. I never completed TVHM, think my Zero is level 36ish. I've never played or farmed as a group so would definitely be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems Bungie have been made aware of an unlimited rocket glitch on the raid rocket launcher if it has the clown cartridge perk.

Both Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner are postponed until it has been fixed.

Seems the name for the year 3 expansion has been leaked in an image on reddit.

qare1vny1vumvqkap9en.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seems Bungie have been made aware of an unlimited rocket glitch on the raid rocket launcher if it has the clown cartridge perk.

Both Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner are postponed until it has been fixed.

IB and infinite rocket launcher
    That.would.have.been awful.

When was IB due up anyways?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    IB and infinite rocket launcher
    That.would.have.been awful.

When was IB due up anyways?

it wasn't officially said, but seemed to be next week. Deej answered a tweet asking about IB earlier in the week saying that he would let people know in the weekly update on Thursday. They don't talk about IB timing until the weekly update before it hits, so that indicates it was supposed to be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Seems the name for the year 3 expansion has been leaked in an image on reddit.

qare1vny1vumvqkap9en.JPG

That HAS to be a Cabal based expansion. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I said it to Sniper last night, a Cabal based raid would keep you happy! ;) I read on Reddit that it might be a Fallen based raid.

I said it to Sniper last night, a Cabal based raid would keep you happy! ;) I read on Reddit that it might be a Fallen based raid.

I shouldn't have jumped the gun there with Cabal yayness. Actually paying attention to that image, points to it being based on the Iron Lords - IB. Now, PvP or PvE who knows. The Iron Lords where all Titans - the only guardian seen in the pic is a Titan. The wolves in the foreground? Iron Banner. The ruins in the background? Very reminiscent of the Rocket Yard. Hell, on closer inspection the Titans armour is all IB armour.

So I hereby retract my Cabal Yayness and replace it with an Iron Lords (IB) expansion. Most probably a PvE "Remember their Sacrifice" history finding type thing.

Also, Bungie confirm Titan Master Race

Kotaku are saying it may contain the Raid that was cut from the House of Wolves DLC, which would be fallen based.

I can see the Cabal being the first big foe of D2.

Kotaku are saying it may contain the Raid that was cut from the House of Wolves DLC, which would be fallen based.

I can see the Cabal being the first big foe of D2.

I really hope so. They are the one Race that hasn't received ANY expansion love in the 2 years of release. A raid with hulking 10ft tall walking tanks?
    1486.gif

In relation to the HoW Raid, maybe. Just, the picture is ALL Iron Lords based, so if the Iron Lords, being the ones who defended the Last City, fought the Fallen, then it could be a Fallen Raid on Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I shouldn't have jumped the gun there with Cabal yayness. Actually paying attention to that image, points to it being based on the Iron Lords - IB. Now, PvP or PvE who knows. The Iron Lords where all Titans - the only guardian seen in the pic is a Titan. The wolves in the foreground? Iron Banner. The ruins in the background? Very reminiscent of the Rocket Yard. Hell, on closer inspection the Titans armour is all IB armour.

So I hereby retract my Cabal Yayness and replace it with an Iron Lords (IB) expansion. Most probably a PvE "Remember their Sacrifice" history finding type thing.

Also, Bungie confirm Titan Master Race

Hardly a secret now though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Nice piece of artwork even if it does have a titan on it.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Nice piece of artwork even if it does have a titan on it.

Well it is Lord Saladbar holding what appears to be a flaming axe.

Well it is Lord Saladbar holding what appears to be a flaming axe.

Oooo good spot.

Given how long it took ye to realise it was Lord Saladin in full Iron Banner armour I'm ashamed to know some of ye now.

"Gee... That Titan fellow, in the full set of Iron Banner gear looks familiar." :rolleyes:

There's fricking wolves in the picture and Solvable's on about the bloody Cabal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Read on Kotaku, apparently they rebooted development on Destiny 2, because that nonsense worked out so well the first time :rolleyes:.

Bungie need to get there act together, with all these reboots.

wes wrote: »
    Read on Kotaku, apparently they rebooted development on Destiny 2, because that nonsense worked out so well the first time :rolleyes:.

That (afaik, if we're talking about the same article a few months back) was to do with the coding at a source/base level.

Not so much to do with the Music or Story or Cutscenes.

It was primarily because adding, changing, deleting, editing anything in the engine as is, takes way too long apparently (lots of over night jobs loading maps etc)

As I get older I'm all for people delaying stuff for the greater good.
    That being said it's par for the course for Kokatu to be full of hyperbole

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »

This time the person that was in charge of TTK has been put in charge, so it actually bodes well, imo - as it looks to be a reaction to the issues first time around, rather than for corporate reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement