Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's fricking wolves in the picture and Solvable's on about the bloody Cabal :pac:

Hey, I jumped the gun. I think everyone at this stage knows I'm pining for a Cabal Raid. I fear I may pull a Jim Levenstein when it actually happens. :eek:

Hey, I jumped the gun. I think everyone at this stage knows I'm pining for a Cabal Raid. I fear I may pull a Jim Levenstein when it actually happens. :eek:

Self meming is the new boards meta

14h0qw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I shouldn't have jumped the gun there with Cabal yayness. Actually paying attention to that image, points to it being based on the Iron Lords - IB. Now, PvP or PvE who knows. The Iron Lords where all Titans - the only guardian seen in the pic is a Titan. The wolves in the foreground? Iron Banner. The ruins in the background? Very reminiscent of the Rocket Yard. Hell, on closer inspection the Titans armour is all IB armour.

So I hereby retract my Cabal Yayness and replace it with an Iron Lords (IB) expansion. Most probably a PvE "Remember their Sacrifice" history finding type thing.

Also, Bungie confirm Titan Master Race

Were they though? Think that's only inferred based on the timeline.

Were they though? Think that's only inferred based on the timeline.

I remember reading somewhere that they where, but that could have been in relation to a specific battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Surprised enough that the next expansion appears to be Fallen based, considering the amount of talk there has been of a Cabal raid. I'd be secretly glad if it wasn't considering how fūcking annoying the shield Phlanx lads are, as well as those Psion dįckheads.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote: »
    Surprised enough that the next expansion appears to be Fallen based, considering the amount of talk there has been of a Cabal raid. I'd be secretly glad if it wasn't considering how fūcking annoying the shield Phlanx lads are, as well as those Psion dįckheads.

To be honest, I think most of the talk re a Cabal Raid has been from me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

9 Iron Lords. 3 of each class. So there will probably missions similar to those of the new supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

All i see when i look at that picture of saladin, sure its a terrible photoshop but still

HkO9hRU.jpg:medium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Wasn't there supposed to be 2 free DLC updates before the September expansion?

wexdevil wrote: »
    All i see when i look at that picture of saladin, sure its a terrible photoshop but still

Twilight much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Twilight much?
    nah not twilight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Wolf_Moon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

F*ck Stirok, Banner of Oryx. Last one of the three in Cosmodrome I need to kill, and he will not die. Keeps hiding inside the barriers that the smaller Taken pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Angron wrote: »
    F*ck Stirok, Banner of Oryx. Last one of the three in Cosmodrome I need to kill, and he will not die. Keeps hiding inside the barriers that the smaller Taken pop up.

You trying to solo him? What console you on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I managed it before with one of the ones on Mars, harder there in a more confined space though. I'm on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, I managed it before with one of the ones on Mars, harder there in a more confined space though. I'm on the PS4.

I'm sure Cormac or some of the lads will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is that the guy in the Rocketyards?

Yeah, he's really really really hard, even if you have 2

What's your PSN?

That's the one, yeah. I'm Dennyreynolds on PS4. I think it's made harder by the fact that nobody really ventures into the Rocketyard cause it's fairly out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Angron wrote:
    That's the one, yeah. I'm Dennyreynolds on PS4. I think it's made harder by the fact that nobody really ventures into the Rocketyard cause it's fairly out of the way.

I'll be on later if you still need to kill him. Fire me an invite and I'll hop in.

Jeez, just did a game of control that felt really bloody hectic. Ended up with a 10+ kill streak at one point, finished 23-5 with 8 captures.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Sweaty matches is an understatement , played clash and control a bit last night and their was usually on a kill or two in the difference between winner and losers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

1 VoG run left but it's looking likely that another reset will pass without Vision of Confluence dropping for me.

Oh yeah, got three other exotic weapons, one is an auto rifle (Fabian Strategy), one sniper (Hereafter), and one fusion rifle (Plan C). I like the Hereafter, but the other two I'm not keen on. I don't really like fusion rifles, and the FS just feels pretty underwhelming. Much rather my Zhalo or Shadow Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Plan C is pretty good. Fusions were buffed I think in the last update. Fabain Strategy is a Titan weapon methinks and it's pretty meh. I can't snipe as it takes up my Havoc Pigeon slot.

Yeah, I don't really snipe in PVP, I prefer to grab a shottie for that. I had a look at reviews of the FS online, seems most people agree that it's naff, with a lot saying one of the perks it gets doesn't really work making it even less useful.

You guys have no IDEA of how good Fabian is

Fabian%20-%20The%20Fabulous%20Fabian%20-%20LP%20RECORD-529843.jpg

I'm now getting great joy watching clips of Titans failing during Fist of Havoc, usually by diving face first into a chasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Th final exotic sword mission is such a huge pain in the ass.
    Not because it's difficult, simply because I keep getting matched with people with the wrong sword or if they do have the right sword, they don't know what they're doing and just kill everything as soon as they see it.
    Not to mention there's only about 3 people on PS3 attempting it at any given moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Th final exotic sword mission is such a huge pain in the ass.
    Not because it's difficult, simply because I keep getting matched with people with the wrong sword or if they do have the right sword, they don't know what they're doing and just kill everything as soon as they see it.
    Not to mention there's only about 3 people on PS3 attempting it at any given moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Up to 33 wins on doubles. Like. Cormac said last night in chat, myself and Nev launched into a game against no opponents and won. I was rewarded with a hard earned legendary shotgun for my troubles. 63 wins on elimination which is my next nearest crucible mode for grimoire. And astonishingly I still need a further 1320 sidearm kills, thought I was much forther along than that. Played Rumble for the daily yesterday, got a phantom medal and a 10 kill streak And came second. Boo! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Anyone else looking to do any part of the "no time to explain quest". I'm on the vault of glass part and i'm looking for a hand please folks. I'll help with you part of the quest or any other quest as i'm the helpful type.I think matty is on the same part as me
    MADMADRA32 on PSN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement