Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

riggerman wrote: »
    Anyone else looking to do any part of the "no time to explain quest". I'm on the vault of glass part and i'm looking for a hand please folks. I'll help with you part of the quest or any other quest as i'm the helpful type.I think matty is on the same part as me
    MADMADRA32 on PSN

I'd be up for a VoG raid...dust off the icebreaker and Gally and go old-school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

riggerman wrote:
    Anyone else looking to do any part of the "no time to explain quest". I'm on the vault of glass part and i'm looking for a hand please folks. I'll help with you part of the quest or any other quest as i'm the helpful type.I think matty is on the same part as me MADMADRA32 on PSN

I'd help out. Optimus will probably run too, he's doing 3 a week at the minute looking for VoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    I'd help out. Optimus will probably run too, he's doing 3 a week at the minute looking for VoC.

Hey! I heard that.

Working till 10 tonight. So I'm not sure if i'll be on. But the rest of the week is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll go in the VoG hat if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd be up for a nostalgic VoG run too is there's space.

• Advertisement

Crucible 'Ride Along' about to start on Twitch for anyone interested

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Logged on yesterday and saw IB was on so hopped in to pick up the bounties. First it wouldn't let me sign in, when eventually it did the "connecting destiny servers" flashed up constantly & it was laggy as hell in PvE. This lasted and hour - hour 1/2 until I had to go.
    WTH?
    Logged on this morning and it was fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it was pretty diabolical for me last night. Had one game that worked, and then the second game it was showing "connecting destiny servers" most of the way through the match. Tried resetting my router to see if that'd help, but I was getting more connecting servers messages in the tower so I just gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Iron Banner caught me by surprise this week. When I didn't see it on the Tuesday reset, I assumed it wouldn't happen at all this week. I generally team up with people from the Crucible Radio Slack group, but if you see me online (NutCity), send me an invite and I'll try and join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is brilliant...
    http://towerghostfordestiny.com/index.php/tower-vendor-rolls/

Vendor armor available to buy - and their stats when brought to 335 (for your T12 nerds!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

How to fix the in game roster error.

DPS: We’ve been investigating reports of an issue where the in-game Roster Tab does not populate when attempting to view players in the “Friends” or “Game” columns. Our initial investigation has shown that players who have set their console account privacy settings to appear offline are witnessing these issues more often. If you find your account in this state, please do the following:
    Ensure your console account privacy settings are set to “Appear Online”
    Clear your console’s cache
    Fully close and re-open the Destiny application

Our initial investigation has shown that players who have set their console account privacy settings to appear offline are witnessing these issues more often.

I've been saying that for weeks and nobody listened.

They never listen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've never been on appear offline and I get that issue.

AdamD wrote: »

If a couple of friends have that setting enabled, bungo struggles to determine what's going on and just hides everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A completely unsatisfactory 'pass the buck' response to PSN. Like others have said, I did not, and never had, set my online appearance to appear offline. I was on for about 2 hours on Tuesday and never once saw my friend list, struggled to join others through party chat, and encountered a shocking amount of 'contacting Destiny servers.' They should have said the were investigating rather than blame PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Up early this morning playing PoE 41. Void Hunter and kept getting killed while invisible. After it happened the third time I started shouting at the tv like it was its fault. Was only when I was on the boss I realised I was chucking grenades not smoke and that was what was killing me.

Second game playing with some of the worst level 40s ever encountered. Just about had to solo the disarm mines Cabal round. BladeDancer invisibility. Turned out to be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »

If a couple of friends have that setting enabled, bungo struggles to determine what's going on and just hides everyone.
    Ah, so it's all Cormac's fault

Destiny Item Manager has a BETA version that reviews all your armor and shows what int/dis/str builds are possible.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager-beta/mkiipknpfaacbjdagdeppdacpgpdjklc/related

Turns out my titan can go t12 (5-Int, 5-Dis, 2-Str)

I think it may not take into account Ghosts on other characters - I'm convinced I can get my Hunter to a 551 (int, dis, str) built but according to this beta app I can't.

How to fix the in game roster error.

I am wondering, have others here gone on and cleared their cache as suggested? Haven't had a chance to do it myself, and not sure if people here are ruling this fix out, simply because the first step doesn't apply to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Because I am a bit of an idiot, I accidentally left the PS4 chat, would someone mind re-adding me? Name is dennyreynolds on it.

• Advertisement

was doing the gunsmith weapons on patrol a few mins ago.

Got a legendary primary engram from one of the taken lieutenants, pooped a 3Oc but got nothing off the Taken boss fella. picked up a high value target mission and went off to kill that big priest fella who comes out of the wall beside the divide - got an exotic when I killed him.

Went to crypto-jerk when finished and handed in my two engram. Hawkmoon and Jade Rabbit.

Cjff8uxW0AAWMfV.jpg

Not the worst thing to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CjiNC7iXIAEBw7e?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like the iOS app has been updated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Destiny Item Manager has a BETA version that reviews all your armor and shows what int/dis/str builds are possible.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager-beta/mkiipknpfaacbjdagdeppdacpgpdjklc/related

Turns out my titan can go t12 (5-Int, 5-Dis, 2-Str)

I think it may not take into account Ghosts on other characters - I'm convinced I can get my Hunter to a 551 (int, dis, str) built but according to this beta app I can't.

And you can run the beta alongside the release so happy days. It is using the best ghost in your complete character list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah, so it's all Cormac's fault

I'm not private though, I think. At least I don't ever remember setting it that way

Nightfall: The Sunless Cell

Modifiers
    Airborne - Guardians deal more damage in the air
    Chaff - No radar
    Small arms - Primary weapon damage is favored
    Berserk - Enemies don't flinch

Will Bungie/Destiny be at E3?

Was TTK formally announced at last years E3? Or was it just SRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »

TTK was announced during Sonys keynote on the Monday night. Expect the same for Rise of Iron.

With the way light levels have been re engineered for year 2 I hope the don't do the same for year 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Cormac... wrote: »

Bungie won't be at E3 in any official capacity, but Activision will. It's likely they'll officially announce Rise of Iron after photos were "leaked" the other day. There's a tiny, tiny chance that they might provide more details of Destiny 2, as they mentioned it on their earnings call a couple of months ago.

• Advertisement

Reveal stream next Thursday for whatever is coming.
    This week at bungie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement