Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking forward to hearing about some new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Reveal stream next Thursday for whatever is coming.
    This week at bungie

Nice, keep forgetting to read the Bungie updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

surprised that it is being revealed prior to E3 - i would have guess an announcement at E3, and then a more in depth look at it the following thursday on the twitch stream

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfall: Winter's Run

Modifiers
    Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Void Burn - Void damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Brawler - Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.
    Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

Trickle, fuking Trickle.

Fun Space Magic Game? Lets remove the Space Magic... sure why not. Stupid modifier to have in the game.

• Advertisement

Is it the normal Fallen one or the Taken one or a chance of either/both?

I've still not done the Taken Winters Run

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is it the normal Fallen one or the Taken one or a chance of either/both?

I've still not done the Taken Winters Run
    last time it was winters run it was random as to which you got, taken or normal. Would assume the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I did a taken Winters Run. It was a heroic strike or NF. Something weird happened. Guys I was playing with kept dying. I went over to revive them and got instakilled . I think it was the big black ball that killed me. Was not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did a taken Winters Run. It was a heroic strike or NF. Something weird happened. Guys I was playing with kept dying. I went over to revive them and got instakilled . I think it was the big black ball that killed me. Was not happy.

Classic Brad!

That's what y'all get for getting them drops yo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    That's what y'all get for getting them drops yo!

It was the over consumption of 3oC's. The game had a meltdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You should always call out who's using a 3oC - that way, everyone else on the team knows not to use them.

I hope they get rid of 3oC, or at least make the use of them less required. Has anyone got an exotic engram drop from a boss without a 3oC used?

They should add an animation every time you use a 3oC, your character should flip a coin or something.
    Then have a light over their head, just so everyone knows who has used one - so they don't go wasting their coins.

I hope they get rid of 3oC, or at least make the use of them less required. Has anyone got an exotic engram drop from a boss without a 3oC used?

Oryx himself has dropped exotics for me, or is that just an exotic chance drop point like Atheon / Crota?

They should add an animation every time you use a 3oC, your character should flip a coin or something. Then have a light over their head, just so everyone knows who has used one - so they don't go wasting their coins.

Petking steals coins from ChimpAhoy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got one from the warpriest (Jade Rabbit) with no 3oC :D

And then got 2 or Oryx later that night :P

Didn't exotics drop at Raid bosses though? I don't think they dropped in Strikes, PvP or POE (other than the PoE exotics).

What's the paranoia with multiple 3oC usage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Didn't exotics drop at Raid bosses though? I don't think they dropped in Strikes, PvP or POE (other than the PoE exotics).

What's the paranoia with multiple 3oC usage?

You mean you dont know of Brad-law?

I seem to remember some arguments going around a month or two ago but thought it had all been debunked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I seem to remember some arguments going around a month or two ago but thought it had all been debunked

They where. Multiple people using a 3oC at the same time does not decrease your already minimal chance of winning the exotic lottery.

PetKing wrote: »
    Petking steals coins from ChimpAhoy

This would work well in the Crucible - if you catch an enemy popping a 3oC, you can steal it.

It was reported a while ago that KontrolFreek and Bungie where teaming up for something. Well, here it is. The Destiny Signature CQC edition thumbsticks. Complete with the Destiny Tricorn logo.

destiny-top-820x1050.jpg

and a hybrid convex/concave thumb pad

The word is FLAT

Also, that's a stupid design (and they would know a thing or two about that if you look at their current offerings) since it will just make a big gunky sweaty puddle, trapping everything in the middle.

Form over function!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Also, that's a stupid design (and they would know a thing or two about that if you look at their current offerings) since it will just make a big gunky sweaty puddle, trapping everything in the middle.

Form over function!

At least you wont have to run to the fridge if your getting a little thirsty. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Finally collected all loot for 1 faction, only took 34 rank ups.

That faction rep gain bond mark thingy should really be dropping sooner, say about the level 15, that way you've done a fair grind but can still collect all the sh1t for each faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Did someone say Gjallarhorn? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did someone say Gjallarhorn? :pac:

That is a seriously cheap trick to get people to pre-order.

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »
    That is a seriously cheap trick to get people to pre-order.

Hey, they didnt need that to get me to pre-order....... the game itself has made me want to pre-order so the gally is only a bonus :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement