Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nocal wrote: »
    That is a seriously cheap trick to get people to pre-order.

Yep.

I'm still going to buy it, always was but for the few that might have been sitting on the fence, 'Oh look, a gally, never had one of those'. Hopefully it will be still usable by expansion end.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep.

I'm still going to buy it, always was but for the few that might have been sitting on the fence, 'Oh look, a gally, never had one of those'. Hopefully it will be still usable by expansion end.

I love an optimist!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That is a seriously cheap trick to get people to pre-order.

Whys it a cheap trick? If your ordering an expansion for €30 just to get a weapon you'd want your head examined :D

It won't be as OP as the YR1 Gallahorn anyway so it's no big deal either way.

Yep.

With 100% Infusion it will be useable at the expansion end.

I tend to use a sword or MG now in PVE rater than a RL and most people you come across in the game would be using the same.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Whys it a cheap trick? If your ordering an expansion for €30 just to get a weapon you'd want your head examined :D

It won't be as OP as the YR1 Gallahorn anyway so it's no big deal either way.

Any players that joined from TTK probably don't have a gally but I'm sure they've heard all about it, I think these are the players that Destiny need to maintain for Rise of Iron and are the target audience. I'm vanilla and I'm sticking around, you don't need to hook me in.

• Advertisement

Any players that joined from TTK probably don't have a gally but I'm sure they've heard all about it, I think these are the players that Destiny need to maintain for Rise of Iron and are the target audience. I'm vanilla and I'm sticking around, you don't need to hook me in.

I would have thought it was more of a salute to year one rather than to get new players to keep playing.

Nostalgia effect for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    That faction rep gain bond mark thingy should really be dropping sooner, say about the level 15, that way you've done a fair grind but can still collect all the sh1t for each faction.

Only last week, did I properly put my head down to get to work on this. Pretty much since day one all 3 chars were flip flopping between the 3 factions to be nice and balanced. Now I'm dumping EVERYTHING I have at DO and FWC, 17 & 18 respectively. A slog, but I've nothing else to do really beside grimoire (& crux :p)

Question: what are the best options for levelling factions? (Once I'm out of motes and mats) heavy or weapon parts I'm thinking? Feel like I'm done on levelling gear I care about so will be buying heavy only from Xur from now on, and Variks also (of the glimmer doesn't go to weapon parts?!)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I would have thought it was more of a salute to year one rather than to get new players to keep playing.

Nostalgia effect for us :)

I don't want a re-skin, I want to infuse my year 1 that I earned in a NF with 1 kill. If I check I'm pretty sure I have that screenshot.

PetKing wrote: »
    Only last week, did I properly put my head down to get to work on this. Pretty much since day one all 3 chars were flip flopping between the 3 factions to be nice and balanced. Now I'm dumping EVERYTHING I have at DO and FWC, 17 & 18 respectively. A slog, but I've nothing else to do really beside grimoire (& crux :p)

Question: what are the best options for levelling factions? (Once I'm out of motes and mats) heavy or weapon parts I'm thinking? Feel like I'm done on levelling gear I care about so will be buying heavy only from Xur from now on, and Variks also (of the glimmer doesn't go to weapon parts?!)

I just play as normal and spend excess planetary materials and maybe the odd heavy synth and weapon part just to tip over the edge.

I don't want a re-skin, I want to infuse my year 1 that I earned in a NF with 1 kill. If I check I'm pretty sure I have that screenshot.

I got mine from the first strike I ran after HOW Dropped.

I deafened the guys in Party Chat :)

• Advertisement

Putting a version of the most desired weapon ever in Destiny as a pre-order bonus - there will be plenty of folk who will believe that they will need this weapon to "win at the expansion". There will be plenty who will not realise that it was in fact nerfed. There will also be quite a few who might prefer to wait for reviews before purchasing but they do not want to risk never getting a Gally in this expansion. That is why I believe it is a cheap trick - but then most pre-order bonuses are cheap tricks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rise of Iron has a very Game of Thrones feel about it.

Direwolves, Night's Watch kind of look going up against the white walkers.

Iron born like the Iron islanders :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Rise of Iron has a very Game of Thrones feel about it.

Direwolves, Night's Watch kind of look going up against the white walkers.

Iron born like the Iron islanders :p

To be fair, GRRM hardly invented wolves and metals.

Anyway, most of his whole ASOIAF sthick is wholesale asset rip off of better authors that went before him :o

That being said, every Bungie employee I've ever seen has a serious reek of "My other T-Shirt has the Periodic Table but every Element is 'Hodor' lol" about them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Didn't the early Destiny concept art have a GoT feel to it? (Don't actually mean GoT just don't what you'd call the type of stuff) with like horses and men holding banners etc.

But more to the point.....is this is only an expansion? (bigger than previous expansions?) Not Destiny 2?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah this is only an expansion. Still no news at all about destiny 2 and I dont think we will see/hear anything about that until about Nov/Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This guys reaction to the new trailer :p

https://twitter.com/itsKruzer/status/740917791335813120

But more to the point.....is this is only an expansion? (bigger than previous expansions?) Not Destiny 2?

It should be along the lines of TTK.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Didn't the early Destiny concept art have a GoT feel to it? (Don't actually mean GoT just don't what you'd call the type of stuff) with like horses and men holding banners etc.

Yes, it was initially a high-fantasy type game (think Skyrim / Warcraft) before they changed to go the Sci-Fi route

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that this will be Destiny 2, especially given activisios earnings call recently had something along the lines of "Destiny 2's release date slipping to at least Q1 2017" or something like that

Speaking of, pricing will be a good indication of it's potential size. I mean if it's €40, we'll expect it to equal tTK, if it's €30, well it better be more than say tDB+HoW but less than tTK

The whole fact is has a new area (Plaguelands), New Social Space and New Raid speak volumes.

The only thing to have all these in 1 expansion since Day 1 has been tTK

• Advertisement

9 kills in fact, that 4 month wait felt like an eternity.

EFivFDQh.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For "Game of Throne"s feel I would substitute "generic fantasy" feel....in spaaaaaaace of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They're announcing this very early are they not?

3 months of hype is a lot to face!

Twitch comments are already in overdrive, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TTK was announced at E3 last year and released in September. Not much different from that tbh.

Announcing something 3 months out is shocking to you Totz?

Well let me tell you a little story about an event each year where all the best snake oil salesmen get together called E3 :P

Plus didn't the Division announce some stuff that was farther than 3 months out in their roadmap and they didn't have anything more than some stock images with text over them

Sure even Ubisoft stuff like Shadow of Mordor (great game Dudeeile, great game), have DLC announce months before hand.

3 months = 13 weeks = 3 season of Iron Banner.

It will come quicker than you think. tTK crept up on us bit too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cormac... wrote: »
    Announcing something 3 months out is shocking to you Totz?

Well let me tell you a little story about an event each year where all the best snake oil salesmen get together called E3 :P

Plus didn't the Division announce some stuff that was farther than 3 months out in their roadmap and they didn't have anything more than some stock images with text over them

Sure even Ubisoft stuff like Shadow of Mordor (great game Dudeeile, great game), have DLC announce months before hand.

3 months = 13 weeks = 3 season of Iron Banner.

It will come quicker than you think. tTK crept up on us bit too :P

I took a break in the run up to tTK so didn't really fall victim to the hype train last time out

Expansion only available for current gen consoles

That probably won't go down to well with some but it's about time they ditched it

Price is $30. Seems a bit low for what they're saying is included

That probably won't go down to well with some but it's about time they ditched it

Price is $30. Seems a bit low for what they're saying is included

I would be surprised if even 10% of overall (i.e. have ever played even 1-20 on vanilla) are on last gen. And of that 10%, i would say far less than half continued to buy and play the DLCs and are still active now.

There is probably only going to be 3% of players who will be "left behind" for the greater good of the 97%.

The needs of the many.....

I'm surprised by the price point too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will take the €29.99 now, bit much considering no other games do so on the EU PSN. There are exceptions but those tend to be down to the game coming with something you get now.
    PRE-ORDER – IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED

'REQUIRES DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING.

Gjallarhorn. It’s Back. In Black. Pre-order and get the black and silver Iron Gjallarhorn Rocker Launcher.*

Destiny: Rise of Iron is the next highly anticipated expansion to the Destiny universe. The wall which stood for centuries along the southern border of Old Russia has collapsed. Fallen mutants now scavenge the tombs of the Golden Age, and the plague they have unearthed in the wastes is more dangerous than even they understand. Join Lord Saladin. Journey into the Plaguelands. Learn the fate of the Iron Lords and stop the growing threat before it is too late.

Includes:
    • New Story Campaign & Quests
    • New Armor and Gear
    • New Weapons
    • New Raid
    • Maximum Light Increase
    • New Strike
    • New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space
    • New Crucible Mode & Maps
    • New Enemy Faction and Bosses'

Varik wrote: »
    Will take the €29.99 now, bit much considering no other games do so on the EU PSN. There are exceptions but those tend to be down to the game coming with something you get now.

Yeah, I thought it was odd too.

But hey-ho they are gonna get my €30 either way

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Next time I'm drinking near an operational PS4 I'm buying this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement