Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well, I still owe my girlfriend a few quid but I guess I'll have to buy a PS4 in a couple of weeks. Second hand prices are down to 200 so that's handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CianRyan wrote: »
    Well, I still owe my girlfriend a few quid but I guess I'll have to buy a PS4 in a couple of weeks. Second hand prices are down to 200 so that's handy!

FTI:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4nevwa/will_there_be_2_different_xurs_when_rise_of_iron/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well I knew it would still be playable on last gen but I need that update and I need to catch up with my mates so this seems like the best time.

Not sure to see if there's a ps4+legendary ideation coming out with the extension of can I just buy a second hand copy for 15 and buy the latest expansion and have my old DLC's carry over on my PSN?

The confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got my first character to level 335 thanks to Antonb who stayed up till 5am and a third CoE run as my mate didn't understand the points concept.

Also happy to report, despite my fears, I did not become the Human Torch over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

1 point of strength off tier 12 (301 on int), and I've a class item that is at 330 that could go up by 1 point plus if I'd something to infuse into it, so that's next week's plan; 3 raids until I get a 335 class item to infuse into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Another 3 VoG done over the weekend still no Vision. Is there a way of checking this. I was exclusively AR in the early days and ignorant of raid specific drops so I could have dismantled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Another 3 VoG done over the weekend still no Vision. Is there a way of checking this. I was exclusively AR in the early days and ignorant of raid specific drops so I could have dismantled it.

I don't think there is, always seems to be lots of calls for a raid kiosk so people could keep track. Done VOG a good few times myself and still never got the heavy machine gun, just good old RNG

Also joined one of the lfg groups for Crota. Ended up being a retro Crota raid where the time spent cheesing the bridge is 3x greater than the rest of the raid.

Also joined one of the lfg groups for Crota. Ended up being a retro Crota raid where the time spent cheesing the bridge is 3x greater than the rest of the raid.

Cringe

Please tell me they at least were doing this while weaing 170 light gear?

Cheesing the bridge with a team of 6 when it was a 32/160 fight and they are 40/300+ is just so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Remember those first attempts at doing the Bridge.... fecking acolytes were causing a heap of problems on their own. THE HORROR..... THE HORROR!

• Advertisement

I never had any issues.

"Who wants to go across 1st?"

Wait's about 0.001 seconds

"No one? Ok I guess I'll go 1st"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cringe

Please tell me they at least were doing this while weaing 170 light gear?

Cheesing the bridge with a team of 6 when it was a 32/160 fight and they are 40/300+ is just so bad

Love doing the vault of glass and breaking out the Kabr armour for my titan.

I never had any issues.

"Who wants to run Sword?"

Wait's about 0.001 seconds

"No one? Ok I guess I'll go"

:D

1 eternity later.

My CE completions on my Hunter are way more even though that wasn't my main, cause of the deafening silence of "who wants to run sword"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My CE completions on my Hunter are way more even though that wasn't my main, cause of the deafening silence of "who wants to run sword"

Same.

Anyone want to do the sword?
    *Silence*
    Anyone a hunter?
    *Silence*
    Sigh. Fine I'll do it.

Same.

*Silence*
    Anyone a hunter?
    *Silence*
    Sigh. Fine I'll do it.

*GenericDreadHead has joined*

"Heyyyyyyy, Do you guys need a sword carrier?"

:pac:

Some people just love the limelight.

Sorry my Smilies are broken otherwise I'd do several pac men around here.

Pac Man is best smiley

Same.

*Silence*
    Anyone a hunter?
    *Silence*
    Sigh. Fine I'll do it.

Hey X aren't you a hunter?

I was but I've gone to switch to Titan so I can distract.

But we have already have a Titan.

Yeah but you see I only need this cp for the character. I'll finish with Hunter later on in the week.

I can still do this one :) but it wouldn't have worked in that context. All the rest are dead. :(

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can still do this one :) but it wouldn't have worked in that context. All the rest are dead. :(

Try type

: pac :

without the spaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

:PAC:

Edit on my phone, bored in work. Must it be not in CAPS?

:PAC:

Boo... doesn't work for me

Yeah, not caps, all lower case.

I wonder if people are like "hmmm I was thinking of picking up Destiny for this Rise of Iron DLC, let me check out the sub-forum and see what kind of in depth discussions are going on regarding it's content and value and lore"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

*GenericDreadHead has joined*

"Heyyyyyyy, Do you guys need a sword carrier?"

*GenericDreadHead is down*
    Goes onto 5 man Crota.
    :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I wonder if people are like "hmmm I was thinking of picking up Destiny for this Rise of Iron DLC, let me check out the sub-forum and see what kind of in depth discussions are going on regarding it's content and value and lore"

Its ok we have a disclaimer telling posters that they have to put you on ignore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually going to be very very expensive for anyone to trade up from Previous Gen Consoles or start fresh now.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Actually going to be very very expensive for anyone to trade up from Previous Gen Consoles or start fresh now.

At least current gen has enough exclusives and new games now that it's worthwhile tough. That 1st year of this gen was a barren wasteland of games :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »

Its worth it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement